It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Tell me that was just sarcasm.

You can't possibly be serious but lately it's hard to tell with you.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Under Obama states started to legalize. Obama didn't care to support it but left it alone. Trump he wants to turn around everything Obama has done.

Wait Obama did nothing, so what is Trump turning around again? States are still protected, so vote the sh@t legal in your state...elect the people you want to represent you views....

Don't do the chicken little dance every time Trumps farts...lol

That last statement is to all not just you Dream....

Did you see the quote highlighted?

According to Politifact, Trump pledged to leave marijuana legalization up to the states while on the campaign trail. But last month he reportedly pushed back against the congressional ban on the DOJ interfering with state medical marijuana laws in a signing statement, asserting that he isn’t legally bound to the limits imposed by Congress.

Trumps lawmaking is farts I agree!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Marijuana is too dangerous. It causes hallucinations. Men will be far more likely to commit murder, kidnapping, rape. I agree. Say no to marijuana. If you want to get high, drink coca cola. But marijuana is a big no no in my books.

I'm sure you have something to support those big assertions?

Men will be far more likely to commit murder, kidnapping, rape.
You mean alcohol?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yup there is big things to work on but continuing the failed Wars on Drugs for profit is not going to help anyone in the long run but line the politician's pockets.
edit on 23-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

Sadly it may come down to what was warned about, if nothing is done to stop it:

President Trump’s Task Force on Crime Reduction and Public Safety, led by Sessions, is expected to release a report next week that criminal justice reform advocates fear will link marijuana to violent crime and recommend tougher sentences for those caught growing, selling and smoking the plant.

Sessions sent a memo in April updating the U.S. Attorney’s Offices and Department of Justice Department (DOJ) component heads on the work of the task force, which he said would be accomplished through various subcommittees. In the memo, Sessions said he has asked for initial recommendations no later than July 27.

“Task Force subcommittees will also undertake a review of existing policies in the areas of charging, sentencing, and marijuana to ensure consistency with the Department's overall strategy on reducing violent crime and with Administration goals and priorities,” he wrote. Criminal justice reform advocates fear Sessions’s memo signals stricter enforcement is ahead.

Nothing but fear mongering, first of all the statement; “Task Force subcommittees will also undertake a review of existing policies in the areas of charging, sentencing, and marijuana to ensure consistency with the Department's overall strategy on reducing violent crime and with Administration goals and priorities,”

Does not mean the DOJ is going to start “cracking down” on marijuana all it says is that the committee will look at ‘existing’ policies and make sure the policies are consistent with reducing violent crime and are consistent with Trumps policies, ‘that’ is all it says.

Trump has stated and recently reinforced his policy of leaving medical marijuana States alone, now States with legal recreational use ‘may’ be scrutinized more by the Feds, but until we see an increase in Federal arrests/prosecutions of ‘non’- criminal use/production, I think the knee jerking and fear mongering should be kept in check.

Trumps statement on medical marijuana after signing $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill with Rohrabacher - Blumenauer Amendment

Division B, section 537 provides that the Department of Justice may not use any funds to prevent implementation of medical marijuana laws by various States and territories. I will treat this provision consistently with my constitutional responsibility to take care that the laws be faithfully executed.

All this on top of asset forfeiture.

Again, more fear mongering, please see my post here

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
money talks and bs i mean sessions walks...

there is no way the states who have had the taste of the extreme profits of legalization would be hard up on paying for lobbyists to spin this the other way and or make sessions look even more dumb.

The shear amount of money in form of stocks, market caps in general and state tax revenue is more than enough to make any further regulation that is negative towards weed, fall flat on it's arse.

Long live herb, it's here to stay and will soon be deemed a human right, due to it being medicine to many.

People use it mainly for medicine like digestion and appetite stimulation so they can actually eat when otherwise they never get hungry...

---There is more money to be had from weed legalization than ANY PRIVATE PRISON GROUP could ever hope to make... because the fact of that matter is, you can only make so much off a non-free human, how much can you make off a free pot smoking human? I'd say much much more...

Follow the facts folks, it's so damn easy then to see through the FUD!
edit on 23-7-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Anyone that wants to go after legalized states must really hate there job ...

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If you study high, take the test high, you get high scores son!

Ask around, it's more than medicine and mood stabilizer

An excellent "new"s" history channel show
4 episodes, 2 hours each! Came out a few weeks ago

Al-CIA-duh did a lot more than we all know

Check it out

edit on 23-7-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Hx

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Good. Nobody will ever vote in another Democrat either. Time for an independent/moderate to step up.
edit on Sun Jul 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman
Meanwhile there is a opoid epidemic, something this Sessions fool should be concentrating on. But no this fool is locked in the Nixon era. Great choice Trump! Trump fire this fool Please!

Exactly, but then again,
"How Much of Big Pharma's Massive Profits Are Used to Influence Politicians?"

Big Pharma tends to spend more on Republicans than Democrats, and the GOP benefited from 58 percent of the industry's federal contributions in 2012 and 2014 while Democrats received 42 percent, according to the CRP.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's a group of 18 House Democrats, not Republicans, who are demanding that the CEO of Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Michael Pearson, join Shkreli in front of the House Oversight Committee during the first week of October to answer questions about recent price hikes on two drugs produced by his company.

Source

Sessions sees no difference in marijuana vs heroin.

Plus Marijuana is upsetting Big Pharma.
That's a great point. And this absurdity needs to stop.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Wouldn't that be nice!!

But for that to happen still, even with the Reps and Dems making complete fools of themselves, the third parties and independents are going to still have to step up their games too.

For as bad as the Dems and Reps can be, which is pretty damn bad, the third parties don't exactly wow my pants off either. We've had some possible contenders here in this last election and to be honest they didn't impress me all that much either.

There are some really smart and capable people in this country too. People who come across and truly are genuine and serious and make sense. But they never seem to run for office.

I think politics is just to damn filthy and nasty for any decent person to even want to be involved for the most part. Especially at the higher levels. That's the only think I can think of as to why.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

It doesn't mean Sessions isn't going to crack down on marijuana either. Speaking of fear mongering that is his view on marijuana itself.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes please. Part of my worry is many of the independents continuing to side with least of the worst. Time to move on from either side of the same coin's corruption.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I just think jobs, debt, and many other things that our destroying our culture and country have a much higher priority to salvage our sinking ship than whether or not it's legal for some one to smoke weed?

Now if the current administration agreed with that premise, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. I agree that they should focus on the economy,figuring out a healthcare solution that doesn't screw over the random people that the ACA had a positive effect on, national debt etc... much more important things this administration should be concerned with.

The other side of the equation is that cracking down on the legal cannabis industry also affects important economic factors such as jobs and debt. There are people who work in this industry who will be out of work, people who own dispensaries and grow facilities who have taken out loans to get started and will be in the hole for a loan they will no longer be able to pay off. The taxes from the product in states where it is legally will have t be made up elsewhere shifting the tax burden onto property owners etc... it's really a much bigger issue than "just a bunch of people smoking weed" when you look at a little more context don't you think?

Would it make you happy if I said, "Sessions was the worst mistake Trump made?".

Didn't Trump essentially say that a few days ago when he said he would have picked anyone else had Sessions told him ahead of time that the one right thing he would do in his tenure a state USAG would be to recuse himself from the Russia investigation?
edit on 23-7-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

That assumes trump personally cares about weed..and by all accounts he was never a smoker.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, if they crack down on pot, they are assuring themselves of not being reelected. Marijuana is the only issue that most americans agree on. Sessions is anti liberty. He is the swamp monster.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So much for states rights from the Trump administration.

Here's what Sessions said.

www.washingtonpost.com... erm=.bd33c7c52ff6

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I would think the government is passing on a good tax revenue stream.

Seems refer madness had done more negative things to brains then pot ever did.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If the Trump admin re-ups on the drug war, ill vote for dems, even though I dont like them. There is nothing that has ruined this country more than the drug war.

I sure am tired of our government making an enemy of the citizens. Conservatives shouldnt tolerate such a big government anti-liberty approach as Sessions is taking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join