It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

"Don't believe transgender is normal ? ... bad parent ... give us your kid ! "

Seriously you don't know how hard I rolled my eyes on that one. Seriously read the bill to know what it actually says.
That was so embarrassing I myself got embarrassed.
The parents do not need to accept transgenderism as normal. The only thing they need to do is to get help for their children. That's what the bill is about.

(post by ZedaStack removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Someday those that profess to know so much will realize how foolish they may really be.

Aaahh, you're beloved religious warning. Couldn't have a night without that.

You're the one who put religion into it.. not me.

I could be atheist and I'd still feel the same way.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZedaStack

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ZedaStack

You're too late for the award. Someone else already mentioned pedophilia.
I'll give you a participation trophy out of pity.

It's certainly true, every study thats been done will show that homo's are way more likely to be chestor the molestors. Prove me wrong. It's cause of their mental illness, lots of them are sick in the head.

Next think you know, they'll add P to the LGBT for Pedeophile, and try to force society to accept them.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: DoneWithHumans

What do you do with Transvestite?

Basic biology says 2 genders, this is because it's BASIC.

If someone is born without Sexual Organs what then?
What about XXY, XXYY and the many ACTUAL other sexual chromosomes that exists not even considering the brain?

Speaking of the brain and development, what do you think of that being a three stage process, that can conflict even with normal genetics(XY) in the programming stages of just having them match up the same?

Do you have an opinion of pre-mature birth and these effects on the brain?

My opinion is you have more opinions than facts. With all that aside, you're still Judgemental to boot over it even if 'correct'.

(Spoiler: You're not correct.)

You'll just end up sadly going in circles because, in the end, all they have are personal opinions and 'feelings'. Sure, you can't deny that people are certainly free to have their opinions, but when it comes to wanting to enforce an opinion based on personal morals as a means of legislation and law, one needs to use actual science. Not what they read about in their religious text and not based on what they feel or whether they feel 'icky' about something.

When asked for evidence and scientific reason and logic, they'll argue up and down with their strawman-scarecrow army and nonsense that has no logical backing.

So yes, it's mostly a free world in which people inherently have the right to an opinion, but to pass off opinions as facts...especially when they can't even back up their opinions to strengthen it in any way with actual logic, scientific study and research reports/academic findings, you have to ask yourself, "Why am I not taking what they say with a grain of salt?"

Whenever you are presented with scientific studies that go against your beliefs , you simply dismiss them as being garbage anyhow.

I've seen it happen more than a few times ... so why bother.

Of course , according to you, only the intelligient and highly educated or well read person can have an opinion on what is best for a child.
Pretty soon you'll have to pass exams written by these self righteous pseudo intellectuals to even have the freedom to get pregnant and have children.

You're so deep into the scare mongering. That bill you keep referencing...Bill 89 (again, had you actually read the entire thing) shows kids will not randomly get taken away just because their parent's don't agree. Stop being so dramatic.

And, go ahead. Post an unbiased academic/scientific research that backs up your beliefs. I'm open minded. You haven't seen me dismiss anything, as the only things that have ever been posted have been silly articles written and funded by the same close-minded garbage they're spewing.

So, when you provide me with an ACTUAL research paper culminated by ACTUAL researchers, I would be happy to discuss this. All I have ever been confronted with is silly nonsense articles written by ultra conservative/religious groups that are against it in the first place.

You know what that means, Sheye?

It's called confirmation bias.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Someday those that profess to know so much will realize how foolish they may really be.

Aaahh, you're beloved religious warning. Couldn't have a night without that.

You're the one who put religion into it.. not me.

I could be atheist and I'd still feel the same way.

You're right you could be an atheist, but you involve your religious beliefs openly in many of your posts. So, I know you're not an atheist, which makes it very obvious what you meant by that comment. Lmao.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Seriously you don't know how hard I rolled my eyes on that one. Seriously read the bill to know what it actually says.
The parents do not need to accept transgenderism as normal. The only thing they need to do is to get help for their children. That's what the bill is about.

Sheye's cognitive dissonance in 3....2....1....

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

And what if they don't need help ? What if dad says " look it here kid.. you're not wearing mommies dresses and lipstick anymore and we're going fishing instead ... this all needs to stop now "

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

And what if they don't need help ? What if dad says " look it here kid.. you're not wearing mommies dresses and lipstick anymore and we're going fishing instead ... this all needs to stop now "

Wow, you managed to form both the strawman and slippery slope fallacy all in one post!

Awesome job, Sheye!

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Here's your sick in the head role models.
Keep your illness in the closets, America doesn't want it infesting it's children.

Projecting much? You projected so hard that you wished I was gay.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Here's your sick in the head role models.
Keep your illness in the closets, America doesn't want it infesting it's children.

( shudders ) They are creepy to me.. a spirit of perversity permeates.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I already told you. They will get depressed and possibly suicidal. It would get worse when they hit puberty. If you had a transgender child you would know and change your mind. And they will hate parents who try to force them to be who they are not. Do you wish that upon those children?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

edit on 7/13/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I already told you. They will get depressed and possibly suicidal. It would get worse when they hit puberty. If you had a transgender child you would know and change your mind. And they will hate parents who try to force them to be who they are not. Do you wish that upon those children?

According to the statistics if I play along to the child's whims and fantasies and allow transition there is a good chance it will end up suicidal anyhow . 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think a child who is guided into accepting their body and gender as is , has a much higher chance of long term happiness.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

According to the statistics if I play along to the child's whims and fantasies and allow transition there is a good chance it will end up suicidal anyhow . 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think a child who is guided into accepting their body and gender as is , has a much higher chance of long term happiness.

What statistics?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm a reply to: Sheye

Could you cite those statistics? Because from my research, they don't exist. In fact, the research actually shows the opposite. It shows that people who had a support system in place through family and friends who didn't treat them as subhuman did just fine whether they had surgery or not. And I actually supported all of this with multiple citations throughout this thread and didn't rely on conjecture laden hyperbole, so if you want to see for yourself look back a few pages.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and to think that forcing a child to be someone that they are not will lead them to long term happiness but there's nothing in the actual peer reviewed literature that supports what you think.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join