It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to expel US displomats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Who can blame them, American diplomacy is about making impossible demands, threatening war, sanctioning Russian economy,. The most recent sanctions are for "meddling with the election", an excuse to keep up the same cold war pressure to isolate and contain Russia from competing on the world stage, economically.

Its less about 'raising tension' than just ceasing to playing along with the wests game of control and domination of the whole world.

In fact they are showing amazing patience and control despite NATO's military buildup along their border, economic sanctions and the demonization of everything Russian in the world press.

The west hopes they will lose control and become provoked to some act the West can then use as further excuse. They haven't so far, why the west is ratcheting up with sanctions, citing meddling in elections. If there is no actual crime we will makes something up.

The spoiled sports are in the west. Russia is handing them back.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: markosity1973

War is coming.

That's the last thing any rational person would want.

How about the USA just give the properties back, then actually start treating Russia with respect? There is no reason beyond an archaic political machination that the USA and Russia need be adversaries.

That would just prove he is putin's puppet if he gave it back, right?

Collusion and all that good BS.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well its a few hundred less goverment empoyees the USA has to pay for so YAY for budget cuts!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Oh come on now, even fake news CNN has admitted that the Russian interference thing is a and i quote; "Big fat nothing burger"

That's not true. The Russian interference thing is well established. The Russians interfered in the US 2016 Presidential Election, and Obama expelled Russian "spies" and confiscated 2 Russian complexes, and then imposed financial sanctions. All the while, Trump is claiming and blaming Obama for doing nothing.

Now, the US Congress has strengthened sanctions against Russian, and there is absolutely nothing that Trump can do about it. Putin is not reacting to Trump, by expelling these American's from Russia, he's reacting to the Congressional Bill sitting on Trump's desk, hoping that he'll veto it. Doing so will just make more trouble for Trump in regards to his "Russian problem", though, in the long run.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

Yep!

Damned if do, damned if don't.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The chance of war is high now. I dont know. Our leaders failed.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

The bill is also veto proof. This is one thing Trump can't be held to account for (other than his seemingly willingness to go easy on Putin), good or bad.

What's sad is that Trump supporters have no idea why the sanctions bill was drawn up. They've been twisted into knots and can't follow Russiagate even in it's simplest outline.
edit on 7/29/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Trump opposition has been spreding hard line anti Russian propaganda with no regard for consequences to international relations.

If war breaks out I will hold each propagandist responsible like neocons for Vietnam.

edit on 7 29 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The bill is also veto proof.

Only so much that the Senate has the votes to override his veto, and if he did, it would open a whole 'nother can of worms. House passes Russia sanctions bill, setting up veto dilemma for Trump

Trump is in a no win situation here!
edit on 29-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Oh come on now, even fake news CNN has admitted that the Russian interference thing is a and i quote; "Big fat nothing burger"

That's not true. The Russian interference thing is well established. The Russians interfered in the US 2016 Presidential Election, and Obama expelled Russian "spies" and confiscated 2 Russian complexes, and then imposed financial sanctions.

All the while, Trump is claiming and blaming Obama for doing nothing.

Now, the US Congress has strengthened sanctions against Russian, and there is absolutely nothing that Trump can do about it. Putin is not reacting to Trump, by expelling these American's from Russia, he's reacting to the Congressional Bill sitting on Trump's desk, hoping that he'll veto it. Doing so will just make more trouble for Trump in regards to his "Russian problem", though, in the long run.

Why wasn't this said when it happened and Trump tied to it right then?

Because it wasn't for the reasons you claim.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

time to get new buildings. maybe Trump and Putin just wanted a new place lol

and the spooks are most definitely still in Russia and the US

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's so ironic to hear American right-wingers banging on about "anti-Russian propaganda."

Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Let's just ignore the fact that these sanctions were set by the US Congress, controlled by the Republican Party, eh?

#eyerollsaren'tenough

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Trump opposition has been spreding hard line anti Russian propaganda with no regard for consequences to international relations.

If war breaks out I will hold each propagandist responsible like neocons for Vietnam.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't get the real issue here.

Russia is guilty of several things.

Russia is guilty of several things whether or not Trump, his campaign or anyone in his campaign colluded with them.

You should be able to separate the two but you can't because you're being told that anything negative said about Russia is fake news designed to attack Trump. That's a lie.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

What are you talking about?
Obama expels 35 Russian diplomats in retaliation for US election hacking

The Obama administration on Thursday announced its retaliation for Russian efforts to interfere with the US presidential election, ordering sweeping new sanctions that included the expulsion of 35 Russians.

US intelligence services believe Russia ordered cyber-attacks on the Democratic National Committee (DNC), Hillary Clinton’s campaign and other political organizations, in an attempt to influence the election in favor of the Republican candidate, Donald Trump.

In a statement issued two weeks after the president said he would respond to cyber-attacks by Moscow “at a time and place of our choosing”, Obama said Americans should “be alarmed by Russia’s actions” and pledged further action.

“I have issued an executive order that provides additional authority for responding to certain cyber activity that seeks to interfere with or undermine our election processes and institutions, or those of our allies or partners,” Obama said.......

"Using this new authority, I have sanctioned nine entities and individuals: the GRU and the FSB, two Russian intelligence services; four individual officers of the GRU; and three companies that provided material support to the GRU’s cyber operations.

“In addition, the secretary of the treasury is designating two Russian individuals for using cyber-enabled means to cause misappropriation of funds and personal identifying information.” He also announced the closure of two Russian compounds in the US.

Obama added that more actions would be taken, “some of which will not be publicized”.

edit on 29-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You don't get the real issue here.

Russia is guilty of several things.

Russia is guilty of several things whether or not Trump, his campaign or anyone in his campaign colluded with them.

You should be able to separate the two but you can't because you're being told that anything negative said about Russia is fake news designed to attack Trump. That's a lie.

...if Russia is guilty of several things, USA is guilty of many many more. How can any intelligent person not see that?

The real issue here is that Russia is one of a handful of countries that are truily sovereign and independent of USA, and unlike most, there is nothing USA can do about it. That mare fact is driving USA's sociopathic elite up the wall. They don't sleep well.

It is as simple as that my friends, everything else is effects of the cause.
edit on 29-7-2017 by Velatropa24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Listen, judge jury and executioner.

I am not Crimean. Or Ukranian. Or Syrian.

God bless them all.

But now I see. I get it. World police no, world judge yes?

I dont want war with Russia. Check yourselves.

edit on 7 29 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Listen, judge jury and executioner.

I am not Crimean. Or Ukranian. Or Syrian.

God bless them all.

But now I see. I get it. World police no, world judge yes?

I dont want war with Russia. Check yourselves.

Crimeans are happier then ever being a part of Russia these days. But yeah, your general idea is good. Star for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Usually, aren't diplomats expelled right before armed conflict. North Korea's boldness is starting to make sense now; they are in cahoots with Russia/ China.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The chance of war is high now. I dont know. Our leaders failed.

And don't forget, McCain wants a big WAR, while he's still coherent enough to enjoy it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join