It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

But Obama is not prez anymore,Trump is-and he has the opportunity to do things differently.On this mj matter,it seems he too is useless though.At least under the Obama admin it was legalised in Colorado and California,not so? Now it sounds like regressive legislation is being planned,if i understand the OP correctly.Very disappointing.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

But Obama is not prez anymore,Trump is-and he has the opportunity to do things differently.On this mj matter,it seems he too is useless though.At least under the Obama admin it was legalised in Colorado and California,not so? Now it sounds like regressive legislation is being planned,if i understand the OP correctly.Very disappointing.

Give it time... We can debate this for a long time, but it will play out that more and more States will make it legal, we are 50 united states formed in a perfect union...not a democracy...lots of energy wasted in the inevitable...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I think we will see a steady increase in usership and in a new social perspective of illness based self-treatment which has been legitimised as prescribed medical treatment....so by proxy yes free drugs and booze for everyone and Insurance companies pay the full Tab with nothing going to big pharma.Its called being hamstrung if you are the Globalist Elites Insurance/Big Pharma Cartel...ROFLMAO.

edit on 24-7-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I sincerely hope that it plays out that way,i really do.Because one of the most evil acts in human history was to criminalise the use of this plant,to deny the medical benefits for so long,to stigmatise it and imprison people and ruin their lives for the use of a natural plant that grows on the Earth- so that BigPharma can make their billions anually.For greed and gain,and to the detriment of millions for decades.Despicable and iniquitous and beyond contemptible and disgusting

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I fervently hope so,as i said in my reply to Xtrozero

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think we should put more people in jail for smaller crimes and invest massive resources into punishment for trivial offences. Police officer needs to also hold more power; them framing people for any crime they wish isn't enough, they should get the power to skip due process and sentence people themselves. This will also save time and money and be efficient especially for "Death" sentences as they are fully armed and more dangerous than most normal people whenever one of them feels 'uneasy' attempting to arrest someone.

TLDR; cops have ego issues and solve it with a weapon. The idea half of them need their handgun for daily activity is horse#. They need their handgun because their 'uniform'(gang outfit) says "Police" and the "Police" have a bad crime rap and need to carry gats like a gangster to realistically survive in this society doing nominal tasks in a "police" outfit. Police don't get shot because they're solving crime as vigilantes of justice, Police get shot because they're the Police.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Glad we agree. I hurt for South Africa-so much turmoil-then I look at the US and wow, lot of hate and anger and our divided country doesn't need this crazy president-but our options are so limited. We have as dirty a government as you. New Zealand?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I agree with this to a point, and that point is big pharma and medical establishment are only part of the problem, they along with other corporations should not be able to lobby governments the way they do, the whole System is corrupt from top to bottom.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Another ignorant liberal post,I am suprised the mods let this tabloid stuff get by,once again I see ATS,getting to think it stands for a Med MJ shop called above top smoke,seems like it

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
All of this nonsense, fud, and false stereotypes promoted by Sessions can very easily be put to bef with statistics. Colorado was the first state to begin 'recreational' sales of mj. Since then, it has taken up the role of best economy in the country, with the lowest unemployment rate, and crime being down. This even with yepp a rising minimum wage, oh tve horror i know. Am i saying this is all directly due to rec mj alone? No of course not.

But those four facts alone should be more than enough to prove the fears of dinosaurs and hardcore conservative states unfounded. In fact, other states should be looking at CO as a role model to improve our entire damn economy and quality of life nationwide.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I sincerely hope that it plays out that way,i really do.Because one of the most evil acts in human history was to criminalise the use of this plant,to deny the medical benefits for so long,to stigmatise it and imprison people and ruin their lives for the use of a natural plant that grows on the Earth- so that BigPharma can make their billions anually.For greed and gain,and to the detriment of millions for decades.Despicable and iniquitous and beyond contemptible and disgusting

This MJ suppression is IMHO another arm of TPTBs fiscal engine/big pharma-insurance......they suppressed MJ and natural healing.....they suppressed Tesla....Hulda Clark....David Hamel.....Wilbert Smith....Searl...Hutchison....hundreds and hundreds of pure geniuses ....they suppressed many peoples work.....these are humanitarian terrorists who are producing a First Wave war level of damage unto Humanity...why is this?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
All of this nonsense, fud, and false stereotypes promoted by Sessions can very easily be put to bef with statistics. Colorado was the first state to begin 'recreational' sales of mj. Since then, it has taken up the role of best economy in the country, with the lowest unemployment rate, and crime being down. This even with yepp a rising minimum wage, oh tve horror i know. Am i saying this is all directly due to rec mj alone? No of course not.

But those four facts alone should be more than enough to prove the fears of dinosaurs and hardcore conservative states unfounded. In fact, other states should be looking at CO as a role model to improve our entire damn economy and quality of life nationwide.

The crime rate was artificially inflated due to the farming of drug laws to fill the Prison for Profit Jails......of course when you stop this dynamic you see measurable drop in crime numbers.....lol...lol.

Unless you remove the fiscal component you are not dealing with the real problem.....criminalising equates to fiscalising......sooooo.....decriminalise or define MJ as a medicine and make it accesable....dont make it legal and attatch a price tag to something.
edit on 24-7-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
At the end of the day States that have legalized it will going on, many other States will legalized it and in the near future it will be taken off the schedule 1 list...

Another I hate Trump posting, but then 8 years under Obama and nothing. Even towards the end of his 8 years we got this..

The Obama administration has denied a bid by two Democratic governors to reconsider how it treats marijuana under federal drug control laws, keeping the drug for now, at least, in the most restrictive category for U.S. law enforcement purposes.

I really do not want to do the "what did Obama do" but come on people....

He specifically told the justice Sept to stand down on legal weed.

Just in case your not able to comprehend this president is doing the opposite he is saying what can we prosecute, and how can we take their money before even convicted.

I am no Obama fan nor did I vote for him but the way you presented your argument is not factual and pretty misleading.
edit on 24-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: LockNLoad

If Trump agrees with Sessions(who is the fear monger against marijuana) then yes it would, recall this in the OP:

According to Politifact, Trump pledged to leave marijuana legalization up to the states while on the campaign trail. But last month he reportedly pushed back against the congressional ban on the DOJ interfering with state medical marijuana laws in a signing statement, asserting that he isn’t legally bound to the limits imposed by Congress.

Except that 'not' what Trump said, that is what The Hill "reporter" wants you and others to think that's what Trump said, and that is 'not' reporting the news that is propagandizing the public.

What Trump said is;

Division B, section 537 provides that the Department of Justice may not use any funds to prevent implementation of medical marijuana laws by various States and territories. I will treat this provision consistently with my constitutional responsibility to take care that the laws be faithfully executed.

No where in this statement (or any part of his signing statement) does Trump say anything about "asserting that he isn’t legally bound to the limits imposed by Congress".

Cite: Actual quote from Trump.
Cite: The Hill's propaganda piece.

So until the Feds actually start increasing enforcement and/or drafting laws against States legal marijuana use (medical and recreational), The Hill's "news" report is nothing but propaganda and fear mongering.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Marijuana is too dangerous. It causes hallucinations. Men will be far more likely to commit murder, kidnapping, rape. I agree. Say no to marijuana. If you want to get high, drink coca cola. But marijuana is a big no no in my books.

Jeff...Is that you?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
too rich for gov't assistance, too poor to afford decent healthcare, completely broke but with no dependents....
I've been blocked from the healthcare system for over a decade!!
NO ONE HAS ANY RIGHT TO TELL ME HOW I TREAT MYSELF!!
If I find smoking a joint before bedtime helps me sleep by reducing the pain some, well, what is sessions gonna do about it? throw me in jail where I will be entitled to free healthcare and the pain killers that the doctors hand out...
then they can let a herion addict loose on the streets???

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sessions is without a doubt a serious moron, a perfect compliment to the Trump administration. It's important that everyone pay attention come election time and rid ourselves of pestilence.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
He specifically told the justice Sept to stand down on legal weed.

A paper sword, the true event is removing it off the schedule 1 list, anything other than that is just wheels spinning, Obama didn't do anyone any favors, but could have fix it once and for all if he wasn't a lame duck for about 6 years...

As I said the wheels are in motion and I see nothing concerning coming out of all this. I don't even expect Sessions to be on the Trump team by the end of the year either...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: dreamingawake

Country is going to snip and ya'll are worried about something that people like me have been doing under the radar for years.

Priorities people, priorities........

Yep priorities, like you say. The "country going to snip" and they couldnt just leave well alone and so they instead direct much needed time and resources to restrict peoples liberties.

Great.
edit on 24-7-2017 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

His whisper of Rudy is the same exact problem.

Put Gowdy in or someone who will actually be a sharp sword. We need people who manufactured and still do illegal pharmaceuticals or push an over use prosecuted heavily. Possibly seizing their assets and putting that towards rehab.

At the same time urge congress to regulate Marijuana. Other wise I believe the black market would swell with far worse things. However, just cleaning up pharmaceutical abuse would be the largest thing a president has done positively for years and the epa is supposed to do it. Talk about cleaning the swamp.

Problem is he wouldn't be told by trump what to say either. He would certainly not cross the same ethical areas even sessions has. .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join