It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: Nearly All Of U.S. Drinking Water Contaminated With Cancer Causing Chemicals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It was back in the 80s when I started drinking filtered water. A friend put a filter in my house and said only drink the filtered water for a few days and then try the city supplied faucet water afterwards. To make a short story shorter the city water was terrible after drinking the filtered water and it has not mattered where I have lived since the the 80s it has always been filtered water for me when able.

What gets me with some of these reports and studies is those who are responsible for water safety must know ..... Yet nothing is done...
www.activistpost.com...

The Environmental Working Group, a non-profit research organization environmental watchdog, released a searchable database Thursday that shows almost 50,000 public water systems in the U.S. are contaminated with dozens of harmful chemicals.

Some of the chemicals found in your drinking water include – arsenic, hexavalent chromium, radiation, chloroform, perfluorooctanoic acid, Bromodichloromethane, Dichloroacetic acid, Barium, and Uranium; and that’s just scratching the surface of the 250-plus contaminants the group discovered.

EWG researchers spent the last two years collecting data from independent state agencies and the EPA for drinking water tests conducted from 2010 to 2015 by 48,712 water utilities in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Researchers tested the utilities for approximately 500 different contaminants, finding a whopping 267 contaminations of Americans’ water supplies.

If you’re in the U.S. you can check your own water supply by visiting the Tap Water Database, which allows anyone in the U.S. to enter their zip code or local utility’s name and find out what’s lurking in their local water supply.

www.ewg.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I've always found city water to taste nasty. The water in DC is the worst I've had. Luckily my house has well water.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Those'r the ingredients for hair on your chest.
Nothing wrong with a little barium and arsenic to quench your thirst.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Good to know there's now a database. As far as pollutants, I feel the more we look into our water, air, food, medicine, etc, the more bad news we're gonna find.

The bigger question is: are these pollutants intentionally added to our environment or is it another result of mankind's negligence?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I'm on well water also. Have been for the past 9 years.
When I have a glass of water at my mothers house, I can damn near smell chlorine coming from the tap.

Edit, I find it odd that it needs to be treated so much. I am located on Lake Superior- the largest fresh water lake in the world.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

only drink the filtered water for a few days and then try the city supplied faucet water afterwards.

What differences did you notice? Just taste, or the way you feel also?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I've always found city water to taste nasty. The water in DC is the worst I've had. Luckily my house has well water.

I had my well water tested when I bought my house about 15 years ago. It was a cheap test, about $35 bucks, and it passed. After living in the house for about a month, we noticed a lot of,ahem, stomach trouble.

Had the water tested again, this time going much deeper, and costing about $350, and it showed bacteria. Turned out the pipe cap head on the well had a hairline crack, letting in bacteria.

It also showed that my water is very old - at least 100,000 years have passed since the water was exposed to the atmosphere. It has been flowing through and below the ground since well before the last ice age.

So, running your own water system can be expensive (pumps, tanks, mineral filters, etc), and can lead to, ahem, stomach trouble, if your system fails, but at least you might wind up with water that is free from the hazards of the modern world.
edit on 30-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is a Global poisoning issue here.....IMHO Hulda said 2 companies producing 2 kinds of water purification chemicals which go in EVERYONES drinking water GLOBALLY are producing chemicals when they break down which produce internal enivironments sympathetic to the growth and reproduction of parasites and the fungi-mould we call cancer........in short they have trojan horses in everything..... TPTB are intentionally making us sick with lifelong illnesses which they deny cures to but provide con-job pharmacuticals for......Huldas concern IMHO was that by doing this with 2 chemicals used GLOBALLY ...we risk extinction if things ever go south quickly.....the human species has been made vulnerable for money......IMHO Hulda also showed us the connection between cancer and penicillin .....cancer is a mould....penicillin is derived from a mould....the levels of impact on humanity are close to ELEs[extinction level events] in both cases chlorine and penicillin......many believe Hulda was 86ed for publishing her work.
www.drclark.net...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

only drink the filtered water for a few days and then try the city supplied faucet water afterwards.

Taste primarily.. I have always been healthy for some reason so I can not say the filtered water did anything with my health... It was interesting though that stuff you added water to..... make a drink you only had to add 1/3 to 1/2 the same stuff to get the same or better taste.. Instant coffee was demonstrated and sure enough 1/2 the amount of powdered coffee gave a better taste and brew...

You can buy a swimming pool tester kit and test your drinking water supplied by the cities.. Everyone I have ever seen tested test for more chlorine that is required in a healthy swimming pool.. Weird huh ?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Not really surprised. My local water source happens to be about a 1/4 mile from the dump and at a lower elevation at that. I only drink spring water, probably not much better but nature is the best filter imo. Of course most spring water is put into plastic containers, which contaminates it, but gotta drink something. With what we know about our good bacteria/ bad bacteria it's only sensible to assume the water treatment processes kills good bacteria as well, and isn't totally filtered out before it interacts with your body. I've also heard that estrogen from tampons flushed down the toilet can never be filtered out of the water, which in these days seems to pretty evident in our daily lives. Something of interest probably not many realize is that funeral homes blood letting plumbing ties straight into the grid. I would have thought with the biohazard potential of small pricks of needles you see in hospitals and the disposal process that this wouldn't be the case, but it is.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

Yea, you gotta have a filter with it. We have a UV light as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I think Southern California, mostly around San Diego has had the worst tap water I've come across.

I helped my Girl put together her water filter not too long ago, I think I may need to get myself one.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Taste primarily.. I have always been healthy for some reason so I can not say the filtered water did anything with my health... It was interesting though that stuff you added water to..... make a drink you only had to add 1/3 to 1/2 the same stuff to get the same or better taste.. Instant coffee was demonstrated and sure enough 1/2 the amount of powdered coffee gave a better taste and brew...

You can buy a swimming pool tester kit and test your drinking water supplied by the cities.. Everyone I have ever seen tested test for more chlorine that is required in a healthy swimming pool.. Weird huh ?

Yea that is weird. I can smell chlorine in my tap water. I drink bottled water except for when I make coffee, but I guess I should start using bottled for it too.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I think Southern California, mostly around San Diego has had the worst tap water I've come across.

I helped my Girl put together her water filter not too long ago, I think I may need to get myself one.

Try Baker, Montana. You can't even shower with that slimey stuff. There are so many natural mineral salts in the water that soap does not work.

Otherwise, Baker is a fine place. You can't swing a car without hitting dinosaur fossile, the steaks are great and the folks there are very kind, if not outgoing. Baker also had the best 4th of July fireworks I have ever seen, and I have watched New Yourks, Baltimore's and Washintons on occasion.

So, bring your wn water when visiting.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
I only drink spring water, probably not much better but nature is the best filter imo.

"Spring Water" = Bottled Tap Water (in cheap plastic to make it the worst POS "water" you can drink).

I always cringe when you see people with cases of "Spring Water" on their carts at the grocery store.

edit on 30-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
After moving to a small county south of Atlanta from Minnesota, I noticed a funny smell and taste. I mentioned it my new neighbor, a military nurse-who said she had algae growing on the end of her faucets. Sure enough, she showed me i did too.

Than another friend was washing baby clothes that turned brown in the washer-all of them. She took a water sample to the city and her own to a lab-so did we.

Lab said water was just fine. Really? We buy bottled water now but that's all in plastic. I've heard the filtered water for homes are ripoffs and gimmicks.

Where to go-who to trust?

At least the the water in Mn tasted and smelled the best I have ever had and they drew directly from the aquifer-no need for smelly water plants.

This is a really serious problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
.... we can't exclude the "I Told You So"... from scriptures... this excerpt is from Bible:

...and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

How about that forecast... it singled out the 'waters' not the Seas or Lakes-Rivers-Streams or the big water basin we call Oceans

the 'third' part might just be the Industrial Developed Countries, better known as the G-20 Nations...
and the combined land mass of the G-20 Nations should easily be 1/3rd of all the lands of Earth...
& not 1/3rd of all the recognized 'Sovereign' Nation in the UN as many are likely to infer from the prognostication/prophecy

I do grow 'Moringa' trees & bushes, which are supposed to filter water to a cleaner condition (by using the roots as filter material) I still have not diced the leaves into my salads yet...but after a 3rd year growth cycle I will soon try them out

see:

Moringa Uses and Benefits
foodreference.about.com
of milk. 25 times the iron of spinach. Moringa can be found in teas, purchased as a powder, used in soups, salads, nutritional bars and more. All parts of the moringa tree can be used including the leaves, flowers, seeds, pods, roots, bark, gum, and seed oil More »

edit on th31150142876130322017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: TheLead
I only drink spring water, probably not much better but nature is the best filter imo.

"Spring Water" = Bottled Tap Water (in cheap plastic to make it the worst POS "water" you can drink).

I always cringe when you see people with cases of "Spring Water" on their carts at the grocery store.

Unless your well taps into the reservoir that feeds the spring water, house I grew up in had that, same water that was being bottled came out of our tap.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A 0 ppm RO filter can be purchased for about $80-100 on ebay.

It lets through 0 ppm of dissolved solids. Get one with a charcoal filter, it will filter any flavors out.

The little ones that mount on the faucet are a joke. If it doesn't run slow, it is probably not filtering effectively.

Rainwater is around 10-25 ppm of dissolved solids, and I have seen an average of 475 ppm in the water supplies.

F'n nasty pahrmies, solvents, fertilizers, hormones, lead, etc, etc..

Had a buddies dog act all sick and couldn't walk. His vet suggested non tap water, and the thing was running around the next day. Related? idk, but not surprising.

Will there ever be a way to effectively sell our sht back to use from the toilet at 300 a month?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You mean bottled from the source, untouched by man is just an advertising slogan, lol /sarc

I understand that but as I stated I "know" of the contamination in my local source. The spring around here are full of Lyme and sulphur. I'm told the Lyme makes for a good bourbon, but I don't often partake.
I would love to be able to set up a stainless system filtered by uv and charcoal it just isn't financially feasible at this moment.

If ignorance is bliss I guess I'm saved by the bel-ding.

edit on 30-7-2017 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join