It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba is a part of the "Axis Of Evil"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

or who have the potential to pursue weapons of mass destruction (WMD)

LMFAO looks like Australia is in deep # by that criteria

"Australia is part of an Axis of evil, they have KMD Kangaroos of mass destruction !

Bush needs to get a grip! The "axis of evil" will be everywhere outside the US at this rate!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
but it seems Condi put them in the same category.
Yes, the axis of evil and those other countries together are a set of 'outposts of tyranny' or 'rogue states'. Iran and North Korean can be 'bad' and Cuba can be 'bad' without all of them being on the axis of evil.

the undersecretary didn't but Condoleezza seemed to not exclude them from being a part of the axis of evil.

The language of the quoted section clearly sates that cuba, belarus, the two axis of evil countries, and others, are 'outposts of tyranny'. Amoung the tyrant outposts, as a smaller group, is the axis of evil, iran and Nk, not cuba or anyone else.

Here let me quote the part I am putting emphasis on, "as well as Cuba, Belarus, Zimbabwe and Myanmar."

Yes, the axis of evil, as well as other countries, are 'bad'. That does not make the other 'bad' countries members of the axis of evil.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And none of that concerns you? That we label them "bad" while we are doing transactions with other countries equally as "bad"?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Cuba is 'bad' tho, so no, it doesn't concern me. What states does the US work with that are 'bad' also? Saudi Arabia? But they've agreed to, and have, cracked down on terrorists and loosen up on their civil rights violations. Saudi Arabia also doesn't have, as its ideological basis, a requirement to destroy the united states. Cuba, being a promoter of internationalist communism, does. So the US can either work with an absolutist monarchy that is at least trying to reform and is willing to work with the US, or it can work with an obstructionist totalitarian government that is not trying to reform. Also, Saudi Arabia has an issue with its public, they don't trust america, they themselves are difficult to work with. Putting Saudi Arabia won't advance US interests at all, it would result in international isolation of the Saudi State, make any cooperation or crackdown on its part look like a sign of either extreme weakness (which would lead to revolt) or collaboration (which will lead to revolt). Isolating Cuba, despite everything, has not resulted in the Cuban people hating america and its reduced funding and legitimacey for the castro government, funding and legitimacey that when they did have they used to export the internationalist communist revolution abroad.

Or what about pakistan, Musharaf overthrew the democratic government and installed a military dictatorship right? But the democratic government was utterly corrupt and had resulted in a curtailment of democracy and a geostrategically unstable situation. Musharraf, while dictator, is not a totalitarian, and is not even an absolutist monarch, he operates the country by being a good leader and is able to also crack down on islamist radicalism in the region.

So why shouldn't the United States put Cuba on a 'rogue state' list? Its clearly a rogue state, while Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, while not democratic, are not 'rogue states' and are working to reform.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You win, whatever, I give up. I don't care anymore, why should I? It really doesn't matter to me.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Reported on MSNBC, North Korea said it had Nuclear Weapons because Condelezzaa said it was, "an outpost of tyranny". Heard it on MSNBC, don't attack me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join