It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba is a part of the "Axis Of Evil"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
"Beyond the Axis of Evil"

On May 6, 2002 United States Under Secretary of State John Bolton gave a speech entitled "Beyond the Axis of Evil". In it he added three more nations to be grouped with the already mentioned "rogue states": Libya, Syria, and Cuba. The criteria for membership of this group was: "state sponsors of terrorism that are pursuing or who have the potential to pursue weapons of mass destruction (WMD) or have the capability to do so in violation of their treaty obligations". The speech was widely reported as an expansion of the original Axis of Evil. The allegation of Cuban WMD capability was particularly strenuously denied by the Cuban government, and disputed by former president Jimmy Carter who visited the country a week later after being briefed by US officials.

In January 2005, at the beginning of Bush's second term as President, the incoming Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, made a speech regarding the newly termed "Outposts of tyranny", a list of six countries deemed most dangerous and anti-American. This included the two remaining "Axis" members, as well as Cuba, Belarus, Zimbabwe and Myanmar.

( en.wikipedia.org... )

So, how is Cuba a part of the axis of evil? Because we disagree with Fidel Castro and his form of government?

[edit on 7-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nah, US will never touch Cuba it does not have what US is looking for, Oil to be exploited.

Cuba will suffer under Castro until he dies. Then perhaps after that let hope that US help them get over or US will just let another dictator get in power and do nothing about it.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that Cuba is in the "axis of evil", but at the same time putting the policies into perspective, sadly. Sadly because they are poor policies. Just because we disagree with Cuba's form of government and leader.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Cuba is the least of the problems to Bush & Co. That miserable psychopathic tyrant there would like to think so, but the fact is, in no way is he a threat to the US. Whats he going to do? Wrestle Bush?

No. The Bush administration will never touch him. He's not worth it. Not unless all of a sudden we run out of sugar...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Where are the Bush loyalist when the facts are in a thread?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Is cuba part of the axis of evil?
Is castro an evil despotic dictator?
Well have you ever heard of floridians riskng thier lives on an inner tube to get from florida to cuba?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Well have you ever heard of floridians riskng thier lives on an inner tube to get from florida to cuba?

So, are you saying that alone qualifies them to be in the Axis of Evil? Part of the reason they are fleeing Cuba is because of our embargo on them.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The ones actually risking their lives to come by raft are Cubans and Haitians. I am a Cuban American, and it is a sad thing to see your people risking life and limb to leave a dictator. They have no navigation what so ever they follow the tide. The majority of them are lost or eaten by sharks. Children and old faolks the likes. All because of one person. I will tell u this most people think that the day that SOB dies its gonna be over. His brother Raul is worse than him. It will never end until the people rise up against him. Sad to see such a BEAUTIFUL country in that state. My mother has forbidden me to go there till he dies. The party in Miami the day he dies will be LEGENDARY!!!!!! trust me

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

db
So, how is Cuba a part of the axis of evil? Because we disagree with Fidel Castro and his form of government?

Because he supports and supported communist internationalism. China is communist, but tends to not export revolutionary aggitators beyond its borders, at least not now. Think about Che Guerra, he was an agent of the Castro dictatorship that went to othre countries to set up arm and train revolutionary radical militias that would engage in guerilla warfare against their native state. Thats why Castro under Cuba ranks as a 'rogue nation', its not part of the responsible international community.

I find it hilarious that Cuba is in the "axis of evil",

He said its a rogue state, not a member of the tripartite axis.

marg6043
Nah, US will never touch Cuba it does not have what US is looking for, Oil to be exploited. [/qutoe]
Actually there was an announcement of a large oil field in cuban waters. The US probably figures that the Castro regime is not dangerous enough to destroy and probably has democratic agents ready to move when the old man in havana dies.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bush loyalists? Would you like to inteliigently discuss the state of the world or would you like to throw stupid rocks back and forth? Speaking of rocks...Marg, not everything is covered with oil, you myopic lunatic!
Get past your obsession with Dubya and try and lucidly look at the world. That is to say, get over George, you can't have him. Laura wouldn't allow it!

Now, as far as the topic of discussion, yes, Cuba is part of a larger union to bring down the U.S. This is a union of our old enemies, working in coooperation to damage us economically and eventually destroy us militarily. Russia, China, North Korea, Venesuala, a few countries in Africa and, yes, Cuba. Personally, I'd hate to be forced to bet on the outcome, but I think it looks a bit grim for the U.S. in the future.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Nygdan:

Thats why Castro under Cuba ranks as a 'rogue nation', its not part of the responsible international community.

Ahaha, this brought tears to my eyes I laughed so hard.

Is the United States of America a "part of the responsible international community"? LOL!

The USA under Bush is the DEFINITION of a rogue nation. Ignoring the UN and unilaterally invading a 3rd world country under false pretenses ranks up there as "irresponsible" to the international community, no?

Illegal trade embargos, propping up military dictatorships, training South American despots and letting them loose on their people, engineering coups on democratic nations(Chile)....

Has Cuba EVER done ANYTHING that compares to the absolute disdain that the US shows to the rest of the world? No way.

Get a grip.

jako

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Apparently, Jakko, you aren't a student of history. You are also continuing the same old worn out hippie lines of how evil the U.S. is. Maybe you've even missed recent history, so let me catch you up on it. The country we took for oil has just recently had an election, and that election revealed that Iraq will probably become another anti-American Islamic theocracy. We haven't stolen any of their oil or any other thing, and if all goes as I expect, that country's government will quickly feel no debt to us and will shaft us at every turn as it seems most other nations enjoy doing.

By the way, Jakka, just how many battle groups did your favorite despotic nations (yeah, your side's despotic nations wrote the book on torture and murder) send the help anti-American nations devastated by the recent tsunami?

Here's a good idea for you; you get a grip.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Nygdan:

Thats why Castro under Cuba ranks as a 'rogue nation', its not part of the responsible international community.

Ahaha, this brought tears to my eyes I laughed so hard.

Is the United States of America a "part of the responsible international community"?

Of course. It faces no sanctions is under no embargos and gets no censures on it from the international community. Its a part of it de facto

Ignoring the UN and unilaterally invading a 3rd world country

War is not illegal. The UN did not resolve that the US couldn't go to war, did not sanction the US for doing so, and the US has not been censured for it.

Has Cuba EVER done ANYTHING that compares to the absolute disdain that the US shows to the rest of the world? No way.

Cuba does all the things you mention above. Its visciousness is entirely out of proportion relative to its power. Therefore, the US can rightfully list it as a rouge nation. Obviously the US isn't going to consider itself a rogue nation or put itself on a 'bad guy' list.

Cuba can equally do the same to the US. Hell, the rest of the world can do the same. It doesn't.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nygdan, cool as a cucumber, you are, and correct, as well.

People seem to forget that Cuba's military has been off the Cuban island on many occasions in order to support or spread communism.

Today, Cuba is in no shape to conduct such activities, although it does have its fingers in the drug business and is logistically valuable to U.S. enemies.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Today, Cuba is in no shape to conduct such activities

I suspect that if it can gain venezualan support and financial backing that it can become very active again.

However, its completely open to US invasion. The US wouldn't do it with the SU backing it, and an invasion now would be in poor taste. I doubt Castro wants to go down fighting the yankee imperialists. Self interest will keep him 'peacable' hopefully and upon his death/assasination the US can move to install/promote a democratic gov. Heck, from what I undestand, Cuba would become a very attractive place, with good economic potential. Might force the Porto Ricans to adopt statehood in order to compete.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
This is a union of our old enemies, working in coooperation to damage us economically and eventually destroy us militarily. Russia, China, North Korea, Venesuala, a few countries in Africa and, yes, Cuba. Personally, I'd hate to be forced to bet on the outcome, but I think it looks a bit grim for the U.S. in the future.

Typical American Paranoia at work. Russia, possibly. But lets look at why, possibly because we sent the Muhajadeen to kill Russian soldiers prior to our "war on terror". China and North Korea because we oppose their leaderships because we to choose to oppose instead co-operate thereby effectively destroying any rational ways to co-operate with them. Our problem is that we try to slap countries with our external parts, figuratively speaking. Remember our failed bay of pigs attempt and various assasination attempts on Castro, could that be why he is a rogue country?

And Venezuela, could the leadership of Venezuela dislike us because we tried to interfere with their elections and immediatly didn't like the current leadership once they took office.

Could it be that by throwing dung at everyone we occasionally step in remnants of our dung, then blame our stepping in dung on everyone else for leaving the dung there?

And lets not forget Rumsfield personally greeting Saddam Hussein when he was considered an ally after we sold him WMD's.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

[edit on 8-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It seems as though many of you would support an invasion of Cuba. It is a soverign nation and does not pose a threat to us, yet many of you would support an invasion, correct?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I will say that I personally don't think Cuba is much of a threat. However, we do have a sorted past with them and some hurt feelings so I suspect that is how they made the little list. I would think the biggest fear from Cuba would be them aligning themselves with Iran or another country that would like to launch a nuke at us but don't have the long range distance yet. Cuba could be a lovely terrorist base with quick access to the USA if it wanted to.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As an island nation, Cuba has been relatively easy to contain. In cases where it has tried to export it's communist system to other nations or has otherwise been more threatening (i.e. Cuban missile crisis) the U.S. hasn't hesitated to intervene.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe you'd like to read a bit of the Russo-Sino allegiance of today, see how much military hardware has been sold to China, etc.
As far as Venesuala, that government was against the U.S. before the attempted coup. Might you think there was a reason for the attempted coup? Remember, cart, horse, put in proper order.....

By the way, you've jumped to the conclusion that we are in favor of a Cuban invasion? You are right. I am paranoid. ignorance and foolishness is very dangerous, and I find that I am surrounded by it nowadays. Yes, you may take that as a shot across your bow, but take it as a joking one. On a serious note, I do believe we are in deep crap, the last administration saw fit to set us up for attacks through its weakness and greed, and this one is seeing for to move around the world without a very good plan, snapping like an injured dog. Meanwhile, our enemies are learning ways to disable both our smart bombs and our cruise missiles, while at the same time preparing to overwhelm the ABM system with many warheads mixed with dummy ones on hidden launch platforms.
Lovely. But its okay as the Superbowl went off without a hitch. Or a wardrobe malfunction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join