It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, no joke. I can see magnetic fields with my NAKED EYES.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Same ability is used to watch people's aura.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Interesting. Strange question sort of related to your post, but so you ever see micro dots on the outer layer of your vision? I've seen these ever since childhood and used to be able to control their flow, but now I can only faintly follow their flow. And it's become harder to focus on them.
They have a strange pattern and color to them too. They seem equally spaced apart and they shift "colors" often.
When I was a child, I was able to go micro and macro with them. Sort of zoom in and pan back on them.
This probably has nothing to do with your post, but your post did trigger those memories and I was able to bring them into my vision.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Interesting

Everybody has a little bit of hidden super powers in them, not all are going to discover them I suppose. Once you do, the sky's the limit!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone
I think those are called floaters or floating spots. I have them as do many people. If that's what you mean

edit on 3-8-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Yes. It is. More than slightly.

Neodymium Boride.

OP: You are playing with fire. Rare Earths can be toxic, practice some care.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Birds can use quantum mechanics to navigate so why not people seeing magnetic fields?!!

I thought birds had minerals in their head like a directional *whatchamacallit" horseshoe shape around the inside of the skull that they can use to detect the magnetic north pole. Used in conjunction with the rising and setting sun, moon, landmarks, wind and wave direction, and the teaching of older birds how and when to migrate...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Until they discover actual magnetic particulates, a magnetic field is a 'field'. The rest is assumption especially you seeing 'streams of particles along field lines'....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Sounds like a fun experiment!! Will have to get hold of some good magnets and try it. Possible, though. My eldest can see auras around people, like their own EM field, or whatever.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Obviously my eyes cant see subatomic particles, but as another member mentioned, perhaps the magnetic field is distorting the air density between two joining poles.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The grand unified explanation has more to do with scale. The solar system and an atom are similar just vastly different in scale.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Wow, I didn't know neodymium magnets were so toxic. I'll be sure to handle with care. I've been tearing magnets out of electronics ever since I was a little kid. Never had any issues. I'll be sure to avoid exposure to an broken magnets, since they can be so brittle.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Obviously my eyes cant see subatomic particles, but as another member mentioned, perhaps the magnetic field is distorting the air density between two joining poles.

If that was observable with the eye they would have enhanced that detection apparatus a long time ago,. We would have visible light photos of field 'lines'... but, we don't.

We see the effects of magnetism on iron particles for instance, and we 'see' the byproducts of "Electro- Magnetic" (love that term) manipulation in conductors, motors, batteries and such.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Yeah, self similarity exists on every scale. I believe, as many do that magnetism and gravity have a self similar relationship. Like I said, I have a theory in the works. I just need to learn the math to solidify it.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

a reply to: seagull

Wow, I didn't know neodymium magnets were so toxic. I'll be sure to handle with care. I've been tearing magnets out of electronics ever since I was a little kid. Never had any issues. I'll be sure to avoid exposure to an broken magnets, since they can be so brittle.

Most of these magnets are coated, only representing toxic threats if you burn or inhale the smoke or dust from them.

Or pinch yourself, Youch!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Not necessarily true. The ferrocell is a fairly recent invention, and it is ridiculously simple. The most complicated components are the LED lights illuminating two drops of ferrofluid suspended in oil, compressed between two sheets of glass.

A razor thin layer of ferrofluid suspension produces a real-time 3D holographic image of any ferromagnetic field.

So if people have been overlooking the stupid simplicity that was needed to create the ferrocell, what else have we been overlooking???

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

...ferrofluid...

... is ferrous, not seeing field lines, just their effect. Again, a 'field' or a 'field' of 'particles' is not yet known.

magnetism attracts ferrous atoms like iron or "ferrofluid' to assemble along the direction of the magnetic field lines, does not represent what actual magnetic fields are actually 'made of'.

We call it magnetism, lol.

Edit: We have yet to see any gravity particles for that matter. We call the influence of gravity, gravitational 'fields' as well.

Then theres the 'strong force' (field?) holding individual atoms together.

If someone could compare the strength of a gravitational field of planets with the strength of a the strong 'field' holding atoms together relating to scale... there might be a unification of theories there. Has anyone done that?

Is that even possible.

edit on 3-8-2017 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
You can't see a magnetic field because technically they are not there. A magnetic field line is simply a value at a point in space time. What happens is fluctuation's of energy we call them photons. And they go from positive to negative energy. Can't have a photon be zero so the universe tries to get as close as possible to zero. But these fluctuations between positive and negative will be zero.

If you could see magnetic fields your vision would be very bad as you would see virtual particles everywhere you look to the point you wouldn't see anything else. Your vision would be totally useless.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I've been studying a lot on Classical Electromagnetic Theory, Quantum Field Theory, and Quantum Electro Dynamics, lately, and have been using the three to formulate a general set of principles as a precursor to a Grand Unified Theory.

So I was just sitting in my thinking chair, playing with some neodymium magnets, when I leaned in to focus, and suddenly realized that I am able to see what looks like very, very, fine steam-like particles moving between the attracting poles of the magnets. It kinda looks like steam rising from a cup of coffee when the light is passing through it. I have to focus really hard, but I'm definitely seeing something.

This is so freakn COOL!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this?????????

Try it with some neodymium magnets. Mine are pretty small. Hold the attracting poles towards each other with about 1/4th inch gap in between. Then lean in about 5 inches away. Don't put them too close to your eyes. I don't know if they can cause damage. But if you focus, maybe you'll notice it too.

Let me know if you see the same thing.

I noticed it 12 years ago...then quickly shut it doen as people cant handle it.

Then realiezed I ambcurious to your final conclusion.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

The field lines are most likely an illusion created as the ferrous particles are magnetized and repel parallel particles. So I don't expect to ever really detect field lines as there is no reason to believe a magnetic field is divided into field lines.

What I saw was not a field of lines. I saw a sort of swirling, as if steam were rising from a hot cup of coffee under a lamp. It looked chaotic, not organized like the "field-line" figures that we are used to seeing. It moved from the N pole of one magnet to the S pole of the other. I held the poles apart by about 1/4 inch.

Anyways, that's what I saw. Maybe it has to do with the internal structure of my eyes. I don't know. Maybe I have more cryptochome in my retinas than most people, but we all have some. Trust me, its not nearly the strangest thing that my eyes have seen.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well, birds can see magnetic fields, and it has nothing to do with being able to see virtual particles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join