It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain's Floor Statement on Need for Bipartisanship 7-25-17

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: UKTruth

No, I didn't "fall for words." I am asking people what they think about those words as those words were the roadmap back to sanity in the Senate.

Ok...maybe a little. I'm a sucker for a well-thought speech rather than blurts and tweets, especially when those verbal purgings are meant to cause chaos and are packed with lies...

*shrugs*

The speech was excellent.
He didn't actually mean any of it though, as he did the complete opposite of what he said he would do directly after the speech.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yeah. I know.

A girl can dream though...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

No, I didn't "fall for words." I am asking people what they think about those words as those words were the roadmap back to sanity in the Senate.

Ok...maybe a little. I'm a sucker for a well-thought speech rather than blurts and tweets, especially when those verbal purgings are meant to cause chaos and are packed with lies...

*shrugs*

He didn't actually mean any of it though, as he did the complete opposite of what he said he would do directly after the speech.

Maybe he meant it after all, no?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I agree with Senator McCain [never thought I'd type that)

Governments should govern and Presidents should show a lead not rule by diktat , the lives and deaths of US citizens are a stake and the government should work together to find the right way forward.

I wish him well.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So don't just whip on here and say "boo McCain" or something, please listen and give your opinion after. I would like to know if the "better angels of our nature" can rise up, even in these blisteringly partisan times, to overcome and equalize our governmental powers and processes.

John McCain has been talking out of his ass for 30 years. We've heard him say these exact words numerous times in the past, and always as a scrambling defense for some scenario in which he has voted in defiance of a colleague or in retaliation to some phantom enemy he's targeted. John McCain doesn't mean the words he says on that video, he's trying (once again) to cover his ass against criticism and justified anger against him and his, as usual, "who slipped a few thousand buck into the Maverick's pocket?" bizarre voting record.

I also have to wonder if this vote was in exchange for the "donations" George Soros made to McCain's 'institute.'
dailycaller.com...
That would go a long ways towards explaining why a man who was voted into office specifically on the promise of voting to get rid of the ACA just did exactly the opposite, bald face lying to the constituents who voted for them and stealing their votes along with their voices and now their hard earned money which will continue to be forcibly taken from them to fund Kept Voter initiatives like the ACA.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

Wached this earlier today. Wasn't impressed. This is probably his last floor speech. Did see a cartoon that summed today up.

Anyone who supports the phrase "RINO" is an American In Name Only.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

if the left and right of center would come together, we'd might actually get a decent health bill.
it's probably the only way we're gonna get a decent health bill...

This is probably going to eventually happen when the moderate conservatives wake up and realize there is no dealing with the extremists in their party.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The cynicism is strong in this one, said Lord Vader.

I think it's because he just got a death sentence. That tends to reorient one's priorities quite a bit.

I do understand, though. It would be so amazing to have a speech like that be sincere and true, that it's just downright hard to believe.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

*shrugs*

I doubt it - he voted YAY for a repeal and replace.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

*shrugs*

True. Was that before his surgery? Before his own diagnosis?

I think he had a come to Jesus moment, myself. He knew he had the chance to stop the Senate from destroying itself as much as anything. His vote was against the insanity of the process, not the idea of healthcare reform.

He was thinking in terms of legacy. That can change how you do things.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

*shrugs*

True. Was that before his surgery? Before his own diagnosis?

I think he had a come to Jesus moment, myself. He knew he had the chance to stop the Senate from destroying itself as much as anything. His vote was against the insanity of the process, not the idea of healthcare reform.

He was thinking in terms of legacy. That can change how you do things.

No, it was directly after his speech. He voted for the repeal and replace bill.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It was after his surgery. He voted move it forward, perhaps to allow them a chance to make a different choice?

Technically, he voted on a senate procedural matter — on whether or not the bill satisfied budget rules. And on Tuesday, McCain’s aide pressed that he did not vote for the bill, but rather in favor of opening the amendment process.

They didnt listen so he blocked them from ramming it all the way through.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Oh god. I would say to him "Go die old man". Mcain has been a typical filthy career politician.

Should have died in nam

Pig is a poster child for the need for term limmits.

edit on 7 29 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join