It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotify Banning Neo Nazi Music

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Maybe ideology would fall under religion, which is also protected? A bit of a stretch, because lots of ideologies don't have anything to do with worship or faith. I know there was a situation where an electrician (I think) refused to service Trump supporters. Dont know if that would be a case of discrimination according to the laws.

As far as I know, no lawsuit has ever been brought against a business owner for refusal of service by a group of skinheads. Is that because no one has ever refused them service? Don't know...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well, thank you for your honesty and, indeed for the respectful and reasonable dialogue thay has taken place over these last few pages.

I find it interesting that, ultimately, these discussions always come back around to "someone is a protected group" or "someone has had bad stuff happen to them in the past so it's ok" etc. This is always the last word essentially because, you are correct.

Somebody, somewhere, at some time, without consulting everyone else, decided that some people will be subject to one set of standards and others another.

This was then enshrined in law and now it's a-ok and just peachy because the government said so!
Yes! That's that settled then... Ahh but with it goes the right to self-govern, to self-regulate, to decide between ourselve and for ourselves.

Now what is right is only what is decreed from above.

That is why it's ok to force a man to do something and accept something that he fervently believes with all his heart is an affront to his creator, and is at the expense of his very soul. Because someone, somewhere decided that, if someone wants him to make them a cake, then goddammit he'd better if he knows what's good for him.

Ahh.. the old "it's a false equivelancy".

No, it's really not. It comes down to whether a person, or persons, or company (which is really only a person or persons with a glossy cover slapped on the front) is free to choose for themselves or whether they can be forced to comply and to conform, no matter what the cost.

What a world we live in where this is so. Let us all pat ourselves on the back for creating such a wondrous and fair society!

Ahh.. Guess we'll have to wait until the wheel spins again...

Til next time

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Not really like a broker as the customers payment isn't dependent on what they buy or how much. They pay for membership not per song. Maybe a better example is an all you can eat buffet.

You pay a set amount for unlimited music. The amount paid to artists depends on total plays but there is no payment from customer to artist.

BLM are not a supremacist organisation. Some of their supporters may hold fairly radical or even racist views but there is nothing inherently racist about it.

You can't really be a member of a white supremacists organisation and not be a racist.

The view of the majority of equal rights groups is exactly that equal rights. I am unaware of any orginisation that gets general acceptance and support that argues for racial supremacy.
Your idea that there is a double standard is based on a total false equivalence.

Your final point is a total strawman and you know it. It is not acceptable at the moment to say it is ok to go out and beat people of any colour.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I agree OP. This is what you would call "Black Privilege".

"You can't really be a member of a white supremacists organisation and not be a racist. "

Erhm, so it's racist to say that white people should be allowed to have a white nation- like other non-white nations? I am not speaking from my own views but just because you're a white nationalist doesn't mean you're a racist.

Here's a prime example: Adolf Hitler.

Hitler was allied with Japan, middle east, and had participants in Africa and South America. Far aligned with white people. Meanwhile he killed millions of white gentiles and white Jews. Jesse Owens admits he had more respect as human being in Nazi Germany than he did in America.

Just because you believe in "nationalism" or "white nationalism" doesn't mean you're a racist. It just means you don't want a international melting pot of a nation.

Again, not taking sides.. just don't see your logic how all white nationalist are racist.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Iostsheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Meanwhile all the ceos are at home fapping to Tupac and guns money bitches rap from the 90s - at least the next Nazis practice what they preach not vote for suit pants who would see them all put away.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iostsheep
I agree OP. This is what you would call "Black Privilege".

"You can't really be a member of a white supremacists organisation and not be a racist. "

Erhm, so it's racist to say that white people should be allowed to have a white nation- like other non-white nations? I am not speaking from my own views but just because you're a white nationalist doesn't mean you're a racist.

Here's a prime example: Adolf Hitler.

Hitler was allied with Japan, middle east, and had participants in Africa and South America. Far aligned with white people. Meanwhile he killed millions of white gentiles and white Jews. Jesse Owens admits he had more respect as human being in Nazi Germany than he did in America.

Just because you believe in "nationalism" or "white nationalism" doesn't mean you're a racist. It just means you don't want a international melting pot of a nation.

Again, not taking sides.. just don't see your logic how all white nationalist are racist.

You think that there is a group wanting some nonwhites removed, or treated as second class citizens, for non racist reasons?

That sounds plausible...

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Indeed. This is a complete BS move - It's just as bad as making certain opinions actual criminal offenses. Stupid beyond belief. Michael Moore better start becoming a recording artist, or we'll soon run out of stuff to listen to, if this keeps up.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join