It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 WMD-Why you MAD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So many flags being raised over the latest NK news hitting US and especially ATS. The reason I came here is because I wanted to see what people who question the narrative thought. I ask that here, in this thread you question the narrative. Mainly being based in history (WMD's) and the twinges of factual information coming out of a media which we ALL at some point have had a turn to point and laugh at the mockery they have made of the 1st amendment as it relates to freedom of press.

Earlier on Tuesday, Japan's defence ministry said it was conceivable that Pyongyang "has already achieved the miniaturisation of nuclear weapons".

The source indicates it's reasoning based on what I would correlate to an educated guess. However, the same article just previous says:

The paper quotes the assessment as saying: "The IC (intelligence community) assesses North Korea has produced nuclear weapons for ballistic missile delivery, to include delivery by ICBM-class missiles."

This is rhetoric. Not to mention one more tiny tidbit:

The paper says the claim about the miniaturised weapon is contained in a confidential assessment by America's Defence Intelligence Agency.

Classified. Looks like that source will remain unknown, and for all kinds of reasons.

There are plenty more out there and they read in a similar fashion. Where is the message coming straight from NK? My tinfoil is at it's thickest limit here and nothing coming from the MSM is passing the smell test.

M.A.D. is all but certain. It's written into the fabric of the worlds nuclear program. If KJI is as crazed as every outlet has proclaimed, you could rest assured there is a contingency dead-man switch somewhere to launch whatever it is that he has. Stock market is up, conflict is imminent and once again, the media and government is leading us into war without all of the evidence. I urge anyone to post valid information coming out of NK that correlates with the narrative coming out of western media.

ETA: I found a direct quote.

“Packs of wolves are coming in attack to strangle a nation,” the North Korean statement said. “They should be mindful that the D.P.R.K.’s strategic steps accompanied by physical action will be taken mercilessly with the mobilization of all its national strength.”

NYT Source
edit on 8-8-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

We should really listen to South Korea.

They're the ones that are in the hot seat right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

This is what bothers me about NK is that we have the least amount of intelligence on them and probably hard to trust what we have.

Also that there is no doubt China and Russia have much better intelligence on them but little for a ally I am sure.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Judging by Lil' Kims' past behavior, he'll launch whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

The big question is whether or not he tips it with a warhead. How long do you take that risk? Do you assume that he just never would dare? We are talking about the guy who sent femme fatale assassins to murder his half-brother and who feeds people to dogs as a type of assassination inside his own country.

I could care less about anything that happens inside N. Korea if Lil' Kim was like Chavez and was content to make all kinds of propaganda videos and speeches at the UN talking about being able to smell sulfur after Trump leaves the room or something, but Lil' Kim is in the habit of firing off random ICBMs.

So we're in a dangerous game of chicken. Do you dare call his bluff and hope he isn't holding a pair of nuclear aces?

I'd say it says something that both China and Russia voted for the sanctions at the UN.
edit on 8-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I do think a lot of the media is hyperbolic about their claims.

But it has been said for years that NK has nuclear weapons.

NK knows that the world thinks this. This isn't like Iraq, where Saddam was denying having WMD's. NK is blustering and launching more test missiles as the world accuses them of developing more sophisticated weapons.

Now does this mean I believe all of the media reports; absolutely not.

But we don't even have NK allies or the US rivals such as Russia or China saying they do not have weapons. These countries are calling for both the US and NK to settle down, but they haven't flat out accused the US of making up claims about NK nuclear technology.

Now juxtapose this with Assads supposed chemical attack. Russia claims the US is wrong and it was the rebels who used those weapons.

So I think that you skepticism is good and warranted, but something about this situation feels different to me, even if it is being slightly exaggerated.

edit on 8-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What are our(U.S) capabilities when it comes to shooting down a rocket?Can we detect if it's nuclear at launch?Can we shoot it down at launch?If not,when?We need to be very careful from here on in.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They are arming and urging their government to take a more aggressive stance. Very true, they would be among the first casualties.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
What are our(U.S) capabilities when it comes to shooting down a rocket?Can we detect if it's nuclear at launch?Can we shoot it down at launch?If not,when?We need to be very careful from here on in.

We've been tasting out missile defenses, and I think we're at a success rate of 2 out of 3 in recent tests? But I don't think they can tell if the missile is tipped or not, but it's not like they'd let the general public know nearly all of what they can do.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Speaking of Russia ..Gambler... It had occurred to me we are at odds with Russia temporarily until after the final outcome. Russia has to border China and live with them. By being negative or neutral, they can weather out the storm, and afterwards chum up with America again, and commerce would again move forward.....

Oh well, after all this is ATS, all things conspiracy...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We should really listen to South Korea.

They're the ones that are in the hot seat right now.

How far do we listen to them?

If North Korea does what they're threatening and nukes Guam (heaven only knows why they would), any retaliation on our part will bring action from North Korea against Seoul, pretty much instantly.

How excited do you think South Korea is going to be to see that?

What do you think they say?

Would you ignore a nuke fired off on Guam because South Korea cries uncle?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You'll find no hopes for diplomacy from me out of KJI. I question our own media in the narrative they are placing and it spans political fence lines. That alone should say something. Given the everything that has happened over the past year, how can we even remotely trust what they are reporting? The implications here are actual lives and generations of fallout (pun..possibly). We saw this line of rhetoric with Iraq. We got Saddam, yes, so maybe it worked.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If they are as big of a threat as is being reported, why the trepidation from China to act? I realize they are doing..something. Mainly urging the US to do something along the lines of sanctions that we have seen.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You'll find no hopes for diplomacy from me out of KJI. I question our own media in the narrative they are placing and it spans political fence lines. That alone should say something. Given the everything that has happened over the past year, how can we even remotely trust what they are reporting? The implications here are actual lives and generations of fallout (pun..possibly). We saw this line of rhetoric with Iraq. We got Saddam, yes, so maybe it worked.

I'm taking some of this from a source you don't hear in the wider mass press. Granted, it was still technically a press source, but not a mass media press source.

I am not in favor of pre-emption, but neither am I in favor of simply waiting until someplace gets nuked either because at the rate we are going, that's where it will end unless Lil' Kim falls over dead.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Speaking of Russia ..Gambler... It had occurred to me we are at odds with Russia temporarily until after the final outcome. Russia has to border China and live with them. By being negative or neutral, they can weather out the storm, and afterwards chum up with America again, and commerce would again move forward.....

Oh well, after all this is ATS, all things conspiracy...

This is really where it is dangerous in my mind.

How do we know that both Russia and China arent biding their time waiting for the U. S to be in a weakened state to pounce.

For all we know attacking Korea maybe their aim in all this and we are being played like fools.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I wouldn't ignore a nuked Guam.

But I am so god-damned sick of war.

“It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.”
-William T. sherman

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We're all sick of it.

Maybe Lil' Kim will have an aneurysm.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm taking some of this from a source you don't hear in the wider mass press. Granted, it was still technically a press source, but not a mass media press source.

I am not in favor of pre-emption, but neither am I in favor of simply waiting until someplace gets nuked either because at the rate we are going, that's where it will end unless Lil' Kim falls over dead.

So no preemptive action, and not waiting? What does that leave us with? This is certainly a tough situation.....with many many lives at stake
edit on pm88201717America/Chicago08p07pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If they are as big of a threat as is being reported, why the trepidation from China to act? I realize they are doing..something. Mainly urging the US to do something along the lines of sanctions that we have seen.

Well I suppose that would be because they are not a threat to China.

As long as China doesn't feel threatened, they probably don't mind NK harassing the US.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Brilliant as ever Kets! Exactly my point. It's an impossible situation. The only two options that are presented, which is the lesser evil?

As much as our minds our tuned to black and white, something of this magnitude, with so many moving parts, has other options. Now I'm not proclaiming to know any solid answers myself but there are alternatives. The media is lining up the same story and the stock market is up. Whether we want it or not, my gut says war is coming and it may not be entirely justified.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Because China is hoping to come out of WWIII the way the USSR came out of WWII, owning control over every independent Asian state they've ever claimed they should be in charge of. Same for Russia, who likely views any WWIII as a shot at rebuilding the Soviet Bloc empire. Neither country will involve themselves unless or until attacked, and at that point they will focus on their borders, then the neighbors they want to claim... all with a Bretton Woods type deal in mind. I also suspect that China is hoping to come out of that with a honey deal similar to what the US got out of Bretton Woods, involving the Yuan.

<<   2 >>

join