It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially denounces KKK, Neo-Nazis, racism, etc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Everybody should be happy now right?

People have been screaming since Saturday.

Its not like he did it right away. He kept hearing it and finally had to, just to shut people up. In the mean time he winks at trump Jr.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: UKTruth

Maybe it should be about the group of white supremacists with torches surrounding a group of people at night in the middle of emancipation square?

It is more than just Nazi's , youre right

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Yes, it should be about all of those scum, and the scum that once again brought violence to the streets.
Name them all and condemn them all - until that is done on both sides of the divide, things will not change.
edit on 14/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Bout time - imagine the sh!tstorm had he not denounced it in yet another opportunity. Doesn't detract from his deafness to it in his original statement.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Or maybe if the leader of the free world would have said something that night, we wouldnt have had saturday? I dont know...

I would say that video shows who was doing what Friday night. Which brought Saturday and the violence

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Why would I be happy?

It doesn't change anything about his initial reaction. Just because he was convinced by someone to come out and read a prepared statement off a teleprompter doesn't change the sentiment of what he said when using his own words.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Or maybe if the leader of the free world would have said something that night, we wouldnt have had saturday? I dont know...

I would say that video shows who was doing what Friday night. Which brought Saturday and the violence

Those that committed violence Friday are responsible for the violence.

Those that did so Saturday are also responsible, not Trump for not saying something.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Im not saying its on him. Simply, words from our leader sometimes can cause cooler heads to prevail. Nothing more or less.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is the 2nd thing I really disapprove of that Trump has done.
His FIRST statement was exactly correct, but he has shown weakness today by pandering to those who want to blame one side for the violence - the same people who seem to have been happy to ignore violence for years from hate groups like BLM and Antifa.

hmmmm interesting that you forget to mention other groups like the KKK, BARE, American Nazi Party and so on.

As opposed to the former POTUS, who would immediately jump to conclusions for political purposes, Trump's original remarks were measured...deploring the violence and hatred coming from all sides...because it was still early hours in the investigation as to what actually happened.

There was (and still is) speculation that the Antifa, BLM (and other) protesters that were there had started the fighting...early on, some people thought that the driver was trying to get away from people who were beating on his car, and he lost control, there was confusion because the deceased was a Caucasian woman...

In other words, at the time the first statement was made, it was not completely clear who were the perpetrators and who were the victims...so Trump said he was unhappy with the violence "from all sides".

Now that the picture is a little clearer, the White house has specifically called out the White Supremacist factions at the incident. Seems pretty logical to me.

And, by the way, Trump has previously said that he denounces the KKK and other bigoted organizations - so why would he need to keep saying it whenever one of these groups do something off the rails? Why don't the Democrats have to publicly "deplore" Antifa and the other alt-left loons whenever they shut down somebody's First Amendment rights (as they very frequently do)?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Im not saying its on him. Simply, words from our leader sometimes can cause cooler heads to prevail. Nothing more or less.

Yeah I agree. But I would rather have him wait a couple of days and say the right thing, than to make an immediate reaction and stick with it that may not be based in fact.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Its not like he did it right away. He kept hearing it and finally had to, just to shut people up. In the mean time he winks at trump Jr.

It's never just quite good enough is it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The problem is that its taken him so long.

It was obvious that the far right white supremacists were to blame and he should have denounced them right away with out hesitation once that became clear and it was pretty darn clear as it was happening with all the racist chanting and so on.

Trump did not denounce sooner because he knows he was denouncing part of his base of support.

He is only denouncing now because the media have rightly flamed him for not condemning the actions of the far right on this.

too little too late I think.

No worries. He'll backtrack on it. Give some "signal" to these racist s**t heads that he is actually supporting them. A wink and a nod are coming. Count on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If that were the consistent tone from him... Agree whole heartedly. But lets count how many times he threw a statement out right away? Quite a few. So he kinda picks and chooses on that one. Id prefer consistency across the board. Knowing each situation is different, but still... I dont think the delay here was trying to get the facts straight.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Now it's not that he didn't do it, it's that he took too long. Watch the goalposts widen.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I personally wish everyone would stop expecting the president to make a frakking statement on every single incident that happens in the U.S. I would think he has better things to do than waste time commenting on a incident that so many people have thoughts on already. Hell even an audio recording of his response is good enough for me. I wouldn't care if he didn't at all. I would think he would be far too busy managing other things. Also sick of the god damn media nit picking every thing he says too and demanding more from him.

I wouldn't even be mad if he told them, you get the only statement I released and that's it. Give it a rest, if you don't like what he said.. Piss off and stay mad because no one cares about how you feel.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I find it strange how selective people have become. It's like there's this massive number of people who do not care about anything... anything, not lives, not the country, not peace, not even their own well-being... as long as they can find a dig at the President.

I watched the original speech on Charlottesville. I saw it, and I heard it, with my own ears. I heard Donald J. Trump say clearly that he condemned "in the strongest possible terms" any violence from any side. I heard him clearly state that the violence has been growing since before Obama and it had to end.

And then I clearly heard pundits saying he said it was OK for Nazis and the KKK to commit violence.

I watched and listened as press releases condemning the actions in Charlottesville were released from the White House through official channels, using official spokespeople. Then I heard the pundits crying that Trump should have been the one to do what he had already done: condemn the violence.

I watched today and listened as Donald J. Trump again condemned the violence, adding that the DoJ was on the case and would fully prosecute any antagonists. I heard him again condemn all violence, then I heard him include by name those who the media thinks he should have named by name the first time.

Now it's "too little, too late?"

I watched the videos of the fighting. I swear I saw people fighting each other, not just people beating on peaceful demonstrators. The last time I looked, it took two people to make a fight. One person fighting was a mugging. What I saw was a fight.

It seems to me that some people want Donald Trump to use this chaotic mess to attack their political enemies, but to also be careful not to include their friends. This despite both being involved. Sorry, but reality doesn't work that way. As soon as I heard about the car attack, I said, "The driver better hope there's a damn good reason for that!" As soon as I heard he was driving at a high rate of speed, crashed into two other vehicles, then left at a high rate of speed in reverse, ignoring bystanders, I said, "This guy needs to fry." All that was before I knew if he was KKK, BLM, or CIA. Who he was associated with did not matter to me and still doesn't. He killed a woman with malice, and injured many more. That's all that matters.

And that's what Trump said. He didn't call out any one group or one person, other than the one(s) who committed a crime. Today he did call them by name, but didn't exclude any others. His targets "included" those groups, but were not limited to them.

Now I'm no fan of the KKK. They're backwards, racist fools who can't justify their own existence with anything worthwhile. I'm no fan of BLM. They're as racist as the KKK and have nothing but hate in their hearts. If "antifa" is those fools who trashed Berkeley, I'm no fan of them either. They're self-important short-sighted racist idiots who should never be allowed within a half mile of a University for the protection of academia.

In short, I'm no fan of anyone who judges another solely by the color of skin. Period. Black, white, green, purple, orange with yellow polka-dots, is irrelevant. ALL groups who promote hatred toward another group because of something as silly as a birth condition are simply fools who need to be punished severely for any crimes they commit.

Those who condemn Trump because he didn't exclude their favorite hate group are a hate group.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Our president just said Racism is evil and there are still some of you complaining? He called out he KKK, the Neo-Nazis and White Supremacy. If he would have said BLM also I am sure many of you would still be complaining.

I can see it now. The left and the haters saying "who are the all other than the KKK, Neo-Nazis and White Sumpremacist?" See he is still racist....

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
I personally wish everyone would stop expecting the president to make a frakking statement on every single incident that happens in the U.S. I would think he has better things to do than waste time commenting on a incident that so many people have thoughts on already. Hell even an audio recording of his response is good enough for me. I wouldn't care if he didn't at all. I would think he would be far too busy managing other things. Also sick of the god damn media nit picking every thing he says too and demanding more from him.

I wouldn't even be mad if he told them, you get the only statement I released and that's it. Give it a rest, if you don't like what he said.. Piss off and stay mad because no one cares about how you feel.

Yes.. he should have been farrrr too busy during his 17 day vacation at his golf club to comment on domestic terrorism in the country he leads..

Like- what?
edit on 14-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

Yes.. he should have been farrrr too busy during his 17 day vacation at his golf club to comment on domestic terrorism in the country he leads..

Like- what?

He shouldn't be expected to do it. Should be satisified if he chooses to do so or not. If he does, be happy you got a statement at all. Just because the media reports on it does not warrant a response from the top of the nation.
edit on 14-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Very well put.

I had no problem with his initial statement either.

Somehow condemning all violence is a code for supporting white supremacy for the trump haters.

I guess I would ask those people, are they condoning violence from one side if its wrong to condemn it all?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join