It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: Nearly All Of U.S. Drinking Water Contaminated With Cancer Causing Chemicals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

uranium is a natural mineral in our earth. Its in the dust. Its in the soil. It is dissolved in all water. It occurs naturally in our body.

Our bodies are made of all the naturally occurring minerals of this earth.

Every animal, insect and bird has uranium in their body and is exposed to uranium daily.

What planet to you intend to move to to escape the "toxic" effects of uranium?

hps.org...

Yes, our bodies are naturally radioactive, because we eat, drink, and breathe radioactive substances that are naturally present in the environment. These substances are absorbed by our bodies, into our tissues, organs, and bones, and are constantly replenished by ingestion and inhalation. From the radionuclides that are present in our bodies, the average man in the United States receives an effective dose of about 0.3 mSv each year. This is about one-tenth (or 10 percent) of the 3.1-mSv dose that the average U.S. man who weighs 70 kg receives each year from all sources of natural background radiation (not including medical sources). For women and children, the dose is less, in rough proportion to their smaller bodies. More information is available in the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP) Report 160, Ionizing Radiation Exposure of the Population of the United States. A pie chart in this report shows dose contributions from various natural background radiation sources, and the contribution from our own bodies can be found by adding the dose from potassium-40 and from thorium and uranium and their decay products (discussed in more detail below).

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Total Dissolved Solids

www.quora.com...

Total ​dissolved ​solids (TDS) :​ ​ comprise ​inorganic salts ​and small ​amounts of ​organic matter ​that are ​dissolved in ​water. The ​principal ​constituents ​are usually the ​cations calcium,​ magnesium, ​sodium and ​potassium and ​the anions ​carbonate, ​bicarbonate, ​chloride, ​sulphate and, ​particularly in ​groundwater, ​nitrate .TDS ​is ​expressed in ​units of mg per ​unit volume of ​water (mg/L) or ​also referred ​to as parts per ​million (ppm) ​ Permissible ​range of TDS in ​drinking water: ​ Different ​government ​has ​different ​regulations for ​the TDS level. ​The U.S. EPA ​sets the ​maximum ​contaminant ​level for TDS ​500 ppm where ​as WHO has ​different ​prescribe ​limits. ​ An aesthetic ​objective of ​≤500 mg/​L has been ​established for ​total dissolved ​solids (TDS) in ​drinking water ​by WHO. At ​higher levels, ​excessive ​hardness, ​unpalatability, ​mineral ​deposition and ​corrosion may ​occur. At low ​levels, however,​ TDS ​contributes ​to the ​palatability of ​water. ​Most people ​think of TDS as ​being an ​aesthetic ​factor. In a ​study by the ​World Health ​ ​Organization, a ​panel of ​tasters came to ​the following ​conclusions ​about the ​preferable ​level of ​TDS in water: ​ ​

You are confusing total dissolved solids and how it affects growing plants with TDS in drinking water. Two very different things.

TDS in drinking water has NOTHING to do with fertilizer levels.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I completaly agree ... except when its from nuclear testing and abandon uranium mines erroding into the river ... thats not exactaly natral

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

nuclear testing uses uranium, it does not create uranium. Uranium from mining and nuclear testing is completely natural, albeit concentrated.

However, in terms of drinking water, there is a stringent standard that does not exceed what is naturally occurring in our bodies.

And guess what, it is tested weekly!

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

www.npr.org...

im shure they agree

also

lasvegassun.com...

i understand what ur saying but when u take a uranium deposite break it down to sand and rocks and let a river run into the pile ... and i also agree its tested alot ... but nevada dosent exactly have a good reputation of exposing the crap the us goverment along with other corperations did out in the desert in the cold war era

i really wish i could find the artical actualy showing the mine that slid into the river ... long gone tho

i know the water is fine to drink but i find it suspect and do not trust them to tell me if there is a problem

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
All of those are naturally occurring, what's the problem...?

Natural uranium by itself is harmless (non fissile isotope, fissile isotope is only 0.6% of natural uranium).

Using a filter to filter your water from pharmaceutical drugs? I have bad news for you, they don't, most hormone and small molecule drugs cannot be filtered, if your filter claims it can filter drugs out, it most likely means it had the ability to filter out one type of large/heavy molecule drugs, hence the reason they can state it.

edit on 30-7-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

bottled water is an example of an industry that exists solely by feeding on people's fears.

I don't know about America but Ontario Canada built its public water supplies mostly in the 1950s and 1960s. That was 60 years ago. Yes there has been some hot spots and some corruption but when you compare the health of people today with the thousands of people who died then from contaminated water, well, its clear that the safety and efficiency of public water supply speaks for itself.

I dare people who are so afraid to a) go live in a country with no public water supply for 6 months or so and b) make sure and empty your wallets by buying filters and bottled water. Fools and their money are soon parted.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Will there ever be a way to effectively sell our sht back to use from the toilet at 300 a month?

Well yes actually if you have a healthy diet people will pay big money for your crap.

fecal transplant

Finish any food you are eating before reading.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
go to that site and find your area they list the contaminents then under that there are 5 things to click on for pollution sources..they are agriculture, industry, treatment byproducts, runoff and sprawl, and naturally occuring

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: 727Sky

Good to know there's now a database. As far as pollutants, I feel the more we look into our water, air, food, medicine, etc, the more bad news we're gonna find.

The bigger question is: are these pollutants intentionally added to our environment or is it another result of mankind's negligence?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think its kind of amazing, in a sad way, that right now I can get on my cell phone and within minutes find the temperature, humidity, wind direction and velocity, earthquakes, lightening strikes, and more, all in real time anywhere on earth. But there is no place I can go to find out what is in the water coming out of the faucet in my kitchen.

Reverse osmosis will remove virtually everything from your water. But you will have to take calcium supplements if you use R-O because the water will leach calcium out of your bones if you don't.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

google your local water utility. testing results are normal posted for public information

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join