It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

As I understand it, there is a far stronger correlation between inhaling atmosphere and criminal activities.

The should be arresting all the people who habitually inhale air and those who concentrate and sell it for profit. It is obviously a substance of abuse.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
If the Trump admin re-ups on the drug war, ill vote for dems, even though I dont like them. There is nothing that has ruined this country more than the drug war.

I sure am tired of our government making an enemy of the citizens. Conservatives shouldnt tolerate such a big government anti-liberty approach as Sessions is taking.

But we had dems and they didn't do sh#t.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They are openly backing off of pot though and have been for a decade now..

The GOP is the only ones still acting like the war on drugs is a good thing.. and strangely they get the vast majority of the donations from private prisons and big pharma companies..

Curious..

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Honestly if anyone was gonna be a one issue voter it should be over this...

How different is America if we never started the war on drugs???

The gangs and cartels lose their major funding agent.. hookers and theft don't come close to touching drug profits..

We spend 40k PER YEAR PER PERSON to incarcerate people and over half are nonviolent drug offenders..

The whole rap culture never exists.. who knows what takes its place, but it won't be that..

The police are only messing with people who are actually hurting others.. they never need to be militarized all of that has been to combat drugs..

Police never become the villains of the community.. the only time they show up is to help..

Countless people work instead and pay taxes..

Countless families are no broken up..

I honestly think you can trace half our problems come from that one policy
edit on 23-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's an issue I have with republicans.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If the people who's lives are ruined by drugs, how many are from the substance and how many from the policies??

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Willtell
What are the Trump followers excuse for this?

Never mind that Sessions asked Congress to go after medical marijuana, or that Sessions committee has been out in Colorado holding secret meetings with legal cannabis opponents.

Thanks for saying this here. It needs a thread of its own and is true. The feds have been having secret meetings in Colorado with opponents. Specifically in Colorado Springs, involving the mayor, local law enforcement, among others. Note Colorado Springs is the only major city in the state where recreational is still outlawed and not regulated. And said parties are refusing to give any details of said meetings to the public at the feds request. Its been covered in the local news.

Unconstitutional if you ask me. There will be hell to pay it the feds attempt to move on Colorado better believe it.
edit on 23-7-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Let states citizen vote for what they want in their states but keep legal narcotics out of the military and and other federal government organizations. The federal government is already inefficient as it is and introducing legal narcotics to it will make it worse.

If you want to join the military or federal employment then don't smoke weed.

Weed and heroin in the military during the 60's, 70's and 80's made bad moral a big problem. Maybe they are planning to reinstate the draft for a coming global conflict.
edit on 23-7-2017 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Doesn't matter what his views are, he and DOJ policies still have to follow laws and budgetary constraints set down by Congress and the President.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And yet 4 days later Congress and the President passed the Rohrabacher - Blumenauer Amendment as part of the new budget.

Cite

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Respectully, screw that. Alcohol is fine because it allows those in the military and federal government to accept and forget the malicious acts they are commiting domestically and internationally.

I can agree with heroine. But weed is not a narcotic on that par whatsoever. And bad morale? Maybe some weed waking soldiers/prospects up to the fact that supporting global domination and offensively expanding a worldwide empire is a bad thing - would be better for us all.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Why not just outlaw puppies and kittens while your at it???

Lol, don't give them any ideas!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Been a long time since Ive taking anything our government says at face value, Its misdirection,subterfuge, window dressing for ultra conservatives or a negotiation ploy or a little bit of all of the above. Gets everybody's mind off junior and Russia, placates hard liners as he can say he tried but it was squashed by congress, puts the firm stance out there that can negotiated down from for say like increased federal regulation, or another completely separate issue.

Big Pharma and/or Big Tobacco need MJ completely under federal guidelines before they can monetize it to its maximum, there is too much money in it to not do try. TPTB are just trying to figure out a way to get their grubby lil hands on it, all the while to on the surface look like they are placating the ultra conservatives. It isn't going anywhere...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy site: what if Obama knew all along the Federal government would confiscate all assets gained from the marijuana industry eventually, most probably under a conservative president. The people go out and make a trillion dollars, then Federal government could just swoop down and take a trillion dollars from the people. It's a brilliant tyrannical move. I wonder if anything like this has happened before.
edit on 23-7-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2017 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

If Trump agrees with Sessions(who is the fear monger against marijuana) then yes it would, recall this in the OP:

According to Politifact, Trump pledged to leave marijuana legalization up to the states while on the campaign trail. But last month he reportedly pushed back against the congressional ban on the DOJ interfering with state medical marijuana laws in a signing statement, asserting that he isn’t legally bound to the limits imposed by Congress.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: seeker1963

Country is going to snip and ya'll are worried about something that people like me have been doing under the radar for years.

Priorities people, priorities........

Trump will support medical use and will do so by forcing Dr.s to prescribe on demand......its the crooked medical system screwing us all over....so it is a good thing to fully and completely endorse and support medical use and access .

If you smoke recreationally to relax by proxy you are self medicating for stress .....because......Dr.s cant and or wont freely make MJ available.....instead they tacticlly kept MJ criminalised and by proxy supported combustion sympathetic to social interaction instead of consumption for medical reasons.... this was so they could forcefeed us patented expensive often damaging pharmacuticals......proper mangement will not reduce usership it will simply define it as being mediclly catalysed and recognised.....alcohol should be managed societally the same ways .....and bars should be closed and outlawed....consumption levels will not be forced down....access and societal recognition and acceptance will simply evolve...and one day young people will view people who drink and do drugs as ill people medicating themselves....which is exactly how it should be viewed...sans glory and marketability.

Actually lots of people use it as a medicine and would be in real trouble without it, you are very uninformed on the subject, it has many healing properties

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Hell heroin being legal has ended the "problem " in Sweden..

They have free heroin clinics ran by drs and what do you know?? They all go to work and pay taxes.

Heroin addiction specifically only makes you do dumb stuff when detoxing.

Meth on the otherhand might be my one exception, but honestly if it can be made pharmaceutical grade who knows??

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

A) trump also said healthcare for all and he was gonna tax imports.. as well as prosecute Hillary..

Good luck taking his word for anything..

B) it is sessions call, so that would require trump to baby sit him to stop it.. and trump was never a smoker, so he is not personally and emotionally invested.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

trump was never a smoker, so he is not personally and emotionally invested.

You can bet he is personally and emotionally invested in being in office in 2021, and if he screws those states out of their newfound cash cow... they will ruin him.
edit on 24-7-2017 by charlyv because: s

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Yes this is very depressing news.I am not American but i can understand how you being American can hate him for this.Even my country's pathetic government is moving towards legalisation for personal private use.It is already sort of decriminalised as long as you don't light up in public.I have my own prez to hate for very good reasons,one of them being that he basically wants my whole ethnicity dead,so i won't join in hating Trump,but if i was American,yes this would have made me actively hate him too.Bitterly disappointing and disgusting move.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join