It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat earth theory?

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

You know absolutely nothing about physics... so how do you figure it proves your idiocy when you don't even understand the basics of the concept?

LMAO!!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

LMAO, you dont even know how gravity works or what it is.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AntonGonist

No eh?

Funny because i've been explaining the basic idea of it for pages

Lemmie guess... you're another flat earther attempting to chime in on this stupidity?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What is gravity and how does it work?

Lemmie guess... you're another flat earther attempting to chime in on this stupidity?

Why do you have to jump to labels like that. Do you feel that putting me in a certain catagory gives you an intellectual advantage or just the emotional?

edit on 20-7-2019 by AntonGonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Don't descend to their level.
This thread is unfortunately full of juvenile bullies-in-training.
They are only here to mock those that don't have the same belief-system as them.

Your opinions and beliefs can be freely expressed here, whatever they are.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntonGonist

We don't need to know what gravity is or how exactly it works to be able to make predictions about the effects of gravity that would show Turbonium's statements about gravity are wrong.

All we need to know how to do is closely observe how gravity works to be able to make detailed predictions about it. Isaac Newton was doing that 300 years ago. We send probes to other planets using our Newtonian physics understanding of how the effects of gravity manifests itself.

We don't need to know the "why" of how gravity works. We only need to know what it does.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Look it up man... This isn't grade school

Why do you have to jump to labels like that. Do you feel that putting me in a certain catagory gives you an intellectual advantage or just the emotional?

Pardon my assumption... just someone showing up to defend the simple minded

I get it... Theres a few of you out there like that as you can see

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

What’s nonsense? You cannot handle mankind actually uses earth orbit, has established technology on the moon, and we are exploring space?

These are merely illusions, and parlor tricks, which you cannot handle.

Why would you have no proof, no valid evidence, of actual footage, from Earth, showing a rocket going up, and up, and up, towards 'orbit', if it is true? You believe the ISS was seen, and filmed, from Earth, while orbiting Earth. Like satellites, are seen, and filmed, in 'orbit'.

Then you claim rockets - which are flying in air - cannot be seen, or filmed, from Earth, when they are actually going up into 'orbit'!!?? What a joke!

If thousands of rockets have gone into space, and we've tracked them from launch, and ever since then....

If they can film them in orbit, and we can 'see' them in orbit.....

Only a half-wit moron would still think it's impossible to film a rocket going into orbit, from Earth. Or someone with an agenda, or in denial, would also claim it's not possible to film it from Earth.

For example, all the Apollo missions would have meticulously plotted out all their flight paths... true?

Now, do you know if NASA presented the Apollo flight paths, to the public, before each mission? I don't think so, but I'll look into it, to be sure.

What about the ISS? What about thousands of satellites? Anyone know if they ever presented a flight path, before launch-off? I don't recall any.

So - they know the flight path of their rockets, but they never show them to the public. Or they show something that is supposedly a 'flight plan'. Scraps of paper, with crude lines drawn in, from 'space', do not make it anything close to a 'flight plan'.

They'd obviously want the world to know when any Apollo craft is going to fly over them, in a city, or area, after they launched off. But they never did.

You claim they've released the flight path of the ISS, where it can be seen, when it can be seen, while in 'orbit'.

So why didn't they release the flight path of the ISS when it launched from Earth, the same way they did when it was in Earth 'orbit'? There's no reason NOT to show it, except for one. If the rocket didn't go into orbit, at all.

How can anyone believe that they will happily show details of exactly where the ISS can be seen, while in 'orbit', but it was totally impossible to show where the ISS is after launching from Earth?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: AntonGonist

We don't need to know what gravity is or how exactly it works to be able to make predictions about the effects of gravity that would show Turbonium's statements about gravity are wrong.

All we need to know how to do is closely observe how gravity works to be able to make detailed predictions about it. Isaac Newton was doing that 300 years ago. We send probes to other planets using our Newtonian physics understanding of how the effects of gravity manifests itself.

We don't need to know the "why" of how gravity works. We only need to know what it does.

You suggest that, although nobody knows what gravity is, or how it works at all, we are able to "observe" how gravity works, around us, our planet, our whole universe, too! That's really amazing, is it not?

It's nonsense.

They haven't predicted anything that proves 'gravity' even exists, whatsoever. Let alone all the magical feats it can do, for that matter.

If a force existed, within Earth, which 'held' all objects down to the surface, and 'pulled' down objects above the surface, that force would offer RESISTANCE against all objects which oppose that 'pulling' force which 'holds' them to Earth, before they oppose that force.

Such massive force would require objects to have more force, in order to break free from that massive force, which 'holds them to the surface'. This shows an actual force exists in Earth, 'holding' the objects to Earth. Only a greater force can overcome the force which is holding them to Earth's surface. So when a bird or insect flies above the surface of Earth, without RESISTANCE from a force which supposedly holds all objects to Earth, it proves beyond a doubt, that NO force exists within Earth.

It would offer incredible resistance to opposing forces, in fact.

How would you prove this force even exists, when it offers no resistance to a little bird opposing it? That's ridiculous!

Many other things prove gravity doesn't exist, which I've already explained here.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
you haven't explained anything...

you just dismiss and repeat bullsh!t that's already been thoroughly explained to you over and over...

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Burn the disbeliever.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I prefer to educate... not a Christian bro...

unfortunately this type of person can't be taught

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
you haven't explained anything...

you just dismiss and repeat bullsh!t that's already been thoroughly explained to you over and over...

A fine contribution to the issue, once again.

Nobody can reply to such a magnificent post as this, so I won't waste my time with it, nor will anyone else, I'm quite sure!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

There is no issue... You haven't got a clue what you're talking about and you've proved it with every word you type...

You dismiss what you are told, and repeat the same crap that's been completely debunked every single time

This thread is already in the LOL bin... and you're nothing more then a punch line for everyone to laugh at, which I assume is why they let this continue

Theres really nothing much else to say

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Im sorry for bring such a total dick about this... and it has nothing to do with you as a person.

Only the belief you hold... its a fairy tale which is insulting to reality

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You sure seem to spend a lot of time posting on an issue you claim to be nonsense.... for some odd reason.

Why do you think you're still here, then?

I don't post on threads that I find are nonsense, because I know they are nonsense, and it would be a waste of my time, to discuss it. So I don't post on such threads.

I certainly don't go there, to insult the people who believe in those things, either. What for?

But you come here, on a topic you call nonsense, and insult people for their opinion, which means you have a problem with the issue itself, and obviously, one would only do this if the issue was relevant to him/her.

And that's why you are still here, even if you won't admit it, or even if you haven't realized it yet.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

no...I come here to figure out why you have such a belief...

and I know why... you don't attempt to learn outside your bubble (dome)

Gravity is provable and testable, so is the shape of the earth....

theres nothing that shows or proves a flat earth aside from lack of education

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

no...I come here to figure out why you have such a belief...

and I know why... you don't attempt to learn outside your bubble (dome)

Gravity is provable and testable, so is the shape of the earth....

theres nothing that shows or proves a flat earth aside from lack of education

That's not why you are here.

I don't care why some people might believe in alien abductions, or in hairy monsters, from another dimension.

I don't need to 'figure out' why they believe in such things, either. I don't go on those threads, and ask them why they haven't tried to 'educate' themselves, because it's stupid to believe in monsters from another dimension.

Why would you care what I believe about the shape of Earth? Is it really important to you that I believe in things, which you do not believe in?

I'm here to show the evidence of the Earth being flat, which is what I believe, beyond any doubt, is the truth.

I've shown how airplanes prove the Earth is flat, every day, with their own instruments measuring it. You reply with a magical force that holds planes around the 'curvature' of Earth, and claim I am the one without an education, which is quite ironic, to say the least.

If you don't want to discuss the points I'm raising, I have no time for childish insults in your endless posts, specifically
done as personal attacks. You just look like an idiot, and everyone else sees you the same way, but don't waste time posting about it, which I wouldn't do either.

I feel sorry for you, to be honest.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

you don't discuss... you dismiss and repeat

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm sure you realize by now that no rockets have been filmed from Earth going up towards 'orbit'.

You've told me that they have pointed out where the ISS could be seen above Earth, while in 'orbit',

Do you now wonder why, among thousands of satellites going up, and other craft....why it would be that they have never, even once, pointed out to you any of their flight paths, WHEN they were launched from Earth? Where it could be seen from Earth, at a certain time?

I don't wonder why they've never done that, and why they never, ever, will do it, either. You should know it, as well.

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join