It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bassago - Returned from a short walkabout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hello ATS, been a while since I've been here and posted. Several years actually but hey, time is relative, right. It didn't seem very long to me since I left and went walkabout. That said ATS seems different than I remember, more divided than ever. Sadly but unsurprisingly just like America. I must say it's a bit distressing to see the escalation and ever widening divide in the political forums.

Anyway I thought it best to greet folks through the Intro forum and give old friends (and hopefully new ones) a heads up that I've returned. In the 3 years since I've posted, many names are new, many of the old names are no longer active. Such is life. Anyway, being gone didn't mean not dropping in once and a while to see what was happening. Some things change, others not so much.

So a quick intro, I'm conservative, a veteran, and believe in the Constitution as it was written by the founders. How conservative? So conservative I'd never dream of telling you what you should do, who you should marry and believe your freedoms to do whatever you please extends as far as you want until they infringe on anothers. Perhaps that makes me a liberal IDK, labels don't really seem to help us much do they?

Finally though I thanked the mods in general and a couple specifically for helping me get up and running again (couldn't post) I'd like to thank another for stepping up as well. Thank you Kandinsky!

Hello ATS, I'm back!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Good to see you again

Edit: yes I remeber you.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Hey Bigburgh, thanks for the hello. Seems strange to be be back. Is everything sideways here?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
Hello ATS, I'm back!

Good to see you back. I have truly missed you, brother. Seeing this post is an especially good cap to the end of a very long week.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Welcome Back !!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

**cough**
Lol,
It has certainly changed. Especially beginning ohh... 2016 to present.

Lot's have left.

Humour is a good attitude to have at the moment.

Yes sideways here.

edit on 19-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Hey Snarl, Good to hear from you, missed your avatar. Hope you're well my friend.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Welcome back brother!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hey dude xuenchen, long time my friend. You've been busy the last couple years my friend haha.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Hey Snarl, Good to hear from you, missed your avatar. Hope you're well my friend.

LOL ... a Lot has changed. I moved back to the States and am hoping to be on my way back out again already.

You don't know how much I hoped you'd come back. You were that guy at the bottom of my Friends List. The one who was gone the longest. Well ... if not the very bottom, damned close to it. Good to see your name rise to the top. Next time you plan to take a hike ... you owe me a personal message (so I can manage my expectations!!).

Toasting your return with a fresh glass of Tequila.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Truly you are my brother. Thanks Seeker, good to see you!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Oh gawd tequila, that's not gonna sit good on top of all this gin haha. But OK next time I promise to give a heads up. Guess you're wondering if moving back was a great idea.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Guess you're wondering if moving back was a great idea.

For me ... it was a necessary evil. Of course I wasn't expecting to walk into the fires of Hell exactly. LOL

It does feel good being armed-to-the-teeth again.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

2016 huh, don't even know where i was then except the wilderness. 2016 was like a couple minutes ago right?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Of course I wasn't expecting to walk into the fires of Hell exactly. LOL It does feel good being armed-to-the-teeth again.

Hahaha fires of hell, really? Doesn't seem that hot yet. Being armed to the teeth is like prerequisite in the US right? Really though IDK since I've always been armed to the teeth. Is there any other way?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Welcome to the Marxist siege.
WE can't shoot..

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

It seems like you were here only a short time ago !!! I think I have missing time !!

Also welcome back

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

WE can't shoot..

We can't??? Wait wut? New T&C right? My old platoon sergeant taught us to shoot everything and let God sort them out. Good to see you cavtrooper7.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think I have missing time !!

Hey that happens to me all the time! Thanks for the welcome 727Sky.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

top topics

join