It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Eclipse 2017: Oregon Officials Warn to Stockpile Food, Prepare to Shelter In Place

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marlichslar
a reply to: ketsuko

Makes sence to me. Buy your goods ahead of time. If the the population triples like that. You can expect long lines at supermarkets even shortages. Gas station will be packed.

I've been a small town when there is a festival. It's like being raided by a tribe of Mongols on horseback combined with a plague of locusts. They just take *everything*, bottled water, beer, drinks, packed sandwiches, bread, cheese, peanut butter spread, fruit, veggies, and anything that can be used in a camping tent. The beer goes first. I've seen the campers use skateboards to move several boxes of beer back to their van.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Reminds me of stories of friendly armies passing through small towns. They'd decimate their resources by sheer numbers.

All I know is that I'm not even going to try to work that night.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
just make sure you protect your eyes people...
I'll just stay home if you don't mind, we will get close enough to a full and knowing my luck, where ever I am at, it would be cloudy as all heck anyways...
but enjoy!!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Sooooo...where is the after party???

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Myself and 3 good friends will be there. We also plan to meet with 3 other friend groups that will be there, totaling 20 people. So, yes, it is true that a lot of people will be there.

I plan on downloading a map of the state for offline use in case we need to retreat to my folks place in state.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It will be good for their local economy, but it might actually create a shortage because a lot of people will be coming there and they will probably clean out the stores locally. Good to stock up to make sure you have food and gas there.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Not a bad idea!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: HummaKavula
a reply to: Krakatoa

Not a bad idea!

PM me my agents fee later.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

typical daboo ever the alarmist.

im from lincoln county, the fear the officials have is due to the fact they have never seen all hotels and all campgrounds over booked for multiple days on end like this, yet they have in past run out of food or near to it, in the few grocery stores in their county, since they are almost entirely occupied by forests rather then citys/towns.

food shortages in the county, severe traffic congestion to the point of holding up ambulances for hours, and unprepared tourists, are things very common to lincoln county, they are very familiar with them due to prior holidays and events, and they have never seen one this popular before... so reasonably so they are a bit freaked out.
edit on 3-8-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

If you read my thread at all, you will see that I am well aware of DAHBOO's alarmist stance and mentioned it. Since I live in the path of totality myself, it hadn't crossed my mind that while there would be a metric ton of people here for the event, that they would be here for as many days as that.

I was thinking of it as a one-day thing, so I posted this thread for others like me - people who live in places where our officials are not bothering to really make any fuss about this, so that we can make appropriate plans for this kind of influx for as long as it will last.

If I thought this was going to be a DOOOOOM-type thing, I would not have posted it in the Survival forum, but in predictions.

Instead, I wanted anyone else to think about a potential 4-day massive influx of folks with the potential to overload local capability to the point where it either can't or will have severe problems with coping. And you would also know you're the second person to mention DAHBOO, but even a broken clock can be right about things twice a day.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
eclipses are just another rhythm or resonance we call the ~Music of the Spheres~

see:

Saros 128
It is a part of Saros cycle 128, repeating every 18 years, 11 days

Metonic cycle
The metonic series repeats eclipses every 19 years (6939.69 days),

In addition the octon subseries repeats 1/5 of that or every 3.8 years (1387.94 days).

UH Oh... is that 'music' a Rob Zombie tune this Aug 21st? at Charleston Harbor ? at 1:17 PM

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

If you read my thread at all, you will see that I am well aware ....

so what? whats your point?

what makes you think i was talking about you? my statements were general information in reference to the topic at hand, which is not you....

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Ok seens how i live in oregon right in the totality path, we have dozens of small towns, 25 mph streets, we are more afraid of our grocery stores being wiped out by 100,000 people plus, our emergency services not being able to respond in the usual timely fashion, its like having a half full dixie cup and everything is Just right for that dixie cup plus we have space for a bit more but dont try to pour 2gallons in a 1oz paper cup. We cant "build extra" because this type of thing doesnt happen very often so yes we as residents have been requested by our cities to pickup staples And make sure we have EVERYTHING we need. Most of our stores will be closed just to combat the state of possibly being overwhelmed by 100,000 extra mouths.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And PLEASE IF YOU COME PLEASE PICK UP YOUR GARBAGE

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join