It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the people change that much or is it just an algorithm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: intrptr

I think that too. I took my fiance out for dinner last week and spent £90. I don't regret it one iota but why is the cost of living so high? I work hard but £90 is a fair few hours of work for one evening of pleasure.

Ah there is the answer clever, clever! And I have figured out why your friends may think Trump is Satan...paying £90 is too much for any meal...LOL

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I remember my parents saying how much they hated the music ,and clothing fashion, of their kids generation.....and how the next generation was going to hell and a hand basket. Well...now I say that about my kids generation !

My Dad blamed it on the Beatles.

Ha! My dad blamed it on The Beastie Boys...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

It's a lot of things, the swaying of thought via media outlets online and off. People nowadays are so programmed to think a certain way they don't understand what it is to be a leader anymore, but only part of the herd, and what you mentioned about people being afraid to speak what they feel openly, that's also true especially for those who find attention from those around them more important than esoteric knowledge.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Google has been filtering out real left wing (not centrist or centre right, like the Democrats for example) sources and media groups from search results since at least last month, if not before. Look it up.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well , you may be right but if it only were on the political level it wasn't that big of a deal. Google is now an tool to control the population and control everything deep state wants...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

so YT ... is not the people but the people and a lot of bots I guess. If bots start to control the internet , internet is not my place , not a honest place because a place controlled by A.I's and algorithms without honesty.
Peace to you to.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Esoteric knowledge is ridiculed in the way that the 'wrong' clips end up in the resultpages. However it's still posible to dig deeper. There are very good yt'ers with more comments than views (!) that still take the development of esoteric knowledge serious. However the last months it seem like many of them leave YT and start their own website... cut out the middleman so to speak. Really sad to know that Google has decided to become a 'policeagent'. I'm afraid the golden years of the internet and freedom of speech are over if nothing changes.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Today people prefer to be told what to think instead of thinking for themselves.

Try it...challenge anyone on anything they say. People who can speak to the logic behind their beliefs are very, very few and far between.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Your father may have been on to something. Maybe if we had paid more attention to your dad we wouldn't have our children listening to crap like that from Little Wayne or Sophie Elise.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

It wasn't the meal that cost £90. The meal itself was £25. It was the drinks, the bus fares etc that made it cost so much.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The people I'm referring to aren't liberals, they're just young people brainwashed by liberal media.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Agreed integer pointer
, i've been round the block several times. So many snooze buttons out there ,with algorithms just as the latest tool to create sleepers. Sometime the masses awake but then there is always a system to 'correct' that. I've seen several 'movements' but eventually people become even more suppressed . All the conspiracies on ATS and what do we really know ? Isn't it an endless tug of war. Half of the people still living in the 'matrix' (meant metaphorical in this context) and the other half knowing that there is a world outside the Matrix (meant literal).

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Agreed integer pointer...

Hadn't heard that one before.

All the conspiracies on ATS and what do we really know ? Isn't it an endless tug of war. Half of the people still living in the 'matrix' (meant metaphorical in this context) and the other half knowing that there is a world outside the Matrix (meant literal).

I had what I think I know confirmed by others right here on ATS. I used to think I was the only one that knew the difference. Most people can't admit what they really think, live, face to face. The anonymity of the internet gives a certain freedom to those that would otherwise reman quiet.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I think it's safe say that humanity is an algorithm that changes depending what area of the world you live in. Trends are a more layman's way of describing it, it's always been like this.

huh no ?! Humanity is not an algorithm , and indeed there is a change.

btw your response has just failed the Turing test ? A.I ? Siri bengbeng ?
[ this is a joke ]

Greetings

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The people I'm referring to aren't liberals, they're just young people brainwashed by liberal media.

I guess you missed my sarcasm and noting you're British so you really can only view the President as an outsider. I do however happen to agree with you, if you are going to call that moron a Satan have some reasons, like all his underhanded business deals, the fact he colluded with Russia and no one thinks this is a problem or should be investigated, rails on foreigners and immigration yet married basically a Russian...He is a reality gag and nothing but pomp an bravado, worthless other than he has made himself and his family a product which sadly Americans bought!

I respect the office of Presidency not the man.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You jealous about his wife bro?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join