It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Disband Democrats?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
or course here are the real questions...

Why disband the democrats? Why not just start a third party to replace them? or Support the Green Party?

The other question is why do we care about a statue? why do we care about removing it or keeping it? Both sides of that arguement are putting too much energy into an inanimate object. Why not ignore the statue and those that want it torn down and do something better like read, learn a skill, make more money, spend more time with your family and go to the Gym?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Are Democrats alive today responsible for slavery or segregation?

Seems to me that OP wants to punish people in the present for the sins of the past.

Wait, I've heard that somewhere before ...

/shrug

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I was going to say something but it is a waste of time,

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I was going to say something but it is a waste of time,

.... but you just did.

Say something.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What is being done is to hide the past from future generations this way they will never know that freedom existed. NWO can't proceed unless the people are divided (easier to take control) and all records of freedom are erased from history. NWO has been a Rothschild Rockerfeller dream for decades (matter of public record). Obama was just a puppet (a piss poor one at that) and many former presidents were also puppets for the elite. Both democrats and republicans strive for the same outcome total control over mankind. The U.N. was formed to play the role as NWO. Nixon formed the U.N. police to enforce that plan. reply to: Edumakated

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Disbanding the Democratic Party isn't wise. They help Republicans get elected all over the country. But the rest of your O.P. is awesome reading...particularly where it pertains to the Black/African American community.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Washington owned slaves.
Guess we gotta knock his monument down next.
The past will not exist then.....

We really need to stop worrying about the deeds of dead people any just learn to grow from them.

Washington was an American patriot. Jackson, Lee, and so on were a bunch of traitors who lead armies against the United States. They shouldn't have monuments, and it has nothing to do with race. Celebrating an armed anti American resistance just seems absurd to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No they weren't. Your perspective is one-layered. These were honorable men and are deserving of a monument for their valor. I won't go into a history lesson through the multi-layered lens of time and reason, but these men were not traitors nor were they Hitlers as so many like to say.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Disbanding the Democratic Party isn't wise. They help Republicans get elected all over the country. But the rest of your O.P. is awesome reading...particularly where it pertains to the Black/African American community.

I was being facetious. The point was where do we draw the line when it comes to erasing history we don't like? Liberals can't on one hand want to pull down confederate statues, but then ignore the Democrat party's own racist history and founding. I mean I've never accused liberals of being logical or consistent with their beliefs, but I've yet to hear one of them reconcile this conflicting view point.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
We won't need to disband Democrats. Their hyperbolic rants and dishonest actions will become so transparent to anybody with any common sense, that the party will become obsolete.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Why? Should we be celebrating war?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Getting rid of a statue to combat racism is like getting rid of a hospital to combat cancer.

Except its not... in anyway shape or form similar. Not even metaphorically. But hey... nice soundbite.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A statue gets toppled, so it's time to disband a political party that's been around for almost 200 years? Okaay then... that makes perfect sense.

All political parties.. ALL of them.. across the world.. are guilty of stupid, underhanded, illegal, bloody deeds. To cherry pick the one you don't like to be solely disbanded is kind of funny.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
A political party that has more supporters than its opposition as well... I mean, lets wait and see what happens in the next election maybe?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Quantity does not matter. The hand of the gerrymandered electorate must be kissed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join