It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rashan Charles death: Protesters throw fireworks at police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Fireworks and bottles were hurled at riot police and mattresses set on fire at a protest in Hackney, east London over the death of Rashan Charles.

The 20-year-old was chased by officers in the borough on 22 July.

He was apprehended in a shop and then tried to swallow an object but died later in hospital, the Met Police said.

Protesters gathered in Kingsland Road, Dalston, with some holding Black Lives Matter placards, before violence broke out at about 20:00 BST.

Rashan Charles death: Protesters throw fireworks at police

Well, looks like the BLM crew may be quiet in the US, but are getting vocal over the pond in London. In typical fashion, street riots and clashed with police are going on now. For those ATS members in the area:

Could you provide some local commentary on this incident?
Is this an area that typically has a high crime rate?
Was this Rashan Charles a known criminal or just a man in the wrong place at the wrong time?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

This idiot swallows his drugs, dies and somehow its the fault of the police. ooooook.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But it is enough for the BLM faithful to start riots in the streets it seems. After all, in the US, if you rob a convenience store, strong-arm the owner, flee from police, resist arrest, and attack the officer, it is also the police's fault he gets shot according to the BLM.

Has this happened there before I wonder?

SMH.
edit on 7/28/2017 by Krakatoa because: added futrher thoughts

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Does Soros fly them across the pond to London like he does here or is this an organic protest? I am thinking the former.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Who chucks fireworks at police and lights mattresses on fire?
Do these people not have Moms or Grandmas that should have told them that there are homeless people without mattresses and fireworks?

My Grandma woulda kicked my ass if I wasted fireworks and mattresses like that.

edit on 2017-07-29T00:20:11-05:002201729America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: grandma

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Here is a Link to a video of the riots.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Has it happened in the US before? absolutely. Where do you think the morons in the UK get their stupid ass sense of morality other than from their equally stupid american cousins.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Morning,

Yep I know the area very well and work there from time to time..

The crime rate is very very high and respect for any authority is very very low. knife crime is a massive problem as is the current trend of scooter theft and robbery by scooter due to the "no pursuit policy" that the Met Police had to adopt due to the absurd notion that criminals should not be put in harms way after they have commited an offence, the drugs situation is something else that would be note worthy and is at such a level that I would not know where to even start.

The long and short of it is that many people in that area have a massive chip on their shoulder and will blame every short coming on someone else rather than face reality that it is maybe a community that is causing these issues.

This was the same area that saw the Bus knife attack a few months ago where a member of the public disarmed a lunatic that stormed a bus with a machete.

I would think many people would not expect London to have a area such as this, I have travelled to many places in the world some good, others bad and others down right dangerous, this local area or parts of it have a feeling that it could be from a failed state.

RA

(post by Denoli removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Does Soros fly them across the pond to London like he does here or is this an organic protest? I am thinking the former.

He doesn't need to fly them in but there are signs of his influence in the UK.

Since the EU exit referendum I've noticed things moving in that direction. Unfortunately, he is not as well known over here and there are plenty of people opposed to exit who will end up being used as cover for him.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If it keeps pissing down the riots will stop. Rain, public order's staunchest ally.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A man quoted on the BBC said this

One man who was at the protest told the BBC the protesters were "angry and confused" because they were "not being represented".

He suggested young people were "living in fear", adding they "don't understand how to live, how to make money, how to work for what they want", with some "forced into" situations such as selling drugs or carrying knives.

What a lazy get out, too stupid to work but clever enough to sell drugs and FORCED in to stealing and crime. Lets look at the options, hard work, not so great wage but legal or do crime like drug dealing, make great cash and get the odd slap on the wrist.....But lets remember they are FORCED in to this....Yeah right..

Its disgusting that yet again I'm seeing lazy bastards who rob, attack and sell drugs use a death to go on a rampage of violence and I doubt that last night will be a one off, there's too many shops around the area with goods these scumbags want for free.

I used to live in Dalston on the Queenbridge road tower blocks and back in the 70's / 80's and it was a pretty happy mostly black area but the whites like me were never given a hard time, we ALL (black and white) played footy together and hung out, although drug dealing happened it wasn't in your face. I recently drove through Dalston and it was a MESS, groups of blokes hanging out side houses just like you see in the American video's in gangs dealing openly.

What also gets me is the BLM folk, straight out like a rash and totally forgetting all the facts like he was a drug dealer, a known one, he ran from Police after a car stop, he took his own gear and shoved it in his mouth and swallowed it despite VERY CLEAR CCTV of the cop trying to get it out of his mouth. Instead the BLM version is that he was beaten up and forced to take the drugs and its the beating that killed him because that is what the Police wanted.

What a crock of Horse dung...

Their BS agenda spreading here in the UK and then being used by the gangs to erupt in violence and I suspect the looting will follow shortly.

This idiot died because of his lifestyle and rather idiotic idea of swallowing his gear...

Result, idiotic suicide...

I remember the riots over the shooting of another known armed offender in Tottenham, some people peacefully protested while gangs from around my estate were communicating on their blackberry network phone and organising riots and looting, its what everyone was doing over parts of the UK. This wasn't protest it was organised crime, I truly expect this weekend to see more of the same..

edit on 29-7-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Has it happened in the US before? absolutely. Where do you think the morons in the UK get their stupid ass sense of morality other than from their equally stupid american cousins.

We dont summary execute unarmed people. So yeah we get to be our sense of morality

Stop shooting unarmed people and us Brits will back off.

As for the riot? Stupid is stupid. Our black Community dont know how lucky they are compared to the USA.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Hacky just needs nuking. Its pretty much the Detriot of the UK. Only things in it are poverty and Crime.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Yeah saw that.

I got a better idea.

But down the knife, stop taking drugs and instead STUDY IN SCHOOL GO TO UNIVERISTY GET AND GET A GOOD JOB!

top topics

join