It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Driver Innocent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: kruphix
Curious that you feel the need for these disclaimers

1) In no way am I supporting Nazi, white nationalists beliefs. For the record, I think they are basement dwelling scum bags. 2) In no way am I justifying the young lady killed or the other injured victims

Usually, I don't have to make disclaimers like that unless I think that my opinion is going to somehow suggest that those things are in fact true.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Nope, it is just because some of you are incapable of discussing anything without making accusations that one supports white nationalist. I'm black by the way.

Ok...you're black.

Still doesn't change my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think s/he is trying to have a legitimate conversation on a forum where a lot of people might want to question what happened from all kinds of angles.

I don't see that as a character flaw.

edit on 8/14/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

In this video it looks like no one was around him at the beginning. It appears he headed straight towards a group of people at high speeds, no horn, indiscriminately.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hate manifests itself in many ways, including race, color and creed. Hate is hate. Its up to us, "we the people" to show "the government", "the deep state", "republicans and democrats" and whoever else is hell-bent on dividing this country that it wont work. Wake up people!! "They " are succeeding in dividing us! Politicians and the MSN are the race baiters, they are the ones doing their best to create racial division in this country. Who among them is talking about healing? Its all about amplifying the minority hate groups to perpetuate the lie of racial division. We can show them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No, not capable. Why would the mob assume his car contained a Nazi sympathizer? There were two cars ahead of Alex. The two cars in front Alex did not panic by assuming they were going to be mobbed to death.

Good luck with your justifying murder case.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't care about that video. That video is 100% irrelevant to what went down on Saturday. So forget about it. You cannot prove or disprove this guy's guilt with those videos and you are just making yourself look like a nazi apologist by reaching like you are doing. If you were sincere about proving this guy's guilt, you'd get a real argument complete with evidence.

How is it irrelevant other than the beliefs of the driver? So are you claiming that rednecks don't fear for their lives?

Because it has nothing to do with what happened on Saturday.

What if the roles were reversed? So the driver is a BLM/Antifa protester and he gets caught in a mob of Nazi sympathizers? He decided, screw it, I am going to mow these guys down to get away. Does your opinion change?

First off. That isn't what happened. He gunned his car into a crowd of people and until you can prove otherwise I am NOT changing that story. Second off, if the roles were reserved, no. It still doesn't justify driving your car into a group of people. Read this carefully, HE KILLED SOMEONE.

I know having logical discussions for some of you is difficult. It hurts your brain.

Thanks for proving my point about why I put the disclaimers too...

Logic requires actual logic. Not red herring evidence that is irrelevant to the actual event that happened. I wouldn't have said that if you had presented an actual argument about why he was innocent instead of a bunch of schlock about feelings and two unrelated videos to gain emotional sympathy.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I know having logical discussions for some of you is difficult. It hurts your brain.

Funny, I posted what I think is a pretty reasonable response to your OP and stated what I think the biggest hurdle to a defense based on fear was.

Yet you choose to ignore that and engage everybody else and keep banging away at your "I just want a reasonable discussion!" drum.

Sure doesn't seem like it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

In this video it looks like no one was around him at the beginning. It appears he headed straight towards a group of people at high speeds, no horn, indiscriminately.

Yes, I saw that video. If you look at the first five seconds, you can clearly see someone throwing rocks or hitting his car too.

Did that justify it? Don't know. We can't really see what he sees from his vantage point.

Again, NOT defending this guy. Just trying to explore different angles here.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So instead of making a declaration, he is making a tabloid piece by asking a question he cannot prove or answer. That is SOOO much better.

I'm pretty sure that OP intended it as a discussion thread.
I don't see why you're not understanding that, or why it's bothering you so much.
edit on 14-8-2017 by essentialtremors because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Wow, that video is amazing! I do not think the video supports the defense's case for innocence.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

But this isn't a legitimate conversation. There is literally zero supporting evidence of his position. He just argues from his gut then posts two videos that aren't even from the crash on Saturday to gain sympathy for his gut feeling.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You people (OP) make me want to puke.

You think and feel like the driver is innocent because YOU do not understand the "why," as to this situation.

Here's a hint. He's a self-identifying Nazi scumbag. Don't think he put too much thought into his own reasonings, he did why Nazi's do:

Terrorize, and murder.

But by all means - continue to defend Nazism and its murderous cohorts.... using unrelated videos of other car-related incidents as "proof."

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

You may have failed to notice, but I am discussing the topic with the OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well i'm still waiting for evidence that he was a WS or a Nazi. Official sources are awfully quiet to confirm that Alex Fields was in fact a WS or a Nazi. I'm reading a lot of comments claiming that but they all have no answer for that question that is also backed up by official sources. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Wow, that video is amazing! I do not think the video supports the defense's case for innocence.

None of the videos support the crazy theory in the OP.

"Oh no, I'm in fear for my life by these protesters...better drive closer to the larger group of them instead of just leaving"

And if the OP says he couldn't leave...ummm....how did he get out after reversing going back the same way he came?

This isn't even a legitimate attempt at an argument for "innocence"...it's just another attempt to excuse the violence.

link   
a reply to: choomsuba

This thread is a great example of why this country is so divided. People are arguing in support of Alex Fields as being justified in his actions. If this is what it has come down to then I'm okay with breaking up the union. I will go live in California when it secedes. The people supporting Alex Fields can go live in Texas when it secedes.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Yes, I saw that video. If you look at the first five seconds, you can clearly see someone throwing rocks or hitting his car too.

Did that justify it? Don't know. We can't really see what he sees from his vantage point.

Again, NOT defending this guy. Just trying to explore different angles here.

I do not think you're defending him, unlike the unPrincipled folks polluting your thread. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully more footage will illuminate the facts.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

No, not capable. Why would the mob assume his car contained a Nazi sympathizer? There were two cars ahead of Alex. The two cars in front Alex did not panic by assuming they were going to be mobbed to death.

Good luck with your justifying murder case.

Maybe the white polo shirt he was wearing?

But the images we saw in Charlottesville today and yesterday convey an entirely different sort of threat. They draw their menace not from what is there—mostly, young white men in polos and T-shirts
Link

I could plainly see a white polo shirt in the images of the car that were made public. Here's one:

(open in new window to zoom in.)

And the woman in the car he rear-ended was black...so that would have been apparent to the crowd, as well.

ALSO....I am not ready to defend/convict anyone, I am still trying to make sense of things.

And, FTR, I also think the face I see in that car looks completely cold and unphased. He is just looking in his rearview mirror calmly while he floors it backward, IMO.

edit on 8/14/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

So anytime there's a protest you can drive as fast as you can into the crowd and claim you were being threatened as a defense.

edit on 14-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well for me I will wait on the full investigation to conclude ,it may be more than one person involved but that is speculation.The DOJ is looking into this as well as the FBI.Jeff sessions stated publicly that the guilty party /parties will be held accountable to the full extent of the law.
Now speculation on my part :it seems this could have been paid agitators at work,and if it was I hope they go after them as well.Soros what will you do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join