It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been visiting for close to 15 years Looking for TA's or You Other EQ Folks Input Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've been reading ATS for years. Never really thought about posting before cause I don't have much to add as you guys do a pretty good job of covering most things. I'm just a nobody that's always searching for the truth.

Anyhow. TA, we have had a few small EQ's close to where I live that were big enough to be felt recently. I pulled up some stations that were close by on GEE and have noticed several microquakes that haven't been reported (as of me writing this) over the past few weeks. I did notice that they started reporting these today but there are lots that aren't reported. I live in North Arkansas near bull shoals lake. Some local geologist claim that it could be some sort of ground rebound from the recent floods but another one also said she didn't think that was the case. Just interested in what you thought.

I have no idea how to post screen grabs from GEE but I have several grabs of microquakes. I've been watching wooly hollow, ozark folk center, and hobbs on the AR network (AG). But I just switched my wooly hollow over to the yellville station, I think its closer to the activity. Been picking up the quakes in OK on there too but you can tell those from the AR ones by watching which station gets the p-wave first. You can probably find some better stations and able to tell more than me.

Hobbs AR Seismo

Ozark Folk Center

Latest EQ's
edit on 3-8-2017 by Athomedad24 because: added link

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
the science people just are not saying it.. but.... the whole Planet is still in the ramping up of Global Outgassing, not because of Climate Change or changes in the Wheeler Weather Cycle influenced by cosmic forces & the Sun...no the outgassing is because the inner & outer Cores of Planet Earth are in a state of Chaos

EQs are a natural result of trapped gasses being heated so that the pockets of gas migrate towards the surface & release CO2 Methane and other heat trapping gasses in the Atmosphere

I am expecting some shaking along the SC Summerville Fault line as a direct result of the minor gravitational stresses resulting from the late August '17 Total Solar Eclipse all the way across the western hemisphere

welcome, you bring a bunch of knowledge with you

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Athomedad24!

It is better on this side. I don't blame you about not signing up. It took years before I took the plunge.

The things is, you are here with the rest of us! May the Lords of Kobol have mercy on your soul!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

At five posts you can start a thread, if you would like to share the info you found on the microquakes and just have others chime in. I can try to help though not way familiar with the area or experienced as others.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Welcome aboard !

Sharing something I just read today about Oklahoma City and current quakes that maybe indirectly affecting your patch of soil.

EDMOND, Okla. (AP) -- Utility regulators and geologists said Thursday they suspect a series of earthquakes in the Oklahoma City metro area - home to about a third of Oklahoma's population - which knocked out electricity to some residents in the wealthy suburb of Edmond, were caused by nearby disposal of wastewater from oil and gas production. The quakes started Tuesday and continued into Thursday, with at least seven of magnitude 3.0 or stronger being recorded in an area about 4 miles (6 kilometers) northeast of Edmond - about 15 miles (25 kilometers) northeast of Oklahoma City. The largest, a magnitude 4.2 temblor, hit Wednesday night. No injuries or significant damage have been reported, although two Edmond Electric substations were knocked offline Wednesday, leaving about 1,900 customers without power for about an hour. The Oklahoma Corporation Commission, which regulates utilities, said Thursday that the most likely cause is the injection of wastewater from oil and natural gas production into disposal wells in the area known as the Arbuckle formation, although there is a fault line in the area.

hosted.ap.org...

Any fracking in your area?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

As soon as you can make a thread in the Fragile Earth Forum to discuss this, please do so.
I'm very interested in quakes and I think you have much to offer into discussions on them

Thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Leave TA outta this...He's busy writing part 2......................I hope?

Maybe?

Some day?

new topics

top topics

join