It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five missing in Blackhawk crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
A UH-60 Blackhawk from Wheeler Army Air Field in Hawaii is missing off the coast of Hawaii. The aircraft was on a night training mission overnight, with five crew members on board when it went missing. It was reported as having lost contact at approximately 10pm, and a search was immediately launched. A debris field was found 2 miles off Kaena Point, near the North Shore of Oahu.

Aircraft and boats are currently searching for the missing crew. Weather conditions are reported as being good. The fuselage and a helmet were found early this morning. The aircraft were part of the 25th Combat Aviation Brigade.

www.wearethemighty.com...
www.staradvertiser.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There seem to be a high frequency of similar crashes, specifically in Hawaii. I remember a similar event happening last January, and others before this. I hope those involved are found and rescued but the prognosis does not sound good... ah man :/

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have friends on that bird.

So far I only have confirmation of one.

His wife is a mess right now.

He was an MTP in my unit.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It was a midair between two Marine CH-53s doing NVG work last year. They were both low time, one of them very low time in aircraft, NVG, and local area at the time of the crash.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sorry to hear that. I always hate to hear stuff like this happening.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I got the call while I was at work.

With Arrowsmith 35, Mojo 69, 87-24651 from 2-219, we have taken a lot of hits.

I've lost a lot of soldiers and many of them have come from the same family of aviators who had lost AS35.
This is just another hit on this family.

B Co 3-1 AHB.
edit on 16 8 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's gotten ugly all around in the last few years. Something needs to be done quickly to try to start putting things right again.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Still don't know what happened.

I have my inclinations, but many things can go wrong in a helicopter with or without the help of humans.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

We're seeing a lot of low time accidents lately, in both rotary and fixed wing, as well as maintenance related problems.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I know for a fact that the vast majority of the US Army's Combat Aviation Brigades have an op-tempo equal to that of a full deployment while in garrison. This has been going on a long time now, and its starting to catch up. We had a aviation stand down week after the first batch of crashes and mishaps. The whole point was to make leaders and soldiers slow down a bit.

But it just went right back to working joes 16 hours for no reason at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just announced we lost another SM in Afghanistan with more wounded

Another sad day for us...

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Update from the USCG Pacific:

Involved in the search are the following-

Aircraft-
HC-130
MH-65
CH-47
MH-60R
P-3
HFD helicopter

Ships-
87 foot CG Cutter Ahi
45 foot Response Boat
Ocean Services, Honolulu Life Guards, DLNR
225 foot buoy tender Walnut is enroute

None of the crew have been found so far. Debris has been found at sea, and on shore and recovered. An area command post has been set up.

content.govdelivery.com...
edit on 8/16/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Prayers for family and friends...

Thank you for your service!

peace

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The company is A Co 2-25 Black Jacks.

edit on 17 8 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A Navy dive and salvage team arrived today from Bishop Point. The air search has moved offshore, to as far as 50 miles. They're concentrating on the 15-20 mile area. The area where they went down has strong currents that join together and head out to sea. Family members confirmed that Abby Milam of Jenkins Kentucky was one of the people on board the helicopter. None of the others have been identified.

www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Is it assumed the missing are in the wreckage?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Most likely if they haven't found them by now, but they're still hopeful they will find some, or all of them alive. They're still calling it a search and rescue at this point.
edit on 8/17/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hope and Pray

When conducting maritime TX, why dont all SM have Epirbs?

Times like these...
edit on 17-8-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Edit

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

That's generally why I say that if they haven't found them within about two hours after a crash, they aren't finding them alive. I don't know about rotary aircrew, but fixed wing aircrew carry the PRC-112 radio which is capable of sending out a constant signal that can be homed in on, in addition to personal and seat mounted ELT units.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's generally why I say that if they haven't found them within about two hours after a crash, they aren't finding them alive. I don't know about rotary aircrew, but fixed wing aircrew carry the PRC-112 radio which is capable of sending out a constant signal that can be homed in on, in addition to personal and seat mounted ELT units.

Generally speaking, of course, but remember the Indianapolis

Hope and pray brother

top topics

<<   2 >>

join