It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially denounces KKK, Neo-Nazis, racism, etc

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

His words are chosen carefully.. Are they not?

Debated back and forth- different phrases here and there- 'what do we think'.. 'Crosss that out, put this in'

The result was not calling them out at all on Saturday by name. Thats what people are dissecting. They wanted him to do what Reagan did ( you know what used to be the idol of the right)

Those of us in public life can only resent the use of our names by those who seek political recognition for the repugnant doctrines of hate they espouse. ''The politics of racial hatred and religious bigotry practiced by the Klan and others have no place in this country, and are destructive of the values for which America has always stood.''

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: lordcomac
I personally think it's pretty pathetic that people seem to need the potus to say this.

Does he need to come out and give a speech every time some yokels so something stupid, too?
Maybe he should make a speech out of the "do not try this at home" warning on the stunt movies next.

Shouldn't he be spending his time on more important things?

Huh? Hes the leader of the country. Thats kinda the point. This was an act of terrorism at a free speech rally. Its EXACTLY the type of situation he needs to comment on.

It wasn't an act of terrorism you nitwit.

Keep trying to make that the narrative, though.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

The thing is Trump has a history of commenting on every little thing. Even today he had time to jump on Twitter and take a dig at Ken Frazier from after he resigned from the American Manufacturing Council. But he doesn't have time to comment on an American citizen being killed by a neo-Nazi in a terror attack?

Funny how anytime there is a Muslim terror attack in the world he's ready and raring to make an, "I was right," comment. But now that the terrorist is a white guy from a demographic that was quite vocal in their support of Trump suddenly he's too busy to make a specific comment? Do you not see how people could perceive that in a negative light?

Hell, his first statement was so non-committal that the neo-Nazis and KKK considered it a victory on their part. And while it's great that he has now singled those groups out in a statement he is still skirting the entirety of the issue. I have yet to see him even acknowledge the fact that a domestic terror attack was committed on Saturday leading to the loss of American life. For a man that has a long history of having no filter that seems kind of telling.

And that's why so many are saying that this statement is too little too late.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

I personally think it's pretty pathetic that people seem to need the potus to say this.

Does he need to come out and give a speech every time some yokels so something stupid, too?
Maybe he should make a speech out of the "do not try this at home" warning on the stunt movies next.

Huh? Hes the leader of the country. Thats kinda the point. This was an act of terrorism at a free speech rally. Its EXACTLY the type of situation he needs to comment on.

A man... drove a car.... at people.... for political reasons........

If this person was muslim, would you say its terrorism?

Domestic terrorism. Plain and simple. Sad you cant see that. Oh and once again.. another name caller.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Bad precedent set today. Now President Trump will need to address the nation after every hate murder. Three times a day just to keep Chicago happy.

When is North Korea gonna attack? We need to refocus on more important issues.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Tell that to the DOJ. Sessions came out and stated that the attack on Saturday fits their definition of terrorism.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

His words are chosen carefully.. Are they not?

Debated back and forth- different phrases here and there- 'what do we think'.. 'Crosss that out, put this in'

The result was not calling them out at all on Saturday by name. Thats what people are dissecting. They wanted him to do what Reagan did ( you know what used to be the idol of the right)

Those of us in public life can only resent the use of our names by those who seek political recognition for the repugnant doctrines of hate they espouse. ''The politics of racial hatred and religious bigotry practiced by the Klan and others have no place in this country, and are destructive of the values for which America has always stood.''

But that is ridiculous.

No one, not even us here on ATS, were certain of exactly who was responsible for the death on Saturday.

He condemned all violence.

The outrage over naming names is so hypocritical its ridiculous. Only when its trump do names need to be named.

The same groups demanding this won't call BLM or antifa out for their violence. Its all just virtue signalling in an attempt to control the narrative.

They can't have a honest conversation about left wing violence, so they need to shame everyone into calling out right wing extremism while they themselves won't breath a word about left wing violence.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Domestic terrorism. Plain and simple. Sad you cant see that. Oh and once again.. another name caller.

A man was trying to leave a peaceful rally, but was forced through the people trying to attack him for his beliefs. When he got frightened enough to fear for his own safety above those around him, he floored it.

He was scared.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
He should indeed denounce the mindsets of the KKK, neo-Nazi... along with BLM, Panthers...also the Jihadists...and any-&-all groups (including the Obama-istas in Action) that single out Police/Authority/Whites/Jews/ Blacks/Bankers/Gypsies/Kurds/Catholics-&-Non Muslims for mistreatment or physical-emotional harm or injury...

violence should end in violence in the form of an 'Escape from Gulag/Exile... a Quarantined region on Earth for the housing of criminals convicted of denial-of-human-rights to any innocent living anywhere
edit on th31150273551814312017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A man was trying to leave a peaceful rally, but was forced through the people trying to attack him for his beliefs. When he got frightened enough to fear for his own safety above those around him, he floored it.

He was scared.

Whats scary is the amount of folks on this site and /pol who are still trying to defend this killer.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

And dont forget the anti american liberal MSM. Hate groups masquerading as news outlets.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Anti american? Stop doing the confirmation bias thing. I know people in the MSM, they are most definitely NOT anti american. Some of the proudest patriots I have ever met. There are bad apples, as with every sect in society.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Today's remarks were great. Words of a true leader. Its a shame the Chancellor of Germany spoke on an American terrorist act first...

Lol at thinking those are his words, and that he even wanted to say them. He said the words he wanted to say the other day. This is the political savvy response he should have given, provided to him by those who probably explained as one might to a child, that he can't do what he did.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Everybody should be happy now right?

People have been screaming since Saturday.

Aren't you?

Yep I'm happy. It's as simple as that...condemn hate groups no matter which side of the political spectrum upon which they lie.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

He was scared.

Whats scary is the amount of folks on this site and /pol who are still trying to defend this killer.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED?
edit on 14-8-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The whole time I was reading this thread, I was thinking exactly the same thing. Hell, I been lurking for atleast 10 years on this site, never had the urge to become a member. Till I read your response to this. I have been debating not coming to this site anymore over last few months. It just seems to me 3-4 people posting as many threads as they possibly can, just to hate.

Thank you for changing my mind in leaving. In real life, I dont see this hatred towards Trump. Actually I dont see this much hatred towards anything. Im not ignoring it either, but I am going to start to on here. I will respect our president, even if I didnt like them. If not, I know I can leave anytime I want. As good as we get it in this country compared to others, I just do not understand. I feel most people will ignore your post because of your name though.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: St Udio

And dont forget the anti american liberal MSM. Hate groups masquerading as news outlets.

I think the term 'Journalists & Reporters' has been laid to rest... the MSM mouthpieces are both Saboteurs or Anarchists widely recognized by the public for years now

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This is what Trumps original comments were that everyone has a problem with.

"We're closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia," Mr. Trump said. "We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides."

In his remarks, the president failed to mention the displays of white nationalism or Nazi symbols present in Charlottesville Saturday.

"It's been going on for a long time in our country," Mr. Trump said of the hatred and bigotry in Charlottesville. "Not Donald Trump. Not Barack Obama. It's been going on for a long, long time."

www.cbsnews.com...

I can't believe the outrage from people thinking this statement is so egregious.

Think if the situation had been reversed.

If a white nationalists was ran over by Antifa or BLM, and trump said he condemned violence from all sides, would the same people denouncing Trump be saying.

"NO Trump, you should have only condemned BLM and antifa. How dare you smear those white nationalists, they were the victims!"

Of course they wouldn't because they had no problem with Obama praising BLM and the Dallas officers memorial.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Wow. I spent 20 minutes writing a post to your assertion in the other thread about Obama inviting members of a "hate group" to the White House and the thread got trash binned for some reason? That's a little frustrating.

How many of these propaganda memes are you going to repeat in this "but but but Obama" campaign? First off, "but but but" arguments are weak. They were weak when they were "but but but Bush!" and they're equally weak in defense of Trump.

Secondly, you're saying things that I don't think you can successfully argue. This meme of "BLM is a hate group" is bogus. Millions of people have shown support for BLM in thousands of rallies and protests. Anyone can do it. More importantly, it's easy to point a finger at "BLM the hate group" because the signs, banners, t-shirts are everywhere.

Here's what's important.

Do you have any evidence of the founders of BLM, the national organizers or chartered chapters of BLM promoting, advocating, supporting, deliberately inciting or knowingly facilitating riots or riotous behavior or the murder of police?

The "what do we want? dead cops" chant was shown to *not* be BLM (but rather a group calling itself TMOC) — what else you got? Let me pretend to read your mind. "Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon?" A couple dozen people behind a black lives matter banner in Minnesota chanting that phrase has gotten massive play in right-wing media and rhetoric.

By your standards, the Trump campaign is a hate group. Should we start talking about all the dumb s# people in MAGA hats have said? All the poor behavior of people in Trump shirts? What should matter is what the Trump campaign actually advocates for and what Trump actually promotes himself — right?

You want to know something interesting? Daily Caller was the right-wing MSM outlet that first published that "pigs in a blanket" video from MN. Like every other right-wing media outlet, they have engaged wholeheartedly in a campaign of smear, conflation and in some instances, false accusation. That's how DC and the right-wing media treats BLM.

Meanwhile, Daily Caller has had the organizer of this neo-Nazi fest writing for them. He wrote three articles for DC that were published in the last six months. DC has removed his articles sometime in the last 48-hours to hide their involvement but they not only gave this asshole a platform, they paid him to "report" on such things as the May rally/protest at the same Robert E Lee monument. They love that white nationalist edge.

Now to your specific claims. From the last thread it was the bit about Obama inviting BLM activists to the WH. You're referring to DeRay McKesson, who isn't a founder of BLM and AFAIK, isn't an organizer for any chartered chapter of BLM. His group is Campaign Zero. Check out their website here. You'll notice that nowhere under "solutions" is there "fry pigs in a blanket."

In fact, do you have any evidence of DeRay McKesson advocating for, endorsing, promoting, etc the murder of police or rioting?

In this thread, it's "Obama went to the memorial and took the time to praise BLM." Did he though? Is that what he did? This seems to be a mutated meme that started out with stories like this from Washington Times:

Obama defends Black Lives Matter protests at police memorial in Dallas

Here's his "defense" of the BLM (from the article):

“As a society, we choose to underinvest in decent schools,” Mr. Obama said. “We allow poverty to fester so that entire neighborhoods offer no prospect for gainful employment.”

The president went on, “And then we tell the police, ‘You’re the social worker, you’re the parent, you’re the teacher, you’re the drug counselor.’ We tell them to keep those neighborhoods in check at all costs, and do so without causing any political blowback or inconvenience. Don’t make a mistake that might disturb our own peace of mind. And then we feign surprise when periodically … the tensions boil over.”

Addressing Black Lives Matter activists, Mr. Obama said, “Protesters, you know it — you know how dangerous some of these communities where these police officers serve are. And then you pretend as if there’s no context.”

Incendiary for sure! (not really) Perhaps you could point out where he "praised" BLM in his address because WT couldn't even back up their headline.

Maybe you can or maybe, these are just memes that are repeated ad nauseam until people take for granted that they're true.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

As I mentioned above, the DOJ came out and said this was a terror attack. I'm going to trust their assessment of the situation over the fantasies that get concocted over at /pol/.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join