It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from a Friend in the Artic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The climate change program in Europe will have to fine the Eskimos for all the methane they are emitting from their area. They can take their oil royalty checks to pay the rich people in France working on the program.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: pheonix358

You what your saying. I mean REALLY telling us.

Someday, sooner or later.

Is that.

Winter is Coming.

I would suggest 0-500 years. As the graph shows, you get some real interesting weather variations leading up to the turning point. We should be having in-depth discussions about it but sadly, all such attempts are destroyed by Gore's paid and unpaid henchmen.

That graph was created before Al Gore started his nonsense. It is circa 1995.

P

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Umm, what vegetation grows on ice?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Got it, so it's from areas of permafrost where vegetation used to grow?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

From what I remember.. I believe so.. many thousands of years ago when the climate was more temperate (remember the continents were closer to the equator also) Maybe a real geologist will pop in and explain the facts to us!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yeah that rang a little false to me as well. Awkward sentence setting up the "sell.'

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Since records began - are these the records which began only 150 years ago???

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You graph is incomplete. We are now over 400ppm of CO2.

It is also void of a source for the data. Its appears the graph is conveniently leaving out thepast 50 years of data.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
New term I heard covers anything doomy not previously covered.

CLIMATIC VARIATION WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! We're DOOMED!!!!

edit on 17-8-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Yes it is getting warmer.

Has been for the last 12,000 years.

It is a cycle that our world is subject to.

It will get hotter and then it will get a lot colder.

Man made global warming is just a stupid money making machine.

The ice, she a coming!

P

ETA: CO2 follows a rise in temperature, it does not cause it. Methane is very different.

That's a pretty graph. Let's look at a more recent version:

Notice that never in the last 800,000 years has PPM for CO2 been above 300 - with the exception of the last 100 or so.

Now, let's zoom in on the last 2000 years, again looking only at CO2:

Amazing the detail you can uncover with a graph that is a) more recent and b) shows the detail that your graph so eloquently tries to hide.

Finally, let's look at temperature variation vs CO2 for the last ~150 years:

Starting to get the picture? Here's a link to a good article - read it - you might learn something:

www.rescuethatfrog.com...-5

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyAnswer
As an armchair, know-nothing, I've always been of the belief that it is methane and not CO2 that would be the straw that really tips the scales with world-wide climate shift. When the earth gives up its stores it could very well be catastrophic. But I, as an individual, have zero control over any of it and choose not to even think twice or worry. I live my quiet life, love people and put my head down and work. What will be will be.

Yeah, well you know what the cruel irony is here? It's global warming caused by rapidly rising CO2 levels that is melting the permafrost that will release the methane.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
methane has been credited (or blamed) for ending the ice age, scientist have proof that a massive and relatively fast increase in atmospheric methane ended the ice age but they still are unable to explain where all that methane came from.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Oh crap, after 20 plus years of CO2 being the issue, now it's methane?

I have been reading about the Methane release and what is to come since long years ago. In the Arctic under the Barents sea, Florida, Alaska. Russia.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Umm, what vegetation grows on ice?

It wasn't ice at the time - hundreds of thousands of years ago.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

It's only been a few decades since we've been directly measuring CO2 in the atmosphere.
What I mean is, I'm having problems with the stitching of ice core data and actual sensor readings. Equalizing the two is imo unscientific and should be seen as different.
Also being at 400ppm doesn't mean this causes any problems to this planet or beings. The fact is that most of the plants dominating the earth, especially those we need or use for consumption, thrive better in higher concentrations of CO2.

The current explanation of the CO2 lag on temperature makes little sense and the fact that the recent CO2 rise isn't followed by an equal temperature rise could be the proof that the two aren't so close related than we thought.

And last month, July 2017, is now tied for the hottest month ever recorded in history. We are cooked, my darling, girl. Let everyone you love know that you love them. xxx

Hmm so I've read multiple sources saying July 2017, Greenland have had the coldest temperature record ever recorded in the northern hemisphere.
So Not sure anymore who to believe, that letter from a friend in the Arctic or the actual sensor readings from the weather station?

www.summitcamp.org...
www.vencoreweather.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I brought this up 9 years ago, i'd love to be wrong.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nowuknow

Thanks, I'll check it out. Take care - sorry if I offended you.

No offence taken.

Just looking for productive input.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Trivializing serious issues, while easy, doesn't help solve the problem.

And there is a serious, life threatening problem here, whether you believe it is caused by human activity, sun spots, little green men.

It doesn't matter whether "it's okay in my backyard" because it isn't about you, it's about the ability of human life to survive on earth, even life as we know it.

It's not just warming that is causing problems but human generated POLLUTION of all types. It's just that, honestly, rapid warming of the ENTIRE PLANET, will kill us most quickly.

But there are those that choose to ignore the problem and will seek any excuse to hide from reality and Big Business is feeding on this ignorance.

About fifteen years ago I was talking with a scientist (generalist) friend about the slowdown of the 'Great Conveyer Current' that circles the globe and largely regulates weather patterns. I said to her, "If that goes (shuts down), all life is dead", and she said, "Don't worry, the archangels won't allow that to happen". Well I hope she is right; but I don't believe there will be any 'outside' intervention and we will all 'sleep in the bed, we let be made'.

I'm generally an optimist and believe in the basic goodness of people and of life - but the closeminded allegiance to an 'escape hatch' from responsibility provided by doom profiteers - just sickens me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join