It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Testing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
He says those testing companies are full of # and that he wouldn't let the government get ahold of his DNA anyway... Not sure what they'd do with it but... oh well

lol maybe "they" started the testing because they are looking to find something, i.e. specific types of bloodlines. Hey, this IS a conspiracy website
Your dad reminds me of how my dad was!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is really tempting. My mom has done tons of research on her side of the family (non genetic research obviously), but she has only been able to go back a a couple hundred years. I'm really interested it seeing how accurate her research was, and what the big picture looks like. It's true that just because your recent ancestors came from certain countries, it doesn't mean your heritage is mostly those. People migrate all over the place. As I understand it now, I'm around 1/4 Irish 1/4 Welsch, 1/4 German and 1/4 English, with a little french sprinkled in. I think I'm going to do this and see how it turns out.
edit on 8 18 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I have one from AncestryDNA that I'm about to do this evening and my half sister has had one done. She swore native American would come back in the result but come to find out none came back.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I purchased the 23andMe kit about 4 years ago. Since I'm female, it was the mitochondrial genetic profile, or mtDNA.
I did find genetic relatives in Russia, actually in the Crimea. It was quite amazing because my grandparents left Russia in the early 1900's and arrived at Ellis Island. My grandmother was actually born not far from where these genetic relatives live.

You can download the data from 23andMe to GedMatch which does more extensive analysis. You can also connect with current research projects where different types of software are available for genetic analysis.

The mtDNA analysis was interesting - it made sense too: 70% Eastern European, 7% Ashkenazi Jewish, 3% mixed Asian (this makes sense because the Mongolian Khans came through that region), the balance mixed. I also have 298 Neanderthal variants which puts me at more than 80% of all 23andMe participants. My genetic relatives have about the same profile including a high percentage of Neanderthal variants.

One of the GenMatch analyses showed migratory patterns from Siberia with matches to known tribes that lived in that area.

I have yet to get one of my three brothers to submit a sample for the paternal side. Stubborn - but they're men, what can I say!

edit on 2-9-2017 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2017 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join