It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me about magic and the occult

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Regalius

Meditation I find for the most can help with focus or anixety, or just light en your mood, even balance it.

However it can cause anixety as well, supposedly but wether this is superstition or an awareness factor is up to debate.

One thing I will say though, be very careful with the seven Chakra meditation, by not taking it seriously and especially with the head region.

It requires a form of finesse.

Psychological effects are the apparent problem which is why most Yogi or Buddha's prep themselves or at least that what they say.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Regalius
I am new to the whole idea of it but can someone please explain it to me? I am curious to learn about magic. What kinds of magic will allow someone to have any kind of magical desire granted?

Ritual magic Will do that for you. At least a lot of magicians had reported various successes. Although I find it quite immoral way to do things, especially if you possess any amount of self respect. And for beginners it will cost some time and money. Let's say an experienced abrahamic magician needs from one to three days straight for a ritual and up to 1000$ for the proper conjuring items. The problem with this is obvious... it's not an instant solution and there's a chance you get far away from where you were up to. For adventurers and researchers it might turn productive experience, just don't expect anything like an apple appear from thin air, or your ex wife/husband comes back and never turns hers/his back again.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Very good ....where did you read this because as you explain it is true which is why "magic" is easy but if you want to be a pro then you must be on first name basis with the demon and have a close relationship.....which means "at times" you will also do the demon's bidding while alive on this earth or "it" threatens to stop helping the magician. Demons are eager and waiting to assist but I caution everyone.... it will cost you and part of your family ..... it will be a heavy price .... which does not end at death.

Leister Crowley's demons were lar and Choronzon.
edit on 19-7-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Depression is serious. I hope you have a mentor or trusted friend to talk to. Magic doesn't exist. Please stay away from all the charlatans who will take advantage of you.
If you are depressed this deep please also consider checking into a group health situation where you will be protected and supported.

Again, do not go any darker-which is where you are heading in this thread.

Some great people here but also some real nuts who will mess with your mind as you are vulnerable. You don't need any more confusion and this op is way off course for you.

Best wishes for a new future with healthy, safe friends and helpers-they are there-just go find them.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
you can do "magic", but you arent really doing it, instead its just the good ol' humanoids doing illusions on you

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

the demons themselves are too an illusion to hide the real and misterious beings behind all paranormal events

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

14 year old cringe much?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

its waaaaaayyyyy more complex than just that,if you think the humanoids are evil then ok, but i have an suspicion that the the humanoids are god...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Why would you want to learn about something that will lead you to a dead end?
There is NOTHING in so called 'Magic' that isn't straight from the pits of hell.
Why take on death? When you can take on LIFE?

Jesus was a magician, sorcerer and necromancer. He used demons such as Beelzebub to help him perform his miracles, and essentially admitted it in the Book of Mark. Jesus was following in the tradition of Solomon, who was also a sorcerer.

So I guess if a person wanted to be "more like Jesus," they should learn it, too.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
magic = cheatcodes for this simulation

Basically. Accessing the source code to manipulate the game, or enhance your avatar.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: silo13
Why would you want to learn about something that will lead you to a dead end?
There is NOTHING in so called 'Magic' that isn't straight from the pits of hell.
Why take on death? When you can take on LIFE?

Jesus was a magician, sorcerer and necromancer. He used demons such as Beelzebub to help him perform his miracles, and essentially admitted it in the Book of Mark. Jesus was following in the tradition of Solomon, who was also a sorcerer.

So I guess if a person wanted to be "more like Jesus," they should learn it, too.

No, Jesus was God incarnate. He didn't require any other spiritual power to do what He did.

He and God's Holy Spirit and God the Father are one.

Here's the quotatation from Mark 3:22-30 (NRSV) so you can see that Jesus said nothing of the sort:

And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebul, and by the ruler of the demons he casts out demons.” And He called them to Him, and spoke to them in parables, “How can Satan cast out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but his end has come. But no one can enter a strong man’s house and plunder his property without first tying up the strong man; then indeed the house can be plundered.

“Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— for they had said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

You should be careful of doing exactly what the scribes had done in suggesting that something done by the Holy Spirit was demonic.

edit on 19/7/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I tend to believe the ultimate secret of magic is the same as the ultimate secret of martial arts in as much as when you become truly proficient at it; you realise you don't really need it at all and it's the journey that has changed you profoundly, the result is almost perfunctory.

All this stuff about demons and summoning s**t. Just cuz Crowley said he did doesn't make it true although the religious will jump all over it because it's validation of their belief that there is a constant enemy to battle. It's important to differentiate between extenalising your subconscious and how that influences every and any part of a ritual and what if anything is objectively being observed.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
You should be careful of doing exactly what the scribes had done in accusing Jesus falsely. Apparently it is unpardonable.

He, himself, says that he is using Beelzebub to "divide and conquer." He equivocates a little with that old "how dare people accuse me of such things" argument, which is actually not a denial, which can often be expressed as, "no, I don't." Instead, he goes on about how if he did such a thing, here's why he would do it. O.J. much?

Why do you think they put the crown of thorns on his head? (Hint: See what they used to do to people possessed by demons.)

Regardless of that, it is undeniable that he was a necromancer, raising people from the dead. Now, he can attribute this power to the "Holy Spirit," but that's just another ruse. No one can even knows what the Holy Spirit is supposed to be, other than some vague entity that gives you motivation and knowledge to study the mysteries of -- these days -- the priesthood. And yeah, I bet if you call him on it you face his wrath, because that's what demons do.

In case you've forgotten, Jesus is supposed to forgive. Oh, right that was John the Baptist. After Jesus "inherited" John's teachings, it gets a little confusing, but not if you remember that Jesus was angling to be the Jewish King. It's easier to keep their teaching straight that way.
edit on 19-7-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You should be careful of doing exactly what the scribes had done in accusing Jesus falsely. Apparently it is unpardonable.

He, himself, says that he is using Beelzebub to "divide and conquer." He equivocates a little with that old "how dare people accuse me of such things" argument, which is actually not a denial, which can often be expressed as, "no, I don't." Instead, he goes on about how if he did such a thing, here's why he would do it. O.J. much?

Why do you think they put the crown of thorns on his head? (Hint: See what they used to do to people possessed by demons.)

The whole "you are dammed to hell for even suggesting it" bit at the end doesn't sound like a fairly strong denial?

And the crown of thorns was placed there by the Romans, not the Jews, and was to mock Jesus being "King of the Jews". I can find no mention of a crown of thorns having something to do with demoniacs. Please post some supportive links.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Basically its a form of self hypnosis leading to a mild physcosis
To perform magic on others requires they absolutely believe you can.
Usually its just used to better yourself by tricking your mind into changing reality or at least your perception of it.

Spirits, demons and sacrifices make great middlemen but they're all in your own mind. Generally though it helps to fool yourself if you can believe they are the ones helping you, it helps to believe you need to do something in order to receive something(its just natural, most people don't feel entitled to something without earning)

I wouldn't recommend it, travelling down that particular rabbit hole of intangible and impossible will soften your mind and make your susceptible to other peoples magic (which remember doesn't actually exist anymore than yours)

Abstaining is a great way to build your magical reservoirs mainly just because it helps with self control and focus more than your sperm being some kind of life force.

Believe you are lucky and you will become lucky only noticing the lucky things, believe you are blessed and you will only notice the blessed things.

As for old school magic and breaking the laws of reality go to Vegas and watch the magicians perform there to get a better idea of how the ancients did it. It was all just smoke and mirrors designed to trick simple people.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aytakan
Basically its a form of self hypnosis leading to a mild physcosis.

That's what good mental health really is. Functional delusions.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Regardless of that, it is undeniable that he was a necromancer, raising people from the dead. Now, he can attribute this power to the "Holy Spirit," but that's just another ruse. No one can even knows what the Holy Spirit is supposed to be, other than some vague entity that gives you motivation and knowledge to study the mysteries of -- these days -- the priesthood. And yeah, I bet if you call him on it you face his wrath, because that's what demons do.

In case you've forgotten, Jesus is supposed to forgive. Oh, right that was John the Baptist. After Jesus "inherited" John's teachings, it gets a little confusing, but not if you remember that Jesus was angling to be the Jewish King. It's easier to keep their teaching straight that way.

You're only saying that without actually believing it is true because you know better. You are misinterpreting the words on purpose with the pretense you can be excused without asking to be excused. All you are actually doing is bearing false witness against the word of God..

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Regardless of that, it is undeniable that he was a necromancer, raising people from the dead.

So a paramedic who revives someone who is clinically dead is a necromancer? Obviously not.

Jesus brought back people from the dead, He revived them. He didn't communicate with the dead for the purposes of divination, as necromancers claim to do.

Necro manteia means divination with a dead body, in Latin.

Deuteronmy 18:9-12 explicitly states that necromancy is against Gods law and Jesus could not be sinless if He broke God's Law. If Jesus had sinned, He would have died in His sin and could not bring pardon for us. His death and resurrection would have been meaningless. But the truth is, He was without sin.

Now, he can attribute this power to the "Holy Spirit," but that's just another ruse. No one can even knows what the Holy Spirit is supposed to be, other than some vague entity that gives you motivation and knowledge to study the mysteries of -- these days -- the priesthood.

Every true believer is indwelt by the Holy Spirit, not just priests. The giving of the Holy Spirit to all believers (not just the specially annointed) was prophesied way back in the Old Testament, as well as by Jesus. The outpouring began at Pentecost, you can read about it in the book of 'the Acts of the Apostles' and other New Testament epistles.

And yeah, I bet if you call him on it you face his wrath, because that's what demons do.

The Holy Spirit is a present and personal friend. I have seen and felt the Spirit's power and gentleness, not only in my own life but in the lives of those around me.

True, the Spirit convicts me of my sinful thoughts and actions but that is so I may repent.

The fact that I can feel the Holy Spirit and manifest the gifts, without facing God's wrath over my sins, indicates that Jesus has forgiven me!

John called for repentance and baptised with water, he also accepted confession as a sign of repentance. It doesn't say anywhere that he forgave sin (and he couldn't because only God can forgive sin).

John said that he only baptised with water but Jesus would baptise with the Holy Spirit.

As per the prophecies, John was "preparing the way" for Jesus.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regalius
I am new to the whole idea of it but can someone please explain it to me? I am curious to learn about magic. What kinds of magic will allow someone to have any kind of magical desire granted?

You don't need to make offerings to spirits, deities, or summon other entities to make your dreams come true. Just believe in yourself, be nice to everyone that you meet and that those things will happen. Just try and learn as much about what interests you the most. Attend conferences, shows, exhibitions, and learn from others. Keep a look out for things that might help you achieve that desire.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I don't know how far you will get with this. Magic isn't about giving without receiving.

Look at it this way: Let's say you really, really want to buy an expensive car. I'd be suspicious if someone just handed you a one million dollar car and just said to keep it without some kind of fine print. Magic works like that: You put out your energy, desire, passion, and in return, it gives you something or leads you to something you want.

That said, and speaking as one that did the wrong path a long, long time ago - anything other than what I said above will have its price, and more often than not, you will regret ever attempting it. You'll get what you want...but something equally worse may happen to you or someone/thing you care about.

If you are hellbent on your path (allow for any desire granted), you can try looking at Grimiores such as the Solomon (Key of Solomon, Pentacles, etc), Sacred Magic of Abramelin The Mage, The Black Pullet, etc. I had success with all of them, but regretted each instance of what I did.

HOWEVER - If you look at any of the ones I listed, in order to have the most effect, you must read the first books in each of the set, or each chapter word for word. This is how magic will trap you: You think "Oh cool, so I draw this symbol and immediately get what I want". Well, to prevent repercussions on yourself, most books will tell you to "cleanse yourself". For example, the first book of Abramelin talks about the ritual cleansing to do before you do any casting - this can take a long time!

A safer idea (which would work better because you created it), is to do your own magic. First, come up with an intent (IE: I would like a large some of money). Then, either make, draw, or build something that represents the intent (IE: Create a Gold Coin with a special symbol on it). Then, "fill" it with energy (lots of ways to do this: Seeing the symbol and mentally saying to yourself "I will get some money today" is even enough). Finally, after (days/weeks/years) of doing this, you will get what you want.

-fossilera

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join