It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pushes immigratin reform to move America to a merit points based system

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree. I heard several years back a chunk of land the size of Texas would be enough to grow food for the world population

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: luke1212

And where would the required water come from?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

I hope they are paying taxes on what they earn. Making them legal could save millions. Ofcourse illegal is illegal. One way or another something needs done.

Technically illegals DO pay taxes. Even more so if they happen to procure a fake id to get a job, because then they pay into the system but largely don't take benefits due to fear of being caught.

I'm all for putting the illegals in the country on the tax roles by legalizing them. It would be cheaper and more economically beneficial for us in the long run. Unfortunately people like the OP and Trump feel like illegal is illegal and we should sink tons of resources kicking these productive people out of our country.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

When European immigrants like Trump's grandpa and ma came to America, they didn't come as illegals. I don't think anyone should come as illegals. If they want to come, they should demonstrate why they are coming.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Wait. What's this response? I'm still waiting for you to prove that the reduction in legal immigration numbers is an estimate and not a goal.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I've realized what the catch is w/this issue. Many of them, especially their leadership, already know that illegal immigrants pay various local & State taxes. They aren't going to change that. They just don't want them to receive any of the benefits that come from those tax dollars.

I realized that when responding in one of those threads about transgender citizens in the military. They have no problem taxing transgender Americans and they have no problem using their tax money to pay for non-transgender health issues. But once transgenders want some of that tax money allocated to their health needs, it suddenly became a "problem".

And that's exactly how these people feel with illegal immigrants. They have no problem hiring them for cheap labor. And they know that they pay into State and local taxes, particularly things like State sales taxes which are applied on every sale regardless of your citizenship status. But if illegal immigrants are allowed to become legal citizens, it will both reduce their exploitation and allow them to receive all of the benefits of citizenship. And that's the part these people won't tolerate.

In short, it's almost like a subsidy program. Illegal immigrants help subsidize our programs without being able to receive any legal benefits from them. It's a return to a 2 class system.
edit on 2-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Fox news is saying that this bill does not stand a chance of getting passed. It's merely a political ploy to shore up the base for president Trump who promised immigration reform.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
America does not have an official language. English is the language of people who came and took the land after conquering it from everyone else. Why should immigrants speak English? English is the language of the slave owners.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

No one knows the future except God. God can travel back and forth through time. Mortals cannot. If they say it will cut immigration by half. So be it. But don't try acting like prophets. Even if it does cut immigration by half, I say about time. If America's population growth is not curbed and continues to grow like Syria does, then war would happen when resources run short.

Actually, the US has a serious problem with not growing our population fast enough. Our birthrate is actually negative right now, and the population is only expanding due to immigration. Should that cease to happen our population demographics will be very screwed up, and in 45 years, the current small generation at the time will be trying to support the retirement of all the millennials. It won't be a good situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join