It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Hate Someone For No Logical Reason and Still Be a Good Person?.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Fear of the wasp's sting, however, drives one to critically calculate a way to prevent it from happening. Fear obviously isn't the solution to a problem any more than other emotions, such as blind love would be. However, it is the push that makes a man move.

There is no scenario in which one leaps right into the so-called "higher, more complex" reasoning functions without first being motivated by the more simplistic, base urges. Fear, hunger, anger, love, greed, lust, fatigue, are all vital components to the human machine just as the ancient and lowly wheel is vital to a car, whether that car has a pathetic Yugo 55 engine under the hood or a GM small block V8, neither gets you anywhere without the wheels. Mankind's base reactions and emotions are the wheels our cars ride on.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's a tricky one.
Hate is such a strong word.
I am not sure you can have hate in you without good reason and be normal.
Lots of people conflate the word hate with disliking someone or something.
If you hate someone, really hate them, then you are going to hurt them. Hate is all encompassing so, no. If you hate without reason, you probably need some help.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Good people base their actions on good reasons.

The reasons for hate is more with what people do rather than who they are.

Understanding and forgiveness helps in dropping the weight of hate.

There is always a reason and some of them are bad.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Ummm...no dude...you can't...the hate is like a toxic septic sludge moving through your veins..it's pollution...

As you stated...it's irrational and the unfortunate side affect is that it infects all those other fine qualities you also spoke to...

What your describing is a schism...a compartmentalization...an aspect persona that is the antithesis to those good qualities your describing...Not healthy...

How about instead you have compassion for the individual but dislike their stance on a particular issue...how about instead of creating and recreating and proliferating...divide and dissension...you instead recognize that it's possible to bridge difference...IF...you accept that other as an equal...

How do you combat that orchestrated division...with compassion...with an active decision to step beyond the mold that was made for you...step outside of their box and just reach your hand across whatever divide exists within the construct...

Or...you could just claim that I'm talking out of my ass...and continue the charade...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No it does not.

Fear does not drive critical calculation. Critical calculation is only done correctly and at its highest efficiency, when one is not thinking about the threat, only the solution to it. The people who designed and built the first firearms, were not sat in tents, pissing their pants and crying about how threatened they were when they built them. They went to their workshop, sat down, banished the shivers and the twitches associated with fear response, and engaged pure reason, mechanical awareness, mathematics, physics, or as near as they had access to at the time, and came up with something new and inventive, which by the end of the process had nothing to do with fear at all, and everything to do with pure ingenuity and inventiveness.

The people who built the atomic bomb, were not scrambling from fox hole to dugout, to hardpoint to bunker whilst engaged in the process. They were engaged in an intellectual exercise the like of which had never been attempted before, involving science so relatively new, that they had no idea when they detonated the first test, whether it would merely explode, or whether it would burn the atmosphere. The men and women working the numbers, testing the theories, were not acting out of fear. They were commanded by people who may have been, but in order to process the calculations necessary to arrive at a functional nuclear device, the minds of those working that project had to be rooted in reason, not fear. The amygdala does not produce effects which aid long term cognition. Higher reasoning does.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

haters are gonna hate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No it does not.

Fear does not drive critical calculation. Critical calculation is only done correctly and at its highest efficiency, when one is not thinking about the threat, only the solution to it. The people who designed and built the first firearms, were not sat in tents, pissing their pants and crying about how threatened they were when they built them. They went to their workshop, sat down, banished the shivers and the twitches associated with fear response, and engaged pure reason, mechanical awareness, mathematics, physics, or as near as they had access to at the time, and came up with something new and inventive, which by the end of the process had nothing to do with fear at all, and everything to do with pure ingenuity and inventiveness.

The people who built the atomic bomb, were not scrambling from fox hole to dugout, to hardpoint to bunker whilst engaged in the process. They were engaged in an intellectual exercise the like of which had never been attempted before, involving science so relatively new, that they had no idea when they detonated the first test, whether it would merely explode, or whether it would burn the atmosphere. The men and women working the numbers, testing the theories, were not acting out of fear. They were commanded by people who may have been, but in order to process the calculations necessary to arrive at a functional nuclear device, the minds of those working that project had to be rooted in reason, not fear. The amygdala does not produce effects which aid long term cognition. Higher reasoning does.

You yourself just gave reasons for people to create solutions to fear based problems.

Why create the gun unless your afraid of the man with a sword?
edit on 17-8-2017 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

if President Obama had said what President Trump said 

That would never have happened.

Why don't you ask your hero. He obviously hated Obama for no reason.
Other that he was black of course and cut a joke about him once.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler
a reply to: crimsongod21

as a raider fan i hate the stupid chiiiiieeeeeeeeeeefs tannoy thing.
and travis kelce.

That explains so much about you.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No of course Obama wouldn't have. He always picked a side. Remember the police acting stupidly? If I had a son ...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I hate BMW drivers but that's because they are mostly idiots.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
I hate BMW drivers but that's because they are mostly idiots.

I think they have morphed into Audi drivers of late.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

🌌

Your post deserves a sky full of stars.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Very well said

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have grappled with this question.

First off, the idea of simply hating someone because of what they are is foreign. I don't get it. It's different from disliking concepts of what you know people are doing ... like gaming the welfare system. And disliking how societal systems and cultures operate and persist.

I'm not sure the president was saying "fine" in the sense of being all around good people, but merely fine in the sense that otherwise they are functional members of society.

And this is where I am torn. How many people do you or I work alongside who keep their private hatreds to themselves and otherwise go air them in what they think of as private places later on? Perhaps they go home or out with their like-minded friends or a place of worship, and they could be all races and creeds.

What happens if we start completely ostracizing them from all attempts at regular public life because they have these hatreds?

Do we also bar them from public assistance? Do we make them homeless? Can you even discriminate in that way?

And once we start down that path ... what gets defined as "hatred?" How do we set up a due process for this or is there one or does someone merely have to accuse you of "hatred" in order to ruin you and set you down this new societal path?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's ironic the OP asks that, because they all hate Trump and have no proof for any reasons why.
"He's a racist"
"He hates women"
"blargggggg"

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Lol weird in my country too
I myself don't drive so it's my hubby that has to put up with their road antics.At first i thought he was joking but through the years i noticed that indeed a disproportianate amount of them drive like pricks.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
First, he meant regular citizens that were there expressing the freedom of speech who were not associated with either Antifa or Nazis. I listened to him and that was the context. He wasn't talking about good Nazis at all. It was completely warped by the media.

To answer your question. Of course they can be ignorant and misled and illogical. It could be a traumatic life experience to cause illogical hatred or even fear. To get through to these people takes communication instead of fighting. I think everyone has a chance before it's too late and they succumb to hatred with violence.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You people all saying no must have a great view from your ivory towers that you live in. I don't buy that none of have ever hated anyone or had a prejudiced thought. It doesn't mean you are a bad person it means you are human and imperfect. Now, if you let hate consume you that is where the line is crossed. So get over yourselves and be honest that you can hate and be a good person

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

I have. I've felt hatred once, and I hope to never feel that again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join