It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville: Race and Terror – VICE News Tonight on HBO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: buster2010

They should have let the nazis have their little rally, but it looks like the counter-protesters couldn't help themselves and instigated and incited the political violence.

Clearly you didn't watch the video. The torch wielding, Nazi slogan repeating, hostile, invading neo-Nazi horde surrounded a small group of UVA college students and attacked them. Richard Spencer ADMITTED that they surrounded the group and wouldn't let them leave:

Why are you defending neo-Nazis and smearing their victims? If these assholes come to my town, marching through my streets with torches, chanting neo-Nazi slogans — I'm going to go out to meet them too. I won't throw the first punch but I'll be damned if I'm going to cower in my home while they bring that s# to my neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: buster2010

I am questioning my membership on ATS.

There are a lot of people on ATS who have been defending this. Makes me question if I want to be associated with a forum that have people who defend this kind of crap.

They defend it talking about freedom of speech, this is not freedom of speech this is hate and terrorism.

Thats is a very sobering video thank you for posting.

Welcome to ATS post American election.

There were shills before but now it's just an all out right-thinking website that has lost any kind of credibility in the conspiracy realm of the internet.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Funny thing that, that's exactly what I saw those Nazis doing! They threatened to do it in advance and they did it.
....Chasing people through the streets, surrounding people, beating them with fiery torches and bats, spraying them with mace, running them over with a car......

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Spraying people in the face with mace and beating them with sticks for holding a rally is censorship.

That's not what happened though. It's so bizarre that you're even saying it.

Had this been a Trump supporter in a car surrounded by torch wielding protesters, how many of you who are jumping to defend neo-Nazi scum would be claiming that the person in the car was justified in using deadly force to run those protesters down?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Funny thing that, that's exactly what I saw those Nazis doing! They threatened to do it in advance and they did it.
....Chasing people through the streets, surrounding people, beating them with fiery torches and bats, spraying them with mace, running them over with a car......

Wow you really went there. Of all the violent acts that involved the different parties you felt the need to mention the lunatic with the car just to prove your point. That's just pathetic and a new low even for you.

edit on 15-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: i'm gonna catch this damn gremlin

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I did watch the video. maybe you missed it but they showed Nazis sprayed in the face with pepper spray. I don't know what type of mental gymnastics are required to spin that, but you get a 10 for that dismount.

I'm well aware that you are the type to impede and obstruct a peaceful rally.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Spraying people in the face with mace and beating them with sticks for holding a rally is censorship.

Had this been a Trump supporter in a car surrounded by torch wielding protesters, how many of you who are jumping to defend neo-Nazi scum would be claiming that the person in the car was justified in using deadly force to run those protesters down?

It's right in the video. I'm not aware of your visual abilities, but perhaps you should get your eyes checked.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Of all the violent acts that involved the different parties you felt the need to mention the lunatic with the car just to prove your point.

That was the culmination of the event. It can't be dismissed. A young woman is dead because of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
correct me if im wrong but, didnt the Unite the Right group have all the proper permits and permission for their demonstration?

did the counter protesters also gain such legal permissions?

link   

I saw the Nazi guy dumping milk all over himself. I have no doubt that whoever sprayed him did so in fear of their life, i.e., self defense......."stand you ground" and all. Don't expect me to feel sorry for the guy who went there for the purpose of inciting violence and got a face full of pepper spray.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Trump supporters were surrounded and beat up by an angry mob quite often during the election. Antifa beat up Trump supporters in Berkeley. I remember the video that showed the bleeding and unconcious guy very well. Just one question did they get physical or did they only try to intimidate them and at one point just let them leave?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I saw the Nazi guy dumping milk all over himself. I have no doubt that whoever sprayed him did so in fear of their life, i.e., self defense......."stand you ground" and all. Don't expect me to feel sorry for the guy who went there for the purpose of inciting violence and got a face full of pepper spray.

I don't expect you to do that because to do so would involve principle.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
correct me if im wrong but, didnt the Unite the Right group have all the proper permits and permission for their demonstration?

did the counter protesters also gain such legal permissions?

No Antifa and BLM were there "illegally".

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Wow you really went there. Of all the violent acts that involved the different parties you felt the need to mention the lunatic with the car just to prove your point. That's just pathetic and a new low even for you.

So when one is trying to make a point about using acts of violence during protest, is one not allowed to mention all acts of violence that occurred?

What a silly, silly premise.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

How about the premeditated murder of an American citizen by plowing through a crowd of opposition protesters chanting "Who's streets? Our Streets!"

So now 1 incident in which 1 person was killed constitutes "a clear and present danger to the american lifestyle"?
Wow
Would you apply that standard to every "group" responsible for 1 death?
That is a lot of groups that are a "clear and present danger to the american lifestyle", no?

Sorry I am not buying your outrageous bs.
I am very sorry that someone was killed in va by an ahole.
Your overblown characterization of "a clear and present danger to the american lifestyle" is a joke.
Fixing healthcare is a clear and present danger to the american lifestyle.
Murder in Chicago is a clear and present danger to the american lifestyle.

They are a heinous group, you guys are making them into something they really are not which is relevant.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Of all the violent acts that involved the different parties you felt the need to mention the lunatic with the car just to prove your point.

That was the culmination of the event. It can't be dismissed. A young woman is dead because of it.

Yes i'm aware and i'm beginning to question why you bring up the poor women over and over again because it looks like you have ulterior motives in doing so. Did you condemn every single fatality that happened since Trump ran for office? There were quite a lot on all sides. I'm surprised that people still pretend this was the first ever.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You have proven yourself to be no one to question my principles.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You have proven yourself to be no one to question my principles.

Too bad, I just did. Your notion that Nazis and KKK are undeserving of the rights of all American citizens has proven that you have no principles.
edit on 15-8-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: theantediluvian

maybe you missed it but they showed Nazis sprayed in the face with pepper spray.

They should have used a gun instead.

Before you say it, no I don't care if I sound as bad as them because the truth is the world would - as a whole, be much better off without these racist, backwards bastards.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So now 1 incident in which 1 person was killed constitutes "a clear and present danger to the american lifestyle"?

One rally, in which hundreds of white supremacists, Nazis and KKK members called for the genocide of all non-white and non-white loving whites, yes, one death is a clear and present danger. It's only going to get worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join