It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REPORT: Nearly All Of U.S. Drinking Water Contaminated With Cancer Causing Chemicals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Only uranium in mine ... no worries tho we are only at the maximum safe levels and i fully trust them when they say that its safe to drink ... its not like in 2014 when they where cought with several over level contaminates ... and they would never lie again

The amount of downplay on the uranium is unreal its within safe levels ... with 0 room left ... i dont think i quite belive there is a safe amount of uranium

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Only uranium in mine ... no worries tho we are only at the maximum safe levels and i fully trust them when they say that its safe to drink ... its not like in 2014 when they where cought with several over level contaminates ... and they would never lie again

The amount of downplay on the uranium is unreal its within safe levels ... with 0 room left ... i dont think i quite belive there is a safe amount of uranium

Oh come on now, uranium bad? Pshh.. I would think it would produce a beautiful radiant glow that is usually reserved for pregnant ladies.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Mandroid7

You mean "toxic" like the water that we drank before chlorination??

You mean 'toxic" like the water that caused diptheria and polio and killed children by the thousands? Is that the "toxic" you mean?

I have conducted more TDS tests than you can imagine. TDS testing is conducted to ensure that the dissolved solids in a water supply are sufficiently low so that the particulate does not interfere with complete disinfection.

BS

You've done so many water tests and you are telling me water is clean?
TDS testing is to test TDS. not for the one function you have experienced.

TDS is also used to measure the amount of fertilizer in the water.

Growing hydro, the ppm is around 1000. Above that will kill plants.
Tap water has up to 500 pm of solids already in it.

I get the essential nutrients line of thinking, but it varies too much between water sources to be a thing to teach.
Most of the time the trace nutes are not remotely close to DRV's, and are high in ground minerals like iron.

Plants can give you the nutrients with a more balanced delivery, but the toxin crap is going into the plant food chain too.

edit. no I am not talking about pre-treatment, although, yes you probably had cleaner water pre-treatment days once the pathogens where killed.
You can't chlorinate away benzene and phosphates.

edit on 7 by Mandroid7 because: added

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Man - ATS loves the scare stories!
I know, I kind of love a good scare story now and again myself. However it would be foolish not to do a little research in assessing these risks or claims of such.

Just because a chemical is harmful in the parts per thousand range (mg/L) or even in the parts per billion (ng/L) range, does not mean it is harmful in the parts per trillion range. The poison is in the dose.
I like the environmental adage, "Dilution is the solution". It would scare just about anyone if they knew the amount of contaminants in our water ways and estuaries.

Every thing and I do mean EVERY THING has health risks. So the health risk is NEVER zero!
A good scientist never deals in absolutes, negligible risk maybe but never zero.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Drinking 0ppm water is not going to have the deficiency effect you claim.
I don't think TiredofControlFreaks is claiming zero ppm. I believe you are off by 1-2 orders of magnitude.

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Tap water is toxic.
Only if you live in Flint MI.
edit on 7/30/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Just because water comes from the ground doesn't make it "Spring" water.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLeadI've also heard that estrogen from tampons flushed down the toilet can never be filtered out of the water, which in these days seems to pretty evident in our daily lives.

You don't flush tampons down the toilet because it will clog the toilet.

Your supposed influx of estrogen that is (apparently to you) so evident in our daily lives must come from somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So the water that seeps out of our caves up to ground level is what exactly?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Oh people mostly certainly do, I've had to wire pumps in the retention ponds, you'd be amazed at what ends up in them. I'm sorry if offended you with the sarcastic part of the statement, but there is a war against masculinity at this moment. People are against it until they need it.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Water in the ground is ground water. 'All' the ground 'full' of it. See: Water Table.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So you're saying ground water can't become spring water?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: TheLead
I only drink spring water, probably not much better but nature is the best filter imo.

"Spring Water" = Bottled Tap Water (in cheap plastic to make it the worst POS "water" you can drink).

I always cringe when you see people with cases of "Spring Water" on their carts at the grocery store.

Not to mention most of it has also had all the natural minerals such as magnesium removed. Even putting aside the issue of plastic, most bottled water has been filtered through reverse osmosis, which de-mineralizes it. Some water companies then add magnesium to the filtered water in an effort to make it "healthy" again but it's not the same. Bottled water is like white flour--it's had all the naturally-occurring nutrition (we normally get a hefty dose of our daily magnesium needs from water) removed, then a different and less bio-available version of the that nutrition artificially added.

Just put a charcoal-brick filter on your faucet instead of using bottled water. It's better for you, and it will save a ton of money besides.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Where to go-who to trust?

At least the the water in Mn tasted and smelled the best I have ever had and they drew directly from the aquifer-no need for smelly water plants.

This is a really serious problem.

Actually, EWG has a list of different water filters, what they're best for, how effective they are, etc. They update it periodically. They're a non-profit and non-partisan group who don't appear to be beholden to any special interest groups and, in my opinion, are a pretty good source for information. (Follow the link at the end of the OP to their site, then look for their 2017 water filter guide.)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
You mean bottled from the source, untouched by man is just an advertising slogan, lol /sarc

I understand that but as I stated I "know" of the contamination in my local source. The spring around here are full of Lyme and sulphur. I'm told the Lyme makes for a good bourbon, but I don't often partake.
I would love to be able to set up a stainless system filtered by uv and charcoal it just isn't financially feasible at this moment.

If ignorance is bliss I guess I'm saved by the bel-ding.

For the record, UV doesn't actually filter anything. It sterilizes. It kills bacteria, but doesn't remove anything including heavy metals or viruses.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Imagine how bad it'd be without the EPA, like the Republicans want.

You can thank business for all that pollution.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When I visit family in Bulgaria, my mother in law goes and gets huge jugs of actual, 100% natural spring water. No chemicals, no pharma runoff, no fluoride in it.

Within about three weeks like clockwork, on every trip, my brain feels much clearer, skin looks better and I lose weight.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
These occur naturally in water. arsenic, hexavalent chromium, radiation, chloroform, perfluorooctanoic acid, Bromodichloromethane, Dichloroacetic acid, Barium, and Uranium are all from deposits underground. For millions of years drinking water had these only difference now we know about it

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
When I visit family in Bulgaria, my mother in law goes and gets huge jugs of actual, 100% natural spring water. No chemicals, no pharma runoff, no fluoride in it.

Within about three weeks like clockwork, on every trip, my brain feels much clearer, skin looks better and I lose weight.

Have it tested it will have several harmful chemicals. The thing is they are in low quantities in most areas.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

I gotcha shouldn't have put filtered where I did in my sentence, that's what the charcoal is for.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Alright well obviously my offputting dispostion allowed to many to argue semantics with me. So I am bowing out. Sorry for derailing the thread op
edit on 30-7-2017 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join