It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially denounces KKK, Neo-Nazis, racism, etc

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America,”

“Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,”

Source

I know certain segments of the population love yelling about how Trump endorses and encourages racism and violence despite the fact that he does the exact opposite, so I'd love to see how they spin this. I won't be surprised if the MSM doesn't touch this with a ten foot pole.
They keep asking for Trump to denounce racism, and he keeps on doing it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Everybody should be happy now right?

People have been screaming since Saturday.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
He needed to. Wonder why it took him so long to do it?

He calls out radical islamic terrorism all the time all most as soon as islamic terrorists commit their crimes, but why does he wait for a couple of days if it's a white American?

Just makes you wonder. Maybe because he's catering to Bannon?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The problem is that its taken him so long.

It was obvious that the far right white supremacists were to blame and he should have denounced them right away with out hesitation once that became clear and it was pretty darn clear as it was happening with all the racist chanting and so on.

Trump did not denounce sooner because he knows he was denouncing part of his base of support.

He is only denouncing now because the media have rightly flamed him for not condemning the actions of the far right on this.

too little too late I think.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

he's should have done it on day one when david duke said “We are determined to take our country back. We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump." period.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Today's remarks were great. Words of a true leader. Its a shame the Chancellor of Germany spoke on an American terrorist act first...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Better late than never.. I guess. I suspect though this is being said due to the big time backlash, one of his staff wrote an appropriate message for him to read.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I personally think it's pretty pathetic that people seem to need the potus to say this.

Does he need to come out and give a speech every time some yokels so something stupid, too?
Maybe he should make a speech out of the "do not try this at home" warning on the stunt movies next.

Shouldn't he be spending his time on more important things?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I personally think it's pretty pathetic that people seem to need the potus to say this.

Does he need to come out and give a speech every time some yokels so something stupid, too?
Maybe he should make a speech out of the "do not try this at home" warning on the stunt movies next.

Shouldn't he be spending his time on more important things?

Huh? Hes the leader of the country. Thats kinda the point. This was an act of terrorism at a free speech rally. Its EXACTLY the type of situation he needs to comment on.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I am glad to hear potus stepping up, or maybe being ''pushed up'' and making those remarks.
Now, when will potus address the Minnesota mosque bombing from over a week ago. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

So what if a left wing terrorist drove into a crowd of tea-party supporters when Obama was in power and he denounced it by saying both sides were to blame even though it was clearly obvious to everyone that it was the left wing nut jobs who were at fault.

I think you would be pretty pissed about that.

This is just another example of making excuses for Trump when he should be being challenged. Its important to challenge him because if his base of support don't hold him accountable he will just do whatever he wants and he will keep dong stuff like this.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Please remember he is a liar and fabricates the truth.

His words were probably written by someone else anyway, I believe nothing that comes out of his mouth!

link   

You don't understand what a leader is supposed to do.

link   

I don't care if he only did it because he was pressured into it.

It needed said. Because without those words, it was just another affirmation that the White House supports white nationalism and his lack of condemnation was dangerous.

I'm relieved he made this statement.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So what if a left wing terrorist drove into a crowd of tea-party supporters when Obama was in power and he denounced it by saying both sides were to blame even though it was clearly obvious to everyone that it was the left wing nut jobs who were at fault.

I condemn the left wing group and their shadow organization.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Do you condemn the actions of the racist, anti-semetic white supremacist groups at Charlottesville and the actions of James Fields driving into a crowd of people?

link   

I think you would be pretty pissed about that.

This is just another example of making excuses for Trump when he should be being challenged. Its important to challenge him because if his base of support don't hold him accountable he will just do whatever he wants and he will keep dong stuff like this.

First off, I have no problem criticizing Trump for taking too long. I disagree, butI respect that opinion.

Secondly, I thought his words today were spot on, as it seems most people on ATS even that don't like Trump agree about. I will be interested to see if some MSM people find something to hate about it though.

But on to your point.

We did have the reverse situation with Obama. After the racist shot those cops in Dallas, Obama went to the memorial and took the time to praise BLM.

Imagine the outrage had Trump done the same thing here.

But for some reason it was totally legitmate to many people for Obama to do that.

link   
a reply to: Tompdx3

Anyone who has listened to him talk know's they are not his words..still important for him to make the statement + most presidents have/use speech writers anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Do you condemn the actions of the racist, anti-semetic white supremacist groups at Charlottesville and the actions of James Fields driving into a crowd of people?

I do and I also condemn the Clintons and DNC for their conspiracy involvement in it..

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

So now that he condemned it, every is great now. Let the healing begin! Rick Sanchez would have something to say about this I'm sure. He should have said something similar to this once it occurred , rather than pointing out the violence on both sides.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join