It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the people change that much or is it just an algorithm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Did the people change that much or is it just an algorithm ?

Google and other socialmedia is manipulating the heck out of you. Are people really accepting the current situation accepting that sweet bliss of ignorance. Or is everything manipulated by Google and co. Or is It perhaps selfsensorship , people being afraid to loose their friends / likes or whatever ?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I think it's safe say that humanity is an algorithm that changes depending what area of the world you live in. Trends are a more layman's way of describing it, it's always been like this.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Apologies, I posted before reading all of your post. The usage of algorithms online is definitely designed to manipulate people. I meet countless people that think Donald Trump is Satan incarnate.

I wonder who told them to think that? I ask them why and the response is usually a blank stare. They honestly have no idea other than that the news said so...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I remember my parents saying how much they hated the music ,and clothing fashion, of their kids generation.....and how the next generation was going to hell and a hand basket. Well...now I say that about my kids generation !

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
On a different note....people can be easily swayed....and if you say the same thing long enough then they will believe it.....commuters - technology have been both a blessing and a curse . ...I spoke with a customer of mine a few months ago who told me about a study regarding brain waves and the affect from cellphones and computer. Apparently, they change the developmental growth of small children . All these little kids that are given a cell phone or iPad to keep busy all day , or while mommy and daddy eat dinner , are having their brain waves and developmental growth of their brain altered .... And not for the better either. Apparently there is an on going study of these affects on children bore a certain age, and it is not good....true or not, I don't know ?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Most of 'em don't notice that they are being manipulated, that's how powerful and clever the techniques used are.

Ditch the internet. It's the only way forward.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I remember my parents saying how much they hated the music ,and clothing fashion, of their kids generation.....and how the next generation was going to hell and a hand basket. Well...now I say that about my kids generation !

My Dad blamed it on the Beatles.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I've been watching Google for some time- but have no ties to tv, radio or social media.
I can say with much confidence that Google has changed- not only over the years, but even in the last six months.
Very recently, Google has become a direct enemy of the people.
Not just politically, either. If I believed in such nonsense, I'd say the corporation was possessed by the devil.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

I'm exactly the Same and I listen to Techno lol.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Are people really accepting the current situation accepting that sweet bliss of ignorance

Nowadays, yes. But not all are blissfully ignorant.

Most people know whats going on, they just choose not to admit it.
Huh , what?

They have mortgage payments and kids to feed. Safer to maintain plausible deniability.

Even then the typical spread of opinion is in thirds. A third of the people disapprove , a third approve, and a third don't care.

Having said that, it only took a million persons to (peacefully) march to Washington to end the Vietnam war. That kind of demonstration possible today?

People are mostly ignorant of the 60s protests. Thanks Hollywood, TV News, and Department of Education.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Star because I agree with everything you said.

Imagine if they had the internet in the sixties? Would it have even happened or would people just 'like' it and Carry on with their lives?

I suspect the latter...
edit on 7-8-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct bs

edit on 7-8-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Removed ignorant statement

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Imagine if they had the internet in the sixties? Would it have even happened or would people just 'like' it and Carry on with their lives?

It was easier back then to take time off from work, travel cross country, demonstrate.

Imagine today when people are so indebted, things are so expensive, and jobs so tenuous.

How much does it cost now to own a car, pay for gas to cross the country and spend two weeks in Washington?

They have out priced everyones ability to cover the cost. Imo, this is by design.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think most people are afraid but are more afraid to do anything at all. They were only trained to listen, obey, and act without question. No one ever questions the system. No one can't.

Even if there was a way, who is going to expose the system?

People are scared.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I was watching a Infowars clip last night and as I usual do I started looking at the YT stats and numbers ...O views with 47 likes and the comment section full ...I guess what I am trying to say is ,its hard to make much of what we notice because even the comment section has a few bot's in them ....peace

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I think that too. I took my fiance out for dinner last week and spent £90. I don't regret it one iota but why is the cost of living so high? I work hard but £90 is a fair few hours of work for one evening of pleasure.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I think that too. I took my fiance out for dinner last week and spent £90. I don't regret it one iota but why is the cost of living so high? I work hard but £90 is a fair few hours of work for one evening of pleasure.

If we are too busy earning just to survive, then we have less time time for complaint.

'Beacons' of the 60s in America were places like San Francisco, Woodstock, various marches. All these were advertised to the most people thru underground radio, underground newspapers, word of mouth. The alternative to the main stream was a culture then, too.

There was 'networking' just like today. Thats how people found out where to meet and when. The didn't find out on the 6 O' clock news back then, either. Coverage of demonstrations protest and marches in the main stream news was just as biased against back then.

The civil rights movements, ant war protests and Gubment corruption exposure still succeeded, despite the establishments attempt to marginalize and downplay them.

Thing is people back then were more willing to take a nightstick to the head and not fight back.

Heroes, all.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

IKR. The irony of it all is astounding.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If you've the were with all, see a film, Steal this Movie.

Not bad, considering...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Much like with religion politics is based on the environment and social upbringing of people. If you go against what you grew up around you are in danger of becoming an "outcast" so you follow the herd.

TV is also a major factor in political allegiance where certain channels market to different ideologies so that said ideology watches it and only it and their biases confirmed constantly (think CNN or Fox News).

These biases are then used against the people as the two polarized (by design) "factions" fight each other while those orchestrating it all get away scot free.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Apologies, I posted before reading all of your post. The usage of algorithms online is definitely designed to manipulate people. I meet countless people that think Donald Trump is Satan incarnate.

I wonder who told them to think that? I ask them why and the response is usually a blank stare. They honestly have no idea other than that the news said so...

Seriously you asked them why they thought Trump was satan and they said cause the news told them? Really no fooling? Wow that darn fake news and their claims! Satan I thought the bias liberal media didn't believe in god, but I guess you don't need to?

And then when you asked they couldn't give you a single reason why they thought this but just a blank stare? I am kinda betting you were talking to a cat or other animals cause anyone I know liberal or conservative that thinks Trump is the Satan can give you thousands of reasons that would grab most anyone by the _____!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join