It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba is a part of the "Axis Of Evil"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's a matter of electoral votes, plain & simple. Those MidWestern agro-business states? THey want Cuba opened up to US exports. Trade there could tremendously offset our trade deficit.
But, Florida's a big state & has many electoral votes, they also have a powerbloc in the Cuban community that is so staunchly Republican, they make Thomas Crowne look like Al Sharpton!
Truth be told, if we want an overthrow of the system, we just have to open up trade with them, and stop making only Castro rich with our sanctions/embargos.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the comparison, BT; I happen to like Al Sharpton!

By the way, paranoia, it was suggested? Here's a bit of interesting AP news:
WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. administration lashed out at China before an international audience Monday for not stopping its munitions companies from selling missile technology to Iran and other countries.

Speaking to a conference in Tokyo sponsored by Japan, U.S. undersecretary of state John Bolton said President George W. Bush's administration would move aggressively to suspend business with companies that provide sensitive weapons technology to Iran and other countries seeking to build weapons of mass destruction.
www.canada.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Maybe you'd like to read a bit of the Russo-Sino allegiance of today, see how much military hardware has been sold to China, etc.
As far as Venesuala, that government was against the U.S. before the attempted coup. Might you think there was a reason for the attempted coup? Remember, cart, horse, put in proper order.....

By the way, you've jumped to the conclusion that we are in favor of a Cuban invasion? You are right. I am paranoid. ignorance and foolishness is very dangerous, and I find that I am surrounded by it nowadays. Yes, you may take that as a shot across your bow, but take it as a joking one. On a serious note, I do believe we are in deep crap, the last administration saw fit to set us up for attacks through its weakness and greed, and this one is seeing for to move around the world without a very good plan, snapping like an injured dog. Meanwhile, our enemies are learning ways to disable both our smart bombs and our cruise missiles, while at the same time preparing to overwhelm the ABM system with many warheads mixed with dummy ones on hidden launch platforms.
Lovely. But its okay as the Superbowl went off without a hitch. Or a wardrobe malfunction.

LOL! I loved your post, insightful. I see what you are saying. I am glad you clarified your position. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Thanks for the comparison, BT; I happen to like Al Sharpton!

By the way, paranoia, it was suggested? Here's a bit of interesting AP news:
WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. administration lashed out at China before an international audience Monday for not stopping its munitions companies from selling missile technology to Iran and other countries.

Speaking to a conference in Tokyo sponsored by Japan, U.S. undersecretary of state John Bolton said President George W. Bush's administration would move aggressively to suspend business with companies that provide sensitive weapons technology to Iran and other countries seeking to build weapons of mass destruction.
www.canada.com...

Okay, but this is the same adminstration that believed "Iraq is an imminent threat to the United States. Iraq and Saddam Hussein possess weapons of mass destruction." I find a big credibility gap in anything the administration says about anything they say. Sorry, I just can't believe anything they say or do because "fool me once.........the point is ya can't fool me again."---Sorry, its a lame but effective cheap shot....Sorry.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Never happen, from Prescott Senior, to envoy/frontman GHW B, to make a fake partner of Neil ( sitting presidents brother) in the partnership with the HEAD BANANA OF RED CHINA, to uncle Prescott ( of a sitting president) negotiating with them while they held our spy plane & crew.......Bush's love China MORE than they love Saudi Shieks.....and THAT's MUCH LUV!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Division Bell
And lets not forget Rumsfield personally greeting Saddam Hussein when he was considered an ally after we sold him WMD's.

What does that have to do with Cuba being included on a US list of rogue states?

It seems as though many of you would support an invasion of Cuba.

So because some people recognize cuba as an 'exporter of' rebellion and terror they have to support an invasion of cuba?

I will say that I personally don't think Cuba is much of a threat.

Its not so much re:threat, as much as, is this nation one that listens to the dictates of the UN and international establishment, does it or does it not participate in the global economy, does it support radicals in other countries, does it arms them, does it respect human rights, all those things put Cuba onto a list of 'Rogue States'.

but this is the same adminstration that believed "Iraq is an imminent threat to the United States. Iraq and Saddam Hussein possess weapons of mass destruction."

So you contend that Cuba did not send agents to other countries to foment and support rebellion and did not accept nukes from russia? Che Geura never existed and the like?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

What does that have to do with Cuba being included on a US list of rogue states?

It shows the hypocrisy of our adminstration. Thus, their intentions should be carefully analyzed in every situation. So, in a way, it has everything to do with the topic.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It seems as though many of you would support an invasion of Cuba.

So because some people recognize cuba as an 'exporter of' rebellion and terror they have to support an invasion of cuba?

Put in back in context. It seemed as though many people might, therfore I put the question forward. Get a grip.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

but this is the same adminstration that believed "Iraq is an imminent threat to the United States. Iraq and Saddam Hussein possess weapons of mass destruction."

So you contend that Cuba did not send agents to other countries to foment and support rebellion and did not accept nukes from russia? Che Geura never existed and the like?

No, if I believed that then I would've posted that, but I didn't, did I? Quit making illogical statements without realizing the contextual meaning behind what I am saying. My point is this adminstration cannot be trusted, and I was responding to a post about the Under Secretary and his trip to China which was quoted in that post. So, QUIT TAKING MY WORDS OUT OF CONTEXT!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
NO!

Cuba is part of the "we neutralized them ages ago but we need a reason to go to war every 5 years" axis of not so evil!

Get real man even the great soviet ruissian threat peaked (according to US stats) in the 60's but i still remeber learing how scary the reds werere in the 80's.
The US milked it for all of 20 years and is STILL OCCFUPYING EUROPE 15 years after the soviets went home!!

Getting back to Cuba... the US embargo will make sure it wont go anywhere fast irrelevant of who or what is in power there, to then claim it poses a threat is risable.

[edit on 8/2/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Is cuba part of the axis of evil?
Is castro an evil despotic dictator?
Well have you ever heard of floridians riskng thier lives on an inner tube to get from florida to cuba?

Have you ever heard of a Cuban embargo against florida that made living there so unbearable?

No?

Oh.. neither had I...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Is Castro an evil dictator? yes, i think so-

Is Castro a threat to the US? NO. He's contained and has no place to go.

And he'll remain that way until he dies.

Thomas,
this country isnt lacking in sugar so no, nothing will be done to Castro. This country will not go after him unless a gush of oil is spotted by the satellites.

Cuba has a dictatorial history that goes way back at least 70 years- Lets not forget Fulgencio Batista prior to Castro. They've always been wannabe communist dictators, never very successful at it. Mickey Mouse communism has never gotten either of them very far. Castro doesnt pose a threat as of this moment- although he'd like to...in his dreams.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is the REAL reason why Cuba is conciderd axis of evil www.vialls.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It shows the hypocrisy of our adminstration.

And how does the US being hypocritical not make Cuba have sent its agents for communist revolution across the world?

My point is this adminstration cannot be trusted

I thought your point was that cuba shouldn't be on a rogue state list, since thats what you were talking about this whole time. So you don't dispute that Cuba should be on the Rogue State list? You agree that the Cuba is infact a rogue state?

CorinthasThe US milked it for all of 20 years and is STILL OCCFUPYING EUROPE

The germans seem quite happy to be occupied. I am sure that they are more confortable with it considering probable russian assasinations attempts and succeses in the Ukraine and Georgia. Either way, they haven't ask that the US leave.

to then claim it poses a threat is risable.

Is it actually claimed as a threat, or as a state that is not part of the modern global order?

Sib Tiger
This is the REAL reason why Cuba is conciderd axis of evil

Cuba is not considered part of the axis of evil.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Nygdan, your ridiculious. Quit it, I'm LMAO at your attempts to make an arguement for the sake of arguement. What is your point? You know what mine is and was. I've already stated the reason, quit be a идиот.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Cuba is not considered part of the axis of evil.

If you'd read my first post, the one making this thread then you'd know it is.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
those who find ones opinions that directly or indirectly oppose or violate theirs will find themselves under attack. As for Cuba as a threat, not a chance but these sanctions against the cuban people are awful.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

If you'd read my first post[...]you'd know it is.

Actually, I did read your first post, heck I've been quoting some of your posts specifically. The undersecretary did not 'add' anyone to the 'axis of evil'. He noted that cuba, along with libya, syria, iran, and others, are 'rogue states'. The Axis of Evil remains Iran and NK now.

You know what mine is and was.

Actually you only made your point a few posts ago, that is, that the US is hypocritical. You started off talking about cuba being 'added' to the 'axis of evil', even tho that didn't happen.

Again, i ask, is cuba, or is cuba not, to be considered a 'rogue state'?

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

Originally posted by mwm1331
Is cuba part of the axis of evil?
Is castro an evil despotic dictator?
Well have you ever heard of floridians riskng thier lives on an inner tube to get from florida to cuba?

Have you ever heard of a Cuban embargo against florida that made living there so unbearable?

No?

Oh.. neither had I...

Corinthas am used to your hate and used to your venom, but I just can't get used to your ignorance.
I am from miami, born and raised.
Growing up many of my close frends were cubans who had taken a chance on freedom, men and women who had given up everything they had ever had known, or loved and risked everything they would ever have, or be including thier own lives, for a longshot chance of makng it to the states. Those cubans who pile on to makeshift rafts, innertubes, and floats that even the hardiest salor wouldnt dream of boarding do so knowing thier chances of survival are less than 1 in 10. I've spoken to them, shared meals and holidays with them, been privaleged enough to share large parts of my life with them, and most importantly listened to them. I've heard thier stories, and listened to ther tales, and while every single one has said the same thing about castro, not one of them has even mentioned the embargo. While the people of cuba suffer, castro lives in mansions, eats the best food, and untill he quit smoking, smoked cigars the cuban people were allowed to make, but couldn't buy. Just as saddam under sanctions was living high on the hog, buildng palaces, and diverting the money that was supposed to be for food into the pockets of himself and any corrupt official he could find, castro uses what scarce resources cuba does have to make his life better, not his peoples.
Let go of your hate corinthas, and stop embracing ignorance.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

In January 2005, at the beginning of Bush's second term as President, the incoming Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, made a speech regarding the newly termed "Outposts of tyranny", a list of six countries deemed most dangerous and anti-American. This included the two remaining "Axis" members, as well as Cuba, Belarus, Zimbabwe and Myanmar.

It's ambigious, but it seems Condi put them in the same category. True, the undersecretary didn't but Condoleezza seemed to not exclude them from being a part of the axis of evil. Here let me quote the part I am putting emphasis on, "as well as Cuba, Belarus, Zimbabwe and Myanmar."

[edit on 9-2-2005 by The Division Bell]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join