It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump colluded with Russia why did the Obama administration allow him to get elected?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Okay folks back to topic please this is not about Donald Junior. I'm still waiting for more answers for my very simple question in my OP. The deflection is huge in this one.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The OP has put out that if Trump was colluding with the Russians, why did Obama do nothing to stop him. It is a fair question. And here is the answer:

Anyone can run for President, there is nothing to stop a felon from running for President. There is no law no nothing that states it is against the law from such from occurring.

Now there is the other thing, called evidence. Contrary to what is seen on most video’s, a person accused of a non violent crime, in order for them to be arrested and prosecuted, there needs to be evidence. And the collecting of evidence takes time for such.

But, there was some evidence of such, and President Obama did have the evidence, but some of it was classified, and first it would have to go through the declassifying process. And at the time that he was going to let this out to the public, care to guess what happened? Well the republicans, namely Mitch McConnel, in short told the President not to do such. In short the Republicans did not want and would fight the President to get their way and their candidate in office.

And it was in December that Obama did what all he could to try to mitigate the damage done by the Russians in the election.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Since people ignore this topic because they have no idea how to answer this question i guess this warranted its own thread. The russian narrative is spun that Trump and his campaign staff colluded with Russia to win the election but this whole theory has one vital flaw. The Obama adminstration stated that they investigated Trump and his staff since 2015 and they had ample evidence of criminal activities. So far so good for them because they could prevent Trump from becoming president at any moment and even force him to quietly exit the race. Well that never happened. I wonder why.

Now comes the fun part. Why the hell was the Obama administration doing nothing when it was clear that Trump could win the presidency and they had all the evidence they needed that he is working for the russians? The FBI did nothing. The CIA did nothing. The NSA and all the other alphabet agencies did nothing. The senate and the IC did nothing. So let me get this straight. The former government of the USA was willing to commit high treason because they just watched a foreign agent get elected and become president of the united states. How do you americans justify their behavior? People on this site are convinced Trump is going to be impeached and he colluded with Russia just because your government told you that he is. The same government that couldn't be bothered to charge him with all his criminal activities when he was still a normal american citizen but suddenly decided wait now that he is president we should go after him. Do you see how the whole russian narrative falls apart right before your eyes when even your own former government was pretty okay with getting a traitor taking the presidential office.

This is the only question you should ask yourself. Why was nobody preventing Trump from getting elected in the first place? Even if Hillary had won the fact would still remain that the Obama adminstration would still have watched and stood idly by if Trump had won. So how does that make any sense to you?

My theory is the Russians have dirt on everyone that they're using for blackmail.

What I saw from the Obama admin was doing everything it could to ensure a peaceful transfer of power. Then Trump came in like a wrecking ball (It's Miley!), and destroyed what little decorum politics had left.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Okay folks back to topic please this is not about Donald Junior. I'm still waiting for more answers for my very simple question in my OP. The deflection is huge in this one.

You asked a false question. None of us can give you can answer, only opinion, which you seem to discard when someone shares a perfectly valid opinion that just so happens to be different from your own. Everything is conjecture unless someone can provide an artifact that gives insight into the decision-making.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

Why is it a false question? The whole Left screeches like crazy because the FBI apparently sits on the evidence to impeach Trump and it's pretty much a done deal at this point. Pretty weak sauce imo.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Why is it a false question? The whole Left screeches like crazy because the FBI apparently sits on the evidence to impeach Trump and it's pretty much a done deal at this point. Pretty weak sauce imo.

It's a false question because no one can possibly know the answer--at least on ATS. Because of that, the only thing you have left is opinion. And the problem with opinion is that it often supports a particular ideology. There's nothing wrong with that, of course.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Yeah not buying it. People here on ATS and worldwide are convinced that Trump is guilty despite of a shred of evidence and now because Obama is involved suddenly crickets. Do you see the massive problem here? If you believe that Trump is guilty then you trust the FBI and the government to do the right thing but in this case the government did nothing. Where is the outrage? Really strange that people have such a hard time with this.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Pretty simple: despite what this site is about, the U.S. legal system does not work the way you presume, and your question and implied thesis are flawed.

There are legal and constitutional processes and procedures that are involved. There are investigations for air-tight proof. The 1972 elections, where Nixon got in trouble, was not resolved until August of 1974.

Resolving political questions of this magnitude move slowly in the US. We are cautious. Caution is a good thing, and the reason why the U.S. Is the oldest democracy (rep) in the world.

We will figure this out with our system. It might take months, most likely years. But we will figure it out.

ETA
Sorry, above I wrote "you presume." I should have written " I think you presume"

edit on 15-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

They underestimated him.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

i'm guessing a lot of people in the Gov afraid of killary winning the election they let it slide in hopes trump would beat her, maybe they hoped she wouldn't find out.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why aren't people bringing this video up to all these people claiming Russia stole the election and to the losers who can't seem to move on?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
For the love of all things lovely!

Is this true or not ? This is going on way too long it's starting to make me angry every time I see a "Russia trump" thread.

I mean I'm all for learning, and getting to the truth but what the fluff is going on guys !

I need a god damn cigarette

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

If Trump was a controlled opposition, he would have never killed the Paris Accord or TPP.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Well, he DID warn everybody about him, up until the day of the election!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yeah not buying it. People here on ATS and worldwide are convinced that Trump is guilty despite of a shred of evidence...

What do you consider evidence?

We have Trump Jr attending a meeting, setup by a Russian oligarch with close ties to Putin, through an intermediary who says they have 'damaging info on Clinton.' We've also recently learned that a former Soviet intel agent was also at the meeting.
The GOP operative that recently killed himself was contacting various hacker groups looking for the Clinton emails saying he was working with Michael Flynn.

I don't know what you'd consider 'evidence' short of an HD video of Trump receiving all of the Clinton emails, printed out, from Putin himself. Even then I've heard people argue, 'that's just opposition research.'

It's pretty simple; the Trump campaign worked with a foreign power to defeat a political opponent to gain the presidency. Now, it appears, that foreign power is murdering American citizens who were tied to the collusion. Just like they do to their own citizens in Russia.

Somewhat off-topic; this is all particularly sickening because the people (Congress) responsible for protecting the American people and our institutions are more interested in pushing their agenda through than holding the executive branch responsible.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm not getting this! Would someone tell me what US Code was or has been broken or violated by Trump? I see a great amount of name calling and finger pointing but no foundation for a charge. I see numerous violations by the Democrats of USC 18 as far as sedition.

Maxine Waters, Al Green and others have threatened or have brought impeachment motions to the congress with nothing but hearsay. If you read USC 18 it states that any person who willfully tries to impede or prevent an elected official from their duties are guilty of sedition.

I see NOTHING concerning "COLLUSION"...I don't think it's a crime. Read it for yourselves. However, pay close attention to the act of sedition... just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Putin is a snake.

And you feel like that is a reason to be xenophobic to the people of Russia?

May as well be a Republican crying to nuke the middle east, your delusion is just the same, for if you want war with Russia, simply because of Putin, you would dooming us all because of your own bigotry.

And this is precisely why I do not buy the virtue signalling of the left, hypocrites of the highest order in my book.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmSaturday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

What Is Collusion? Is It Even a Crime?

Collusion is the descriptive word the news media has settled on to cover many potential illegal actions by the Trump campaign, which could range from aiding and abetting (18 USC 2) to conspiracy per se (18 USC 371) to conspiring to violate several potentially applicable laws like: 18 USC 1030—fraud and related activity in connection with computers; 18 USC 1343—wire fraud; or 52 USC 30121—contributions and donations by foreign nationals. Also, 18 USC 2381—for, contrary to a widespread belief that there must be a declared war, the Justice Department as recently as 2006 indicted for “aid and comfort” to our enemies, the form of collusion better known as treason.

Does that help?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I can't help but shake this feeling that both the Trump camp and the Democrats/Obama Admin are both guilty in this spectacle. The Trump camp probably did collude with a foreign power. The Dems/Obama admin did engage in entrapment. So that leaves a mess. Winners? The GOP, of course. They probably knew about all, but they listened to the will of their voters, under protest. When this all plays out they can plead mea culpa and move on. They tried to stop Trump in every way they could, except by cheating the will of the people. A GOP majority seems inevitable at this point, with 8-10 years of President Pence and a conservative majority SCOTUS to boot. Game-set-match.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

And you feel like that is a reason to be xenophobic to the people of Russia?

Is that the best you can come up with, wild hyperbole? Is distrusting the snake named Vladimir Putin equal to xenophobia of the Russian People? Only in the fantasies of Trump supporters that can't wrap their mind around the fact their man has been compromised.

edit on 15-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join