It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me about magic and the occult

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Regalius

Why would you want to learn about something that will lead you to a dead end?

There is NOTHING in so called 'Magic' that isn't straight from the pits of hell.

Why take on death? When you can take on LIFE?

peace

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Um... folks. Please nice and serious posts/responses. I am not making a joke topic. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regalius
I am new to the whole idea of it but can someone please explain it to me? I am curious to learn about magic. What kinds of magic will allow someone to have any kind of magical desire granted?

There are different types of magic.

The first type I could call Shamanistic and deals with similitudes. It is the concept that something may be controlled or manipulated by a similar or associated object. An example of this is the voodoo doll or the the manipulation of something symbologically. A recent example of this type of thinking was someone who created gas plasma's in various shaped glass tubes and noticed a similarity to similar shapes in some galaxies and atomic configurations and then made the leap of assuming that the fundamental force behind the cosmos was electrodynamic.

The other is by inducing familiar spirits or similar to affect results. This usually requires belief in a pantheon of supernatural beings who may vie with each other and make alliances with humans for their own reasons. Under true monotheism, there is no such capability because the ultimate entity has no competitor and cannot be manipulated.

Another magic is the assumption that we have psychic abilities of our own which can be enhanced through meditation, rehearsal and drugs. Considering the desirability and ease of producing such effects if they exist, there have been very few possible examples and most have been revealed to be fraudulent.

Another magic is the 'law of attraction' / karmic idea that positive visualization of outcomes equates to a positive outcome. Any analysis of history and the disease & deaths of the 'saints' of positivity refutes this.

Another is the yin/yang idea that the universe exists in balanced opposites. By doing one thing, weighting one possibility, the universe seeks balance and will redress the imbalance. While there are such balances, many of the balances are deeper and more complex than we can imagine and the idea of a simple duality is more the result of a reductionist mind-set than a representation of reality.

And the final magic is that nothing is really real and a deception, even a self deception, is just as valid as what others think is reality. This is usually considered to be the crux and the pinnacle of magical tradition. I would posit that it is a sign that someone has 'lost their way' and has had a psychotic break.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
When I hear the word magic, I usually get the impression that one doesn't understand what they are talking about, and that it shouldn't be any other way.

Occult on the other maybe anything that outside your frame of mind or reference point. Science was considered occult knowledge and satanic by the church

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
When I hear the word magic, I usually get the impression that one doesn't understand what they are talking about, and that it shouldn't be any other way.

Occult on the other maybe anything that outside your frame of mind or reference point. Science was considered occult knowledge and satanic by the church

Yes, but without more specifics from the OP we don't know what he/she is going through.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No, it wasn't.

The opposite is true. The Church sponsored many early scientific and educational endeavours and nearly all the early scientists were deeply religious.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Yes, but without more specifics from the OP we don't know what he/she is going through.

I mean I am quite new to this so..

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Of course but if you would be brave enough to share at least one experience, perhaps we can share with you that we too have experienced it.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I guess I was generalizing...as usual...

Sure you got a whole bunch founding fathers of logic an knowledge, and their divine inspiration an aspirations. Hell curiousity and philosophy might as well say it their god dam right to understand, the almighties creation called Life.

Hine sight says differently, like the study of astronomy.
edit on 18-7-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Of course but if you would be brave enough to share at least one experience, perhaps we can share with you that we too have experienced it.

Experiences with magic?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Experiences with magic?

Yes, what you think is magic.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The most evil one in existence uses magic to tempt people away from the good path, and put them on a path that leads to eventual destruction. Anton LaVey learned all about magic and did all kinds of magic knowing he would get powers from it.
But in the end when he was dying he could see hell coming to get his soul and so he admitted being deceived.
Anton LaVey screams of Hell as he die's Begging Jesus for Mercy .

There is no good magic. All magic is evil. It will capture a person like a drug and then you will need a larger dose of it after each use until you become trapped and it will traumatize your heart and spirit which is the hope of evil incarnate so you decimate yourself away from God.

Don't do it. Don't learn about it, don't practice it. (If you care about your own soul). Even the very thought of using magic makes me sick to my stomach.

This is my explanation of magic and the occult, and it is true.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: sayzaar

Crowley himself admitted that he encountered a non human entity..

I've seen Mr. Crowley's magic first hand. All I can tell you is that it's nothing more than a play on this virtual reality.

Mr Brownstone was "allegedly" heroin

Who is Mr Crowley

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Selective posting.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Experiences with magic?

That's hard to define since magic varies. I'd say anything that uses spiritual methods. IDK.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Selective posting.

Our thoughts provoking
Share the light
For the inner mind is yet to be free

And all that jazz too!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Experiences with magic?

That's hard to define since magic varies. I'd say anything that uses spiritual methods. IDK.

So, are you saying you've had absolutely no experiences outside of the norm?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP

Selective posting.

Our thoughts provoking
Share the light
For the inner mind is yet to be free

And all that jazz too!

Yeah, all that jazz.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Experiences with magic?

No, not really.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Experiences with magic?

No, not really.

So, then, it seems to me that you are looking for away to enter these realms and need someone to help you along?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join