It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate goes ahead with Obamacare repeal without replacement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So here it is folks. They are afraid Obamacare crash will usher in single payer like every other modern nation has. So they go ahead with kill and don't replace. A couple of years ago they did the repeal bill which was put on Obama's desk as a protest because they knew Obama would veto it. This time they have a GOP president who will sign it. So what happened? We shall see soon enough.

The US Senate will vote next week on proceeding to a bill that repeals the Affordable Care Act without a ready replacement plan, the chamber's top Republican has said.

"At the request of the president and vice president and after consulting with our members, we will have the vote on the motion to proceed to the Obamacare repeal bill early next week," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said.

The measure contains a two-year delay, designed to provide lawmakers with sufficient time to craft an Obamacare replacement plan.

Two years ago a similar straight repeal was passed by Congress, but vetoed by then-president Barack Obama.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office warned at the time that repealing Obamacare would boot a staggering 32 million people off health care by 2026, compared to current law.

www.dnaindia.com...
edit on 18-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
better now than later.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

No pain. No gain.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

at this point they need to kill it ASAP just so the populace knows they are serious.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
So here it is folks. They are afraid Obamacare crash will usher in single payer like every other modern nation has.

Yeah, because we sure wouldn't want to be a modern nation would we?!?!?! Back to the caves everyone!!

So they're going to kill something that is already dying anyway because they've done everything in their power to wound it up until now just so they can say they did something. Sounds about right.

Then they give themselves a two year window to come up with a plan they already said they had 4 years ago which they actually don't and never actually had. But I guess this time it will be different, right??? Yeah right. They lie to everyone for 4 years about having a plan which they didn't have and now say they'll have one in two years. And you believe them???

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me again......ah, nevermind......

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: allsee4eye

at this point they need to kill it ASAP just so the populace knows they are serious.

Seriously incompetent???

Yeah, we know already. We've always known.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Good thread . If it is repealed will force Congress to do something soon (I hope) . If they let it crash , bad times ahead . And it will crash. Remember Obama requesting Pelosi remove his name from it ? Obama knew . Or realized it was a POS that soon. Had his fingers crossed and broke out the sacrificial chicken in hopes it would hang by a thread until he was out of office.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

dont worry the democrats will fix it!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

thats were your wrong. They are competent as hell just like the left when they want something done.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

dont worry the democrats will fix it!

The Democrats aren't going to fix sh*t. I'd be impressed if they could fix themselves a decent cup of coffee without spilling it on their crotch.

But if you want to talk about anyone fixing anything, you should at least look toward those who want to fix it and have the intelligence to do so. The Republicans are neither of those things. They certainly aren't going to fix a f*cking thing when they've spent the last 8 years trying to break that very same thing.

They don't want to fix anything and wouldn't know where to start even if they did want to.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
fixing it is just not part of the plan. Not for the betterment of the american people anyways. If that were the case you would have both the right and the left preaching about the insanity of it.

With the right and the left their cure (single payer) is worse than the disease.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That's what I'm saying. Believing for one second that they just need a two year pause to construct some sort of plan is dumb. There isn't any plan. There isn't even a plan for a plan. It's a big fat lie. They aren't going to be coming up with anything other than new ways to rob the system even more at the expense of the people. That's their plan. That's always been their plan.

It's retarded for anyone to believe they are going to fix this situation at all. Not now, not in two years. Even if they wanted to, which they don't, they don't know how. You know why I know this??? Because they said they already had a plan 4 years ago and that was a lie too!!!

There's no plan. No fix. Just people getting f*cked over by the millions.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, I imagine there are going to be a ton of cases of people literally dying should it go away. Guess what will be front and center for 2020 campaign against the Reps...gravestone after gravestone of people who couldn't get insurance

Reps will be labelled the actual death panel party. Gonna be a tough image to shine there.

Counter? My rate went up under ACA
Response: Maggy died from cancer that could have been treated..but hey, you're saving a hundred bucks, so screw maggy.
Nothing will be as powerful as showing corpses due to a vendetta political decision.

2020 is gonna be political civil war...Left might have gone into loony snowflake land, but the right has decided to go full satanic

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

thats both the left and the right. Anyone looking at it before it passed knew it was a big extortion scheme. The populace didnt want it then.... they dont want it now. It was NAFTA all over again. Same results for the party implementing it as well. They do this time and time again...same tactics over and over.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
how you can still look left and right after the last year or so is beyond me. They are all satanic.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

That's fine. So what we had wasn't going to work, so we made something else. It also wasn't going to be sustainable, but could have made it longer that it has had it not been sabotaged so quickly either. But still, it was also flawed, no argument there.

So now we're going to kill what is already wounded and dying anyway for no other reason than bragging rights basically. That's why it "Must Be Done Now" after all. So they can say they did it. It doesn't help anything though.

Also, in it's place we're given what??? Nothing. Zero. Zip. Sh*t. A promise of something to come from the same liars that already sold us that lie years ago and are now selling the same lie to us again.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

what exactly do you want?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You stated it perfectly. Let the Dems and Repugs crawl over the dead bodies of what could have been voters.

I predict this debacle of healthcare failure as the end of the government control as we know it. It will weaken our country and possibly allow us to be overtaken by non-Americans. All while we watched our loved ones die-and the rich get the best money could buy them. Off with their heads.

There's a new world coming-and it will be painful-for all.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Good, put it back into the hands of the free market so printing manufacturers like me can actually afford it again.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

What we've been told we're going to get over and over again.

A Healthcare System that actually works for people. I mean that is what we've been promised by both sides of the isle. Yet that isn't what we're getting. So what's up??? I mean that is what we've been told after all. So either that is what they deliver of they can GTFO. Is it that hard to understand???

If I came to you and promised you stuff that I didn't deliver on after you lived up to your part of the deal what would you say to me??? I would think you'd say "Look A-hole, either you deliver on your end of the deal or you GTFO while you still have the legs to carry you."

If you're asking me specifically what I think should happen with Healthcare I can only give you my opinion which is that Single Payer of some type is the only possible option. Basically maybe a Medcaid for all type thing with the option of buying personal more specialized plans for those who can afford it. Something like that. A hybrid of what works in other places.

But that's not going to happen. Not because it's not workable. It most certainly possible and the Richest Nation on Earth should easily be capable of doing it without question. But it won't happen because those who can make it happen don't want it that way. They don't give a f*ck about the people of this country. They are bought and paid for by people who also don't give a f*ck about the people either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join