It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur

originally posted by: violet
This is why I disagree with children being allowed to start the transition with the hormone meds at ages as early as 11.

It's becoming such a fad.

Although some people might really need the change, not all really know what they're in for .

Bruce Jenner has no regrets. Let's see how he feels in 5 years. He won't admit it though. Would be great if he would become an advocate for regret though. Need somebody famous to do that so that can catch on instead

They don't transition with hormone meds at 11, they usually give blockers to delay puberty to give them more time to decide. Big difference...

You are still playing with the natural order of science... hormone blockers could result in life long complications.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Sheye

To be honest i imagine any Man that chooses to have his tackle mutilated beyond repair is going to have regrets.

That being said, each to there own i suppose, just remember fellows that they don't grow back.

I guess an adult can do what they want, wouldn't be the craziest thing people are doing nowadays. But I would echo your sentiments to the juvenile, the ones with... child gender dysphoria who apparently know what sex they want to be, and when they want it, but can't decide what sweeties they want from the supermarket.

That's regret in the making, unless studies show me it's a genuine condition. Even then, only full adults should make those kind of decisions for themselves because some parents let their children express themselves too much.
edit on 20-7-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Vaedur

originally posted by: violet
This is why I disagree with children being allowed to start the transition with the hormone meds at ages as early as 11.

It's becoming such a fad.

Although some people might really need the change, not all really know what they're in for .

Bruce Jenner has no regrets. Let's see how he feels in 5 years. He won't admit it though. Would be great if he would become an advocate for regret though. Need somebody famous to do that so that can catch on instead

They don't transition with hormone meds at 11, they usually give blockers to delay puberty to give them more time to decide. Big difference...

You are still playing with the natural order of science... hormone blockers could result in life long complications.

It's okay, some people believe that doctors and scientists know everything about human anatomy.

Artifical wombs, men will have babies next.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Your peers and my peers are different.. I'm not going to bother feeding your hate frenzy anymore.

Many things in life happen that don't make it to the news , or are not written about.. and even if they were you would have your confirmation bias to throw at the hurt and struggle some children have endured.

Because the LGBTQ community is the new cool , many adolescents are experimenting much more with homosexuality and bisexuality, and there are cases where adolescents who do not want to participate in sexual activites instigated by other peers, are bullied and shamed and called all sorts of phobic names.

If I had a real life person join this site and say what her child went through, you would dismiss it as bias BS.

Lots happens in real life that is not included in citations or medical studies... deal with that fact.. just as it is a fact that more than a few transgendered have had deep regrets and start de- transitioning.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Regret is not rare and many transgendered drop out of studies, as this excerpt states.

Regret Is Not Rare Most people don’t realize that the outcomes of sex transition are not tracked over time. That is, no one knows how many people are happy, how many have regrets, how many return to their birth sex, or how many have died as a result of suicide. Even when studies are conducted, the results are often based on a minority of the participants because, as The Guardian reported: “the results of many gender reassignment studies are unsound because researchers lost track of more than half of the participants. For example, in a five-year study of 727 post-operative transsexuals published, 495 people dropped out for unknown reasons.” In addition, many studies may report misleading outcomes because they look at results over too short a period of time. Feelings of regret or suicide may not surface for ten to fifteen years after the transition, but studies don’t track patients that long. People with regret have contacted me as far out as thirty years after transition.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Your peers and my peers are different.. I'm not going to bother feeding your hate frenzy anymore.

Many things in life happen that don't make it to the news , or are not written about.. and even if they were you would have your confirmation bias to throw at the hurt and struggle some children have endured.

Because the LGBTQ community is the new cool , many adolescents are experimenting much more with homosexuality and bisexuality, and there are cases where adolescents who do not want to participate in sexual activites instigated by other peers, are bullied and shamed and called all sorts of phobic names.

If I had a real life person join this site and say what her child went through, you would dismiss it as bias BS.

Lots happens in real life that is not included in citations or medical studies... deal with that fact.. just as it is a fact that more than a few transgendered have had deep regrets and start de- transitioning.

Why do you continue to put words in my mouth despite my legitimate questions? There's no evidence that i'm on a 'hate frenzy' and I can assure you firsthand, because you directed your adhoms at me, that I am NOT hating at all. I keep asking for these peer reviewed studies you say you have. And stop trying to divide and lump this argument. They're not 'my' peers vs 'your' peers. I'm asking for legitimate peer-reviewed studies in their entirety. I keep telling you I'm OPEN to reviewing them. But you keep neglecting to provide them. You keep accusing me of thing I haven't done. You keep dismissing my outright request and my assertion that I'd be both OPEN and HAPPY to view these studies you claim to possess access to.

But you continue to assert that I'll just call them "B.S". You're unjustly putting words in my mouth and you keep on with the "You wouldn't look at them anyway".

Why do you keep doing this?

No one is attacking you, least of all me. I keep asking you to provide the very thing you claim to possess, but you keep denying the information and continue to lie and say I am doing something which I am not.

I'll keep asking, because I don't mind being repetitive with the questions and requests. I shouldn't have to be. But I will because, in your case, it clearly permits it. I'll stop asking if you were just willing to admit you don't have any studies to provide. If they're legitimate studies then religion or atheism should have nothing to do with the study in and of itself.

But you keep lying. You keep putting words in my mouth and are adhomming me to no avail.

edit on 20-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

But you continue to assert that I'll just call them "B.S". You're unjustly putting words in my mouth and you keep on with the "You wouldn't look at them anyway".

Because you already have on this thread, as well as others. If its from a source you consider bias .. of course you attempt to debunk it.

Read my last excerpt .. please.. that was a legitimate study where over 400 participants dropped out.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

My feelings regarding our children is that they are born exactly as intended.

If they wish to make such life changing decisions later in life better that they do so once they can fully comprehend the entirety of such actions.

Like i said through, each to there own.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Because you already have on this thread, as well as others. If its from a source you consider bias .. of course you attempt to debunk it.

Read my last excerpt .. please.. that was a legitimate study where over 400 participants dropped out.

I never said anything was "B.S"You keep lying. And it's never what I, PERSONALLY, consider biased. From an educational standpoint the ARTICLE (which is not an actual scientific report) is biased. That's not my opinion, that is a fact. I would say the same thing if it was a left leaning atheist site that published an article saying that all Christians are the same. If someone had made a post about such a topic, I would call them out on it.

Do you even have the peer reviewed study you said you have? Because I have yet to see any links. And the one where you mentioned 400 people dropping out shows the inconclusiveness of the actual study. But the ARTICLE that you posted misrepresented the data as a means to push an agenda that SRS is ineffective when the study did not show that.

And nowhere did I ever deny that there werent some people that had regretted SRS. So stop adhomming, deflecting and lying.
edit on 20-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ISeekTruth101

My feelings regarding our children is that they are born exactly as intended.

If they wish to make such life changing decisions later in life better that they do so once they can fully comprehend the entirety of such actions.

Like i said through, each to there own.

I agree... each to their own... but don't expect coddling , sympathy and acceptance to make you happy.

Those who transitioned as an adult .. went through appropriate screening , now must live with the fact that not all others will respect or accept your choice as a healthy one.

edit on 20-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I''ve said all I have to say on this subject of real regrets.
No use beating it to death... I posted what I found to be very sad real stories.

I'm sure there are many more transgendered who have regrets after surgery, that we will never know about due to them being harassed and stifled by their own community.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Mate lets face it life is a pavement of misery doted with the odd moment of happiness and levity.

Humanity tends to hate what it does not understand down to fear of the unknown.

Cant start screening people for such things, down that road lies segregation and possibly much worse.

End of the day the best outlook to have is to hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Mate lets face it life is a pavement of misery doted with the odd moment of happiness and levity.

Humanity tends to hate what it does not understand down to fear of the unknown.

Cant start screening people for such things, down that road lies segregation and possibly much worse.

End of the day the best outlook to have is to hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

Very well said.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Where was her concern for the poster who revealed how hard the teen years were for someone with gender dysphoria? It was like "big deal, you weren't the only one who suffered". That was just cold. Nope, the OP just played her hand there. She doesn't really care about people with gender dysphoria.

Do people start threads just so everyone will post their agreement? Do people start threads and expect anyone who disagrees to keep quiet? Who is "removing views"? Unless, you are trying to remove our views...

My thoughts exactly. And then this random nonsense about saying we're all in some posse? Doesn't make sense AT ALL. You don't see anyone else saying that those backing OP are a part of OP's posse. We could all agree to disagree. But this is a forum. If everyone agreed to disagree there'd be no threads or discussions.

And no one is arguing that having a differing opinion is wrong. Though when 'opinions' are being put forth as assertions and facts without any evidence, then of course people are going to rightfully refute it. People are entitled to opinions, but when assertions and facts are being argued, there's no room for those that continue to ship a narrative that not only does not have evidence to support it, but has evidence to refute it.

And completely agree. No one is ganging up on anyone. It's debating, When other's are sticking up for Sheye because of some supposed 'empathy' or 'compassion' she is trying to show...or she is 'opening her heart', i have yet to see a concrete method by which she has shown this. She has the pity act down one minute by saying how she feels bad for them, but the very next she describes their 'demons', calls them 'repulsive' says they just need to 'grow up' when it comes to their depression and suicidal tendencies...and furthermore, the moment someone provides their heart-wrenching, firsthand account, she replies with "You're not the only one who suffered". What a grand gesture and way to show compassion by telling someone to suck it up.

I see .... it's apparent now its the LGBTQ community that requires coddling. Tired of trans telling their childhood sob stories when there are plenty of childhood sob stories that have nothing to do with gender dysphoria.

Soooo much concern from the heart there.

At least you have finally admitted your lack of concern, which proved your whole OP is a lie.

I have much concern for the regretful transgendered who have had irreversible surgery, which is what this thread is about.

I don't have as much compassion for those who cry about a miserable childhood because they weren't allowed to dress in mommys clothes and make up on a continuing basis. I do have concerns for their psychological health , but I won't play the pity party for all , unless we look at all the ways children have suffered terrible child abuse .

Thank you for confirming that you have neither the desire nor the wish to understand the issues involved. That has to be one of the most stunningly insensitive posts I've ever seen. You might as well have written that you don't give a rat's ass about the thoughts and feelings of those you obviously scorn, distrust and hate.

I get told to basically suck it up all the time when my opinions are argued against.
My feelings don't matter , correct ?

I'm just a hate spewing Christian with archaic views who hides behind the bible according to some.

My compassion is there to a degree , but some transgendered simply want to be coddled in todays society because they are different, yet never give the same freedom of being different to others.

Of course your feelings matter. You just seem to think that the feelings of other people don't.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I never said anything was "B.S"You keep lying. And it's never what I, PERSONALLY, consider biased. From an educational standpoint the ARTICLE (which is not an actual scientific report) is biased.

I call someone saying an article is based on biased lies.. more or less saying it's BS. You may have used some other choice words besides lies .. lies.. like more confirmation biased unscientific , uneducated ( your education is obviously the higher one , so of course that makes you right) 🙄

Now you call me a liar, because essentially you called my links biased, therefore full of it?.. and I say you called BS on something... from where you choose to pick apart the wording but not the intention.

I'm just callin' it as I see it Reya , with no fancy words to help me, some spelling mistakes thrown in, along with a genuine concern for the topic of this thread.

I could refute more , but your not worth the time and energy, and nor is this thread.

What needed to be said was said in the first page, and I regret that I let my self get sucked into the insinuations, accusations, presumptions, and ego baiting.

Have your superior intellectual scientific knowledge, which your ego clings to so desperately... and remember matters of the heart are different for everyone, and you can't judge my heart and views , especially when they are based from concern.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Don't be to hard on yourself Sheye.

You managed to create a thread that ran 27 pages deep so far here on ATS

Obviously where such controversial subject matter is concerned opinions are going to vary widely.

The trick i imagine is to try not to take things to heart to much.

After all discussions round these here parts can sometimes become rather confabulated and sometimes scured but its all in good spirits.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Again, a good therapist will eliminate the possibility of regret. A good therapist will spend lots of time ruling out any other issues that might be confusing someone who doesn't actually have gender dysphoria. A good therapist will guide the person to go slowly and only as far as needed to alleviate the dysphoria.

Anyone with regrets just didn't have a good therapist.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
30 pages in two days. Wow, the creepers come out for tranny threads.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

Creepy is as creepy does i suppose.

But does that not mean we would be creepers also?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Anyone with regrets just didn't have a good therapist.

I think that would be considered an insult to many well meaning therapists in this field. To throw this on them is unfair.
I would like to see the screening an individual must go through to be referred to hormone therapies and surgeries. That would be an interesting read.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join