It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Shapiro Vs Cenk Uygur

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well, I watched a lot of this live last night and looked here on ATS and did not find anything .

youtu.be...

So there it is I don't think I can embed on mobile.

Aside from who I thought "won", I feel this debate can only be described as ". Presidential debate except if the people were smart"...

Now I admit I only caught the last half hour.

But both these guys performed better or at least on par with any debate Iv ever seen between presidential candidates...

Looking forward to hearing thoughts... it's been interesting seeing Facebook pages debunk/backup their "sides" arguments today in the aftermath of the debate..

Let Me know who you fine folk think "won" and why? And where were they wrong ? Where were they right? Do these fellows represent at least the general ideas of the left/right?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Will watch it later but consider both very high up the chain on their respective sides..

I agree with everything bad either says about their own side lol..

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Funny ... when Uygur can't 'pull a monologue on us ... he gets his ass thoroughly booed by the audience.

Booed to a point he accuses the audience of being 'uneducated'. What a waste of human flesh he is.

Here's a highlight reel.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yes I'm rewatching the debate now figures I ought to since I made a thread..

From the get go , Cenk plays the entertainer nice guy role.

Shapiro is a fiery smart dude who would probbaly annoy me in real life.

But he sure can make a case.

a reply to: Snarl

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
oooo been waiting for this Cenk is a dunce.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I thought they both did well and I find it hard to actually name a winner here.

The crowd reactions from the start seemed very one sided being that they were booing Cenk as he was walking on stage and it hadn't even started yet. So I wouldn't judge anything by the crowd at all as there was a pretty clear bias in the crowd already.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Shapiro intellectually raped Cenk... it wasn't even close.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Gotta Agree with you on that.

Was for sure Shapiro favored crowd.

Cenk and his USA chant and calling people uneducated was a bit much ... "Sorry you're not educated, Google it!" Is not something i want to hear at a debate, we don't even let that shnnip slide here at ATS...well...

No one is a winner in politics , but I do feel Shapiro better represented his arguments .

He seems like a weasel though.

a reply to: mOjOm

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans

He seems like a weasel though.

Yes he did. I've never listened to him speak before that I know of and although he did seem to be pretty intelligent as far as presenting his arguments, he came off as a real a-hole in my opinion.

He's got a face and an attitude that just makes you want to punch him in the face for some reason.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I like Shapiro a lot, so I may be biased, but I thought he won most of the issues.

I will say that I hate the fact that when you look at the comments on Youtube, people make it seem like Cenk had no good points whatsoever. Youtube videos always have this, where the title will claim something like "Shapiro absolutely DESTROYS Cenk!!!". Its childish and stupid.

Shapiro focuses more on facts and numbers, while Cenk goes for more of an emotional appeal, and I favor Shapiros style in that regard.

Cenk has talking poiints like "Everyone should have health care". Shapiro will have a detailed answer like "Well you can have unversality, affordability, and quality, and you can only have two of those. Universality like Cenk is suggesting would hurt quality and affordiability by costing ...".

Cenk would reply "The Iraq war costs trillions so just don't have wars" While there is truth to what Cenk is saying, it is very oversimplified and not on par woth Ben's level of analysis.

The same is true of the question of money in politics. Is feels warm and fuzzy to say get big money out of politics, but Cenk can not answer specifics of why its ok for him to donate his network to supporting Bernie, but a business should not be allowed to pay for a commercial for a candidate.

However, I thought both sides did good, and its refreshing to see political discourse that doesn't amount to calling the other side evil.
edit on 31-7-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Cenk is going overboard on the emotional window dressing. He's hamming it up over making well-thought out points. He's hitting all the favored liberal sacred cows and comparisons though.

"You said blah? Well, then why are wanting to get into my uterus?!"

He practically did a fist pump to that.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I cannot stand Cenk and The Young Turks, especially after their total lefty meltdown when Trump won the presidency. It was super hillarious actually.

But at least Cenk was honest by basically admitting that 'identity politics' by the left is a desperate and pathetic move, while justifying it because he believes the repubs once did it to gain support from white racists. LOL. How pathetic is that?

Shapiro owned this one, imo.

Thanks for the thread, it was an entertaining watch.
edit on 1-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
watched it.
actually watch all 3 the tyt debates.
my biggest problem is how petty cenk and his crew is.
the moment they are proven wrong, or their point doesn't come across they resort to snide remarks, or flat out yelling offensive stuff to people.
even though they might not be aware of it, they are the incarnation of the stereotypical liberal:
"you don't agree with me 100%? well you are a stupid racist islamophobic bla bla bla"
I gave up on tyt about 2 years ago, and can't understand how anybody values them.
they are only good as long as they are in their echochamber

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

That Cenk guy is an idiot a tool of the DNC,once things turn against him in a conversation he goes ape s***,he's just another MSM tool young jerk,not turk

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

That Cenk guy is an idiot a tool of the DNC,once things turn against him in a conversation he goes ape s***,he's just another MSM tool young jerk,not turk

do you know what the Young Turks are?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree. Both did well, mainly because they could point out, and openly bitch about the obvious flaws of both parties.

That being said, I as many have been irritated by the left acting as if you don't agree with them, you're not educated. That, or you're a bigot.

Unfortunately, Cenk felt cornered and used that fallacy.

That being said, he had some points everyone needs to consider and think about.

While I don't personally like Ben, he carries himself as a hate if if you want, here's what I think.

Definitely a good watch though.

Edit:I posted this when I was 3/4 of the way through. I think Ben engaged in as much logical fallacy as anyone at the end. He started consistent and lost me at the end.
edit on 1-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The problem I had with Cenk is that his arguments were very scattered and meandering. He didn't make an organized point. Instead he wondered through a bunch of things trying to find something to hit with. It had the effect of seeming to give him breadth while lacking a whole lot of depth.

Shapiro was pretty focused making his points and explaining them. But with all the things being thrown at him he had to pick and choose what to address, but when he did, he won those points because he could easily out-explain what Cenk through out.

So I supposed your perception of who won depends on whether you were looking for more to be referenced or more depth to the arguments actually fully addressed.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I wouldn't say that. They did some decent reporting on the issues with Hillary and Wikileaks emails. Went way more in depth than the MSM.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Nice clip. Yeah I can't stand that guy, it was enjoyable to watch Uygur get his ass handed to him via Shapiro. HA!

Has Shapiro EVER lost a debate? That guy is a beast!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Shapiro intellectually raped Cenk... it wasn't even close.

Shapiro's piercing intellectual retort wiped the smirk off of Cenk's face several times there, it was great watching that.

new topics

top topics

join