It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Descendants 2" Disney now pushing the worst sort of corrupting trash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
"Descendants " and "Descendants 2" are made-for-TV movies, cartoons, and books made for the Disney Channel celebrating doing evil, occultism, magic, witches, and other elements of the supernatural. Some of their mottoes are "Bring Back Evil" and "They're at their best when doing their worst."

disney.wikia.com...
The story deepens in the music-driven sequel to the global smash hit Descendants, as the teenage sons and daughters of Disney's most famous villains — Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay (also known as Villain Kids, or VKs) — try to find their place in idyllic Auradon.

Songs played include titles like "Rotten to the Core," "Evil Like Me," and "Ways to be Wicked."
Hold your noses when you watch these previews about what they're all about. The message is not very subtle at all:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-7-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Are the Decendants portrayed as Trump supporters ...oh wait that's the Deplorables.

I've never heard of this but is there some 'moral of the story' twist where they actually turn out to be good and save the day?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I agree. We should stop this immediately.

Probably need the gubbermunt to do somethibg about it, legislate away even the blandest of anti heroes.

And then find a safe space for you be all comfy in.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Kids don't always cater to the Light side. Sometimes, rebellious behaviour is.. interesting, too.

And Disney knows its audience very well.

So.. Why not?
If you are part of the society who thinks that Harry Potter books should be banned/burned for witchdom, then I feel sorry for you, but nothing else.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Miley Cyrus and her pimp Daddy are a good example of what Disney promotes.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It's entertainment.

Chill out.

(post by Metallicus removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Is the problem the perceived lack of morality or the fact that it's rated TV-G, which is for everyone including kids? Because the entertainment industry is filled with far worse versions of immorality than this. And a quick google search shows that only one of of the main 10 cast members for "Descendants 2" is under the age of 18, and that's a 16 year old. So it seems like adult stuff to me.

Besides, we live in a world where soldiers and wars are heavily promoted and romanticized. But wars are far more repulsive and corrupting than a tv show like this, particularly to children who are caught up in them. So I think any "outrage" about society's moral decline is being aimed in the wrong direction.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

When entertainment is laced with propaganda it becomes something more. I try hard to send my 2 and 4 year olds down a better path with a brighter future.

To each their own, just don't push it on my kids.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I see This as more of a parenting issue in general. Either you raise your kids right and trust that they can think for themselves and choose good because your values meant something or you don't trust them or your parenting skills.

Propaganda has been part of media in books and movies and tv since the dawn of reading and writing. Even plays can have propaganda.

When i grew up i was required to read and tv was a privilege. i grew up in the 80s when parents were allowed to be parents without being thought of as abusive.

Nowadays parenting and discipline are seen as bad. You're supposed to trust your child's education to their teachers or tv.

I personally trust neither...

edit on 24-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Dude get the F*** of ATS then and by the time you are done reading this you should have thrown out every bit of technology, every bit of modern anything, out of the nearest/closest window.

You Helicopter parents make me sick, really, wtf.

Push propaganda onto your kids? That's YOU!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

*off. Lol. My 4 year old caught that. Good day to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Let me guess, you're a Christian ?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I never would have heard about this if you didn't link it.

Now I'm gonna make my two nieces watch this and ruin their lives.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Block it, or use the "off" switch.

*shrugs*

I feel the same way about CNN.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I am not particularly religious, just someone who realizes that a society that openly promotes the dark side to children does not have very long to survive.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Did you actually watch it? I did with my 11 year old son. Pure Disney Channel sanitized drivel. Comically mundane and mindless entertainment for kids. Yes, I don't care if my kid hears the words "evil" or "wicked" coming out of the boob tube, I guess I'm a bad parent for not protecting him. Where did I go wrong?
Of his college-age sisters, one is pursuing her doctorate and the other is working a summer internship at Harvard. They watched Disney Channel as kids too and still seem to have a pretty good grip on reality.
I can't believe this was actually posted on ATS, If your kid is gonna turn into a satan worshipper or serial killer, Disney sure as hell isn't the cause. Snap out of it and start prepping your kids for the real world, believe it or not they can handle it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join