It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I would consider this disinfo.

The main cause of suicide is denial of access to treatment.

No different than bullies, the people that hold the stance transition is bad, are very rarely interested in the happiness or well being of a transgender, and are more interested in being the bully that denies access of treatment.

These conversations always go the same, as a bunch of conservatives show up to '"defend" transgender by being grossed out and explaining others too should be grossed out, and to be normal people instead of transgender. Then they clarify they are trying to 'help people' as they argue and defame any actual transgender that show up to converse and then they state that the suicide statistics are always in their favor, when only 4% of a very recent study shows that transgender kill themselves with full family support verses 56% of those with no support listening to AltRight people on the internet tell them to kill themselves.

These conversations are mostly impossible due to ignorance. The heavy players of opinion are the least effected almost always.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoneWithHumans
I would consider this disinfo.

The main cause of suicide is denial of access to treatment.

No different than bullies, the people that hold the stance transition is bad, are very rarely interested in the happiness or well being of a transgender, and are more interested in being the bully that denies access of treatment.

These conversations always go the same, as a bunch of conservatives show up to '"defend" transgender by being grossed out and explaining others too should be grossed out, and to be normal people instead of transgender. Then they clarify they are trying to 'help people' as they argue and defame any actual transgender that show up to converse and then they state that the suicide statistics are always in their favor, when only 4% of a very recent study shows that transgender kill themselves with full family support verses 56% of those with no support listening to AltRight people on the internet tell them to kill themselves.

These conversations are mostly impossible due to ignorance. The heavy players of opinion are the least effected almost always.

Exactly, exactly exactly. Thank you for this. OP references a biased article that misrepresents an outdated study that is almost 15 years old. In the world of science, that is very dated, especially considering there have been newer studies which have already been discussed on ATS.

You hit the nail on the head.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

No you should NOT rely on people in forums for advice. Therapists who specialize in gender dysphoria have the training and experience to deal with varying levels of dysphoria. What is right for one individual won't be for another.

You can't get hormones or sex reassignment surgery without a therapist - not in the U.S. anyway. You can't deal with gender dysphoria on your own, unless you don't plan on getting any hormones or surgery.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

They made it ileagal to require a therapist recently in Colorado.

In many other states the 1 year mandatory is now optional.

(This is normally for insurance, there is no law, it's insurance mandate.)

You can also buy them on the internet.

The 1 year period is now being viewed as discrimination itself.

I waited 2 months, then opted in. Because of this, I pay full price(2$) instead a month instead of(1$) so the money isn't that great either.

The same rules apply in my insurance for the actual surgery, and so I have completed the full year, but my TSG doctor doesn't badmouth that one as much because you need hormonal treatment first(1yr). She still calls it a conservative scam essentially though and directed me to doctors that give signatures verses ones that are purposeful road blocks for the collecting of infinite checks. My initial therapist denied a recommendation after 3 years of visits, because his bogus political affiliations history. I make more money a day than idiots like this make in 3 years, this is the best way I can ride through his 'qualified opinion' being so blatantly wrong so easily, but I can only imagine the horror others must go through in the process.

Psychologist are also about as much a Doctor, as Cap'n Crunch is a real Captian, anyway. A literal 2 year biology major is more likely to be medically useful. You know those call centers in India where their job is 100% following a script? Ya, in America, we have "Psychologists", but we call them Doctors.

My best friends girlfriend is a Child Psychologist and basically forgets letters in the Alphabet and can't Alphabetize because of it. She's also a "good one", god bless her. That's who you're calling "Doctor".
edit on 20-7-2017 by DoneWithHumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Let's take a poll...

How many people who support the source material in the OP and refer to gender reassignment surgery as genital mutilation have had sons and had them circumcised? Everyone that raised their hands is a massive F'ing hypocrite

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

"You hit the nail on the head"

You almost did, staying true to Science and considering they're actually interested in being enlightened.

The real intention of OP is to be a troll. It's a very clever game, but their only goal is response at all. If they can continue the general game with those who hold strong at the end, they can deny freedom in their own version of "free rights". This is normally scourge as they feel like their rights have somehow been violated, and rather than justify it, oppressing others has just always worked easier for them. I use the word "Bully" carefully, as those like OP even know it's not that 'wrong', but their intent is to convince others this to cut away at their opposition indirectly.

This is a conservative v society thing, just as it was for Muslim. The goal is to make them an 'enemy of the people' at the cost of lies/misdirect/confuse etc. at any cost. It's embarrassing even having friends in Canada that are Muslim because of this, but the conservatives against it have never traveled farther than the bar in their 1 horse towns.

They also act like their statistics based evidence has no cause. Angry Muslims literally move to these towns to attack them, BECAUSE they know that's where the racism is. These Muslims are equally stupid, but how the cons don't understand they're nothing but gasoline is redundant at this point. You can't fight fire with fire idiots, you use water.

As for actually convincing the people only here to continue it, "That's like explaining Partical Physics to a...partical..."
-Archer

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

I never claimed to have what you demanded.. I had what I posted in the OP,and that is what I meant, as well as other links.. if that isn't good enough for you.. too bad.

edit on 20-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

"You hit the nail on the head"

You almost did, staying true to Science and considering they're actually interested in being enlightened.

The real intention of OP is to be a troll. It's a very clever game, but their only goal is response at all. If they can continue the general game with those who hold strong at the end, they can deny freedom in their own version of "free rights". This is normally scourge as they feel like their rights have somehow been violated, and rather than justify it, oppressing others has just always worked easier for them. I use the word "Bully" carefully, as those like OP even know it's not that 'wrong', but their intent is to convince others this to cut away at their opposition indirectly.

This is a conservative v society thing, just as it was for Muslim. The goal is to make them an 'enemy of the people' at the cost of lies/misdirect/confuse etc. at any cost. It's embarrassing even having friends in Canada that are Muslim because of this, but the conservatives against it have never traveled farther than the bar in their 1 horse towns.

They also act like their statistics based evidence has no cause. Angry Muslims literally move to these towns to attack them, BECAUSE they know that's where the racism is. These Muslims are equally stupid, but how the cons don't understand they're nothing but gasoline is redundant at this point. You can't fight fire with fire idiots, you use water.

As for actually convincing the people only here to continue it, "That's like explaining Partical Physics to a...partical..."
-Archer

I don't believe staying true to what some may consider good science is necessarily enlightenment.
Assuming my real intentions ? .. as a troll ?

This is a serious transition thet needs serious consideration. I think all transgendered thinking of having these surgeries should be forced to talk to a large cross section of those indivuals that already have, including those with deep regrets.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DoneWithHumans

. I would consider this disinfo. The main cause of suicide is denial of access to treatment

No it isn't ... the OP is talking about after surgery, so they've had their treatment.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Yes, but inhibiting a whole group of people for your secular belief is stupid and beyond reproach. As for me, my name suggests I'm perfect for responding to something like this as I'm immune at this point to what individuals thought of what should mandate everyone elses. Hitler did that, let's get real and let Cheetaman be Cheetaman. This is America, you can get the hell out if you're a fascist. Individual liberty will reign supreme. Otherwise, there is nice beautiful property in Russia that you might like, and It's even illegal for transgender to drive.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So he's talking about 100% of a much smaller % of transgender suicide, to deny access, the highest % of transgender suicide.

Logical. /s

I'll give you a minute to consider this.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So he's talking about 100% of a much smaller % of transgender suicide, to deny access, the highest % of transgender suicide.

Logical. I'll give you a minute to consider this.

Sounds like illogical double talk to me.. explain..

They are talking about transgendered post-op, and the rate of unhappiness is 1 to 5 , or so they claim.

The article also states that transgendered are often ill treated if they come out with their feelings of discontent.

I'm sure some suffering from serious depression may even think it's their hormone therapy playing games with them , when in fact it is depression caused by the realization they may have made a mistake.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

At least you admit that it's a claim.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Natraully, unless you're using an inaccurate source, the largest contributor to total transgender suicide is inability to gain treatment for transgender. Less than 30% that receive treatment even attempt surgery because of finacials.

So it's slanted to make post-OP sound bad and if successful, raises the total suicide rate while supposedly lowering the rate of a smaller group. This data is especially easy to misrepresent because of how small the group of transgender is that get surgery, and you somehow miss the variable that the 'unhappy' voters are alive at all when 'no surgery' wasn't even a thought.

Being dissatisfied and being unhappy are not synomounous, people that have surgies are largely satisfied with the surgery so taking it away only leads to more suicide.

I'd like to be born over again as a girl, so I'll call this surgery a 4/5 for my insanely high expectations....what else can I do? Lie and say I'm happy so people like you will get off my case?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

1 in 100 is too many when it comes to this type of regret.😕

Some of these transgendered killed themselves , and not because of non acceptance, but because of deep regret for irreversible surgery.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

1 in 100 is too many when it comes to this type of regret.😕

Some of these transgendered killed themselves , and not because of non acceptance, but because of deep regret for irreversible surgery.

We really don't know that.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The whole point of propaganda is to spin something easily misrelatable/misunderstandable.

My vote that statement is his weapon, and he is a political troll, remains.

Also:
Fact, people regret all types of surgeries, even ones that save their dammed lives. It's a natural human emotion.

Cya nerds.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The whole point of propaganda is to spin something easily misrelatable/misunderstandable.

I see a whole lot of that going on from your side of the camp in these threads as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Or the OP has been misled by this propaganda with those articles. Those types of articles generally are from far right Christian sources. It's the same with gay people. They approach the "studies" from Bible's perspective.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I see a whole lot of that going on from your side of the camp in these threads as well.

Exhibit A response to intellectual inferiority.

You can't even say "Nah-uh u r" without incriminating yourself as much as you just did.

So it's acceptable to you because I do it "more" you say? Go on.

Wonkameme.jpg

Edit: for real this I'm out. KK later.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join