It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 WMD-Why you MAD

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How threatening to China would a US strike be? I don't have a source handy, but IRRC they were preparing to keep out any refugees that may result from escalations.

That brings up a whole other point, which I made a thread on, of China's role. Admittedly, I don't know their motivations but having the US expend lots of money plays into their interests. I don't think they can lose.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

IMO what would ideally happen is for Lil' Kim to accidentally finally go too far with China or Russia.

There are two possibilities for both to be on board with sanctions which they usually block when proposed by the US.

1. They're finally getting nervous for some reason.

2. They think this might finally squeeze Lil' Kim into doing something really stupid, but they think they have him aimed right.

I think the very last thing we do is continue to appease Lil' Kim like we have in the past. Let him fire off his toys, but be prepared to shoot them down if we have to. Hopefully, if he makes the grand mistake of firing off an actual nuke, we drop it into the water and recover enough evidence to show what was intended.

Then we see what happens.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It seems to me that the US should take China's approach. Hold the border and watch. Given the evidence so far, despite the media rhetoric, we are still quite away from their capabilities. SK, Japan and China however are not.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm really curious lol..... why a 'Pool' hasn't been suggested, betting on the start day of a US and North Korea official war declaration.

Every time I come to my PC and opening page, I wonder ahead of time if I won't find that the war has started while I slept.

"2017 WMD-Why you MAD" thing is.... we know the missiles are real, pointed at us and SK and at a moments notice able to be launched.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I'm really curious lol..... why a 'Pool' hasn't been suggested, betting on the start day of a US and North Korea official war declaration.

Every time I come to my PC and opening page, I wonder ahead of time if I won't find that the war has started while I slept.

"2017 WMD-Why you MAD" thing is.... we know the missiles are real, pointed at us and SK and at a moments notice able to be launched.

That's the thing for me. We know he has the rockets, but nuclear or not is still up for debate. How long can we sit back? Sure, we could intercept if he is stupid enough to fire, but that is not 100% we could bring it down. That is rolling the dice with a lot of lives.

No easy answers here....

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
All I know if that their official news is somewhat wacky. I assume the translation for the following video went askew at some point. Otherwise, they have some 'splaining to do for their viewers.

NORTH KOREA TODAY (DPRK NEWS CHANNEL)
They do not update very often their youtube channel though.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Pardon my jingoism. The US has bigger explosions than that for weekend BBQ's!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
One thing I do take away from that video however, is the similarity between us in how they turn war into entertainment. They had flashy lights, fireworks, and stage musicians for a televised event of their capabilities. We turn ours into blockbuster movies and video games.

And yet, they are both being spun into entertainment. If they share that with us, is it possible the may in fact share the desire for pre-emptive attacks??

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The narrative from my perspective is this. They would if they could, we will if they don't stop. From the quote in the OP, it sounds very defensive. However their actions are seen as aggressive. Are they trying to play victim while launching missiles around Japan? OR, are we not getting the true, full story?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I found this interesting. Perfect target for a perfect defense rate.

While it is true that North Korea’s missile technology has significantly improved in recent months, the North’s Hwasong-12 intermediate-range ballistic missile, the weapon it would use to strike Guam, has only been tested successfully one time, indicating that it is likely not ready for combat operations. The U.S. also has several missile defense systems operational in the area, including the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) anti-missile system, which has a perfect test performance record.

Can you make this stuff up? Maybe I need some sleep but this is all like putting together an upside down puzzle. Underneath a perfect picture.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The narrative from my perspective is this. They would if they could, we will if they don't stop. From the quote in the OP, it sounds very defensive. However their actions are seen as aggressive. Are they trying to play victim while launching missiles around Japan? OR, are we not getting the true, full story?

The full story
good luck with that.

Be sure of one thing though , as far as China is concerned Korea belongs to them in the big scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The next time Kim launches one of those rockets that fly for 45 minutes, we shoot it down, and declare that it was a rocket with a REAL warhead attacked.

Then, send a cruise missile to Kim's location.

The world will applaud the U.S.'s action, and (hopefully) millions of lives will be spared.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I really think that the NK deal is some kind of diversion,I'm thinking China must of found major oil reserves in the area they are building man made islands,I'm thinking any intel from there is mostly BS hype

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I really think that the NK deal is some kind of diversion,I'm thinking China must of found major oil reserves in the area they are building man made islands,I'm thinking any intel from there is mostly BS hype

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well if KJI was as crazy as dangerous as reported and had the means, he would have already launched.

Everyday that new information is doled to the plebes, its designation is noted. This is a narrative.
edit on 9-8-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join