It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to expel US displomats

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Velatropa24

Putin has done nothing but good for Russia

Yes and no. And why is that relevant for this topic?

The data confirm a trend noted by the Levada Center in March. While Putin's approval was still at a sky-high 82 percent, Medvedev's had dropped to 42 percent from 52 percent in February.

There can only be one explanation for the clear shift: Corruption fighter Alexei Navalny's movie about Medvedev's use of stately manors and other luxury attributes held by shady non-profit organizations. The documentary was posted to YouTube on March 2. It has been viewed almost 20 million times since. Medvedev took a long time to respond personally to the accusations in the film. He waited until tens of thousands of people, many of them young, took to the streets throughout Russia to protest against top-level corruption, and until Navalny himself was jailed for organizing the rallies and released after serving out the 15-day sentence. On April 4, the prime minister branded the film "dishonest" and dismissed it as a motley collection of irrelevant material thrown together by those "trying to get people out on the street and achieve their political goals." The April Levada survey shows that this weak response hasn't helped.

This says something important about Levada polls. They are clearly far more useful than a dead man's cardiogram, which they have often resembled in recent years. They efficiently pick up public reactions to new, important information. They can also reflect the precarious standing of major political figures -- as long as these figures aren't Putin. It's not as scary to answer a stranger's question about Medvedev or anyone else in Putin's "power vertical" as it is to answer questions about the national leader himself. You're only disloyal if you want Putin to go.

Medvedev's low support level doesn't mean that his boss has suddenly become unpopular. But it does show Russians' increased dissatisfaction with the way they are governed. Russians know, both instinctively and from Kremlin propaganda, that Putin is the micromanager behind the system. The support for Putin is often insincere, a sign of the general mistrust that characterizes Russian society.

Russian Polls Do Mean Something After All

Where there is faith, there is no logic or common sense.

Chapeau! Guess I'm the only holy trinity here, eh?

PS: can we change the headline to "dissplomats"?

It isn't relative to the topic. I'ts more of a cold shower for a member of the discussion, lost in delusions.

Reguarding dissatisfaction with Medvedev - it's not really an indicator of the "good Putin has done for Russia". Two quite unrelated issues really.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

An opposing opinion isn't necessarily a sign of delusion. Looking at opinions this way on the other hand, might be delusional indeed. That's why this sort of ad hominem tends to fly right back at ya. Just saying.

Two quite unrelated issues really.

It's his PM, we know who is really pulling the strings in the shadows. We all do, which is why this is actually a change of tides. The majority of Russians want this corrupt gubbermint gone (if that poll isn't just an utter piece of crap, which I have yet to see). You realize that?

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

An opposing opinion isn't necessarily a sign of delusion. Looking at opinions this way on the other hand, might be delusional indeed. That's why this sort of ad hominem tends to fly right back at ya. Just saying.

Two quite unrelated issues really.

It's his PM, we know who is really pulling the strings in the shadows. We all do, which is why this is actually a change of tides. The majority of Russians want this corrupt gubbermint gone (if that poll isn't just an utter piece of crap, which I have yet to see). You realize that?

What you have said in the first paragraph is absolutely right, and I would generally agree with you, however not in this situation. I will not go into details, but my opinion here is based on long observation of patterns, train of thought and behaviors. Every rule has exceptions, this for me is one of those rare cases. I could go into details, however I do not want to offend anyone personally.

As far as the Medvedev issue - I like to speak about what I know. This particular issue, I am not familiar enogh with it to draw any conclusions/opinions, however if these polls and videos are coming from Navalniy's corner, there is a good chance its a crock of s#!t.

Navalniy is a regular at the US embassy in moscow, he is on their payroll working to destabalize Russia under the pretence of fighting corruption. This by the way is where "US aid to Russia" mostly ends up which someone conveniently mentioned earlier, to pay for such projects as well as other NCO's working to rock the boat under good pretences.
edit on 30-7-2017 by Velatropa24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Thanks for your considerate response, you make a few good points there. Nothing I'd argue with.

I'm going to get a peace pipe for you guys n gals now, have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
755 diplomats booted

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
755 diplomats booted

twitter.com...

Oh dear - that is pretty severe.
Europe pi**ed off too because of Congress's isolationism.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

755 diplomats booted

twitter.com...

Oh dear - that is pretty severe.
Europe pi**ed off too because of Congress's isolationism.

Russia reduced US diplomat numbers to what Russia is restricted to in the US. Europe is pissed because the US sanctioned more russian energy sector components, some of which effect europe.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

755 diplomats booted

twitter.com...

That's quite a lot of diplomats.....

Like I said in my OP, if Trump had just given back the dachas then this could have been avoided.

Oh well, be prepared for an unnecessary round of retaliation and posturing now......

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

755 diplomats booted

twitter.com...
755 out of the total of 1200 government employees there in Russia is a big hit.

They have until September 1st to pack their bags Furniture Etc and leave.

At least Putin is giving our people time to pack and get out. Obama kicked Russians out so fast in December that they left their clothes and computers and lots of other things here in America
edit on 7/30/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I wonder what else Russia can do to get back. It seems they don't have much leverage not having the kind of massive wealth as America.

Just evicting some diplomats is nothing compared to what the US can do.

edit on 30-7-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They could bomb America backed rebels in Syria. Then again, that would give America carte blanche to bomb SAA. It would result in millions of Syrians getting killed by their bomber jets.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Peeple

War is coming.

That's the last thing any rational person would want.

How about the USA just give the properties back, then actually start treating Russia with respect? There is no reason beyond an archaic political machination that the USA and Russia need be adversaries.

Your absolutely right. This goes deeper than the real estate. The US is trying to starve Russia.

WAR? We all hope not but have to realize Russia ultimately is the one being attacked. Obama for years circled the county with bases. The NOBEL peace prize winner.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Misterlondon

No I am just interested in what people who swallowed my hook poop out.
I am German with Russian roots, the problem to me is clearly the US.
Funny, not?

Because in the end it alsways comes down to the same. Pretending to be in control, demonstrate strength and marking territories. That is how humanity works since it emerged, at least to my knowledge.

And I fear this won't change until in one way or the other we will exterminate ourselves. Or at least close to it.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: tadaman

What?

It is not my judgement.

It is not supposition.

Russia acted against the United States.

It does not mean physical war.

It does not mean Trump and co. did anything wrong.

It means Russia did bad things to us and we imposed sanctions for it. Now in return for those sanctions Russia is expelling some of our diplomats.

I would say Russia acted on things in its own interest. In Syria, it was the US trying to overthrow a legal government for its own geopolitical selfish purposes, and Russia came to the aid of Syria.

In other words these interests your referring to weren’t legitimately US interests just aggressive attacks on others.

Same thing with the Ukraine, Russia is bordered by this country; again, the US meddled there aggressively

How would the US feel if Russia meddled with Canada or Mexico?

The only thing that isn’t clear is on the election front, where MAYBE Russia is guilty.

However, America has interfered with so many other countries they have a lot of gall to get on Russia in this regard

Not to mention since Obama the US has been surrounding Russia with military bases all over

Look folks, this isn’t funny, these two countries together have over 14, 000 nuclear devices.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi

Funny, not?

Because in the end it alsways comes down to the same. Pretending to be in control, demonstrate strength and marking territories. That is how humanity works since it emerged, at least to my knowledge.

And I fear this won't change until in one way or the other we will exterminate ourselves. Or at least close to it.

I actually think that up until now Russia gas displayed extraordinary patience, composure and a willingness to sit down and talk things out with the USA. And for that I highly respect Putin, Lavrov et al.

It is the USA who are blindly going down a path of no return here, with congress passing yet more sanctions for Russia just last week. And all in aid of what?

Trump had the better idea - remove all sanctions and talk it out with Putin to get a resolution. Like I have said earlier - we may need to admit that Crimea is actually happy being part of Russia and deal with it. Syria is a lose - lose situation, but Russia does have a very good peace plan for it. We just have to admit that Assad with stay in power until the war is over and then allow elections and the people to speak for themselves.

The USA at some point is going to have to admit that it is not always right on every single issue and that using force to get it's own way is not always the way forward. Because it leads to things like this.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Please no one is attacking Russia. They used this lame excuse to many times. Every time they invade a country they claim somehow they were being attacked. Even though they have had the vastly superior military. Look at Ukraine they went in to a foreign country and took territory.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Something called the deep state wants this strife with Russia, imo.

Now, because of the election, they have the democrats hating Russia. The gop, despite Trump, were always Russia haters.

Some people like Paul Craig Roberts indentifies the neocons as the culprits

This situation is a war mongers dream

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Logically some action needs to be taken to prevent further action. They have been caught red handed by several countries trying to manipulate elections. If they want sanctions to end its easy enough sit down and discuss giving back Ukraine territory.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi

Funny, not?

I actually think that up until now Russia gas displayed extraordinary patience, composure and a willingness to sit down and talk things out with the USA. And for that I highly respect Putin, Lavrov et al.

It is the USA who are blindly going down a path of no return here, with congress passing yet more sanctions for Russia just last week. And all in aid of what?

Trump had the better idea - remove all sanctions and talk it out with Putin to get a resolution. Like I have said earlier - we may need to admit that Crimea is actually happy being part of Russia and deal with it. Syria is a lose - lose situation, but Russia does have a very good peace plan for it. We just have to admit that Assad with stay in power until the war is over and then allow elections and the people to speak for themselves.

The USA at some point is going to have to admit that it is not always right on every single issue and that using force to get it's own way is not always the way forward. Because it leads to things like this.

Whithout a single doubt. But you always get to a point where the one being bullied either retaliates or gets crushed.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Velatropa24

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Velatropa24

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: Xcathdra

It still does not give the USA legal powers under international law to seize the properties. Furthermore, it seems right there in the article that the seizure was a technical invasion of another country's land.

I can pretty much guarantee that the USA will do the same in Russia now that they are taking back a couple of properties too. It's a known thing that embassies are places where secrets are kept.

None of what your article states provides proof that there was every any useful evidence that clearly pins blame on Russia for election interference. It simply laments that the Russians got mad and broke stuff to ensure they will never find out. The article insinuates that they were expecting to find a trove of documents next to a half drunk cup of coffee entitled "Operation Trumpski for President"

Remember, suspicion alone is never proof.

The suspicions were founded and as such were justified. And since russia invades other countries like crimea they have no room to complain until they hand that back.

But Xcathdra is correct and has posted the legal information. you are wrong .

Explain to me, sinse when was Crimea a country, son?

I am still waiting for Kosovo to be handed back. Some how don't see that happening. And do you really want to start talking about invading countries, being from US? The double standards never cease to amaze me.

No need Xcath did that for me it seems. And I am not your son. How dare you call me such a thing. If i had a father like you id disown myself and change my name. Kosovo btw was ethnically cleansing and deserved what they got.
Im almost 40 btw. Son my Arse.

Yeah, and what is happening in Ukraine isn't ethnic cleansing or genocide? They deserve it only when it fits US interests it seems. Like I said before, the double standards never cease to amaze me.

Fighting off russian backed rebels isnt genocide or ethnic cleansing. The Russians in ukraine have pushed out the ethnic ukes quite a bit though. That vote was no more fair than a election for supreme leader in iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join