It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study: Being Transgender Is Not A Mental Disorder

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Pm me if you actually want to talk.

These threads aren't discussion, it's a pissing contest for Best Meme 2017.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Peeple

I'd have to disagree , it exists in nature in humans and therefore is natural , as is everything that exists in the universe , or anything we make is natural because it is derived from nature

But, using that argument, all disease is "natural", because bacteria, fungi, viruses, and other microorganisms that cause disease are all naturally occurring. In which case, everything we can think of would be "natural", because thinking is natural too.

Also what is considered as normal within society is very subjective , and we are conditioned from birth to accept what society considers normal and to shun what society doesn't consider normal lest we be outcast for being "different"

But, there are some things that are normal, in the sense that they cooperate with the designs in the universe, helping to maintain and support, while other things that go against the design, are usually considered abnormal and destructive.

If we don't make such distinctions, then words have no meaning at all.

For example, we could say that both "creation" and "destruction" are normal aspects of the universe, so that any activity, whether creative and supportive OR destructive and harmful, must be normal too.

edit on 13-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Trump himself flew through this issue with flying colors, seriously sad some of you people can't even live up to the expectations of the worst role-model of all time.

Or even the bible.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. I'm sure you will find no short of liberals that consider conservative opinion it's own form of mental illness. Rise above purposful division
for once in your miserable lives. I will literally bet anything Conservatives get over transgender and lay off. Like the Blacks. And Jews. And the Gays. And Mexicans. And most recently Muslims.

People aren't all the same, but that's like something you tell a child. You should understand people are individuals. This is basic #, no different that not all republicans are drooling to the extent of needing such profuse explanations for everything-ever, like genitals.

It's none of your damn business is the honest to god-truth-answer you keep 'searching' for.
edit on 13-7-2017 by DoneWithHumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Why do people feel the need to try to be so anti something? If you don't like it then don't be transgender or gay. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoneWithHumans
Trump himself flew through this issue with flying colors, seriously sad some of you people can't even live up to the expectations of the worst role-model of all time.

Or even the bible.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. I'm sure you will find no short of liberals that consider conservative opinion it's own form of mental illness. Rise above purposful division
for once in your miserable lives. I will literally bet anything Conservatives get over transgender. Like the Blacks. And Jews. And the Gays. And Mexicans. And most recently Muslims.

Why do you lump all conservatives as people who had to get over hate issues.
I don't hate anyone ! I can disagree with some peoples choices without hating them... and it isn't wrong to not want certain things taught in our schools. I don't teach hate...I teach tolerance but not necessarily acceptance of viewpoints.

I would expect the same tolerance for myself and not so much hate just because I may be different than the PC crowd.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: proloz

They listen to a man screaming all day about communists and gay frogs. You'd be out of your mind against-things too in constant fear with that line-up as your 'current events' information.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

If you read the edit, I added you. Before I read your cries.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If you read the edit, I added you. Before I read your cries.

Who's crying ? 🤔

I'm just being honest about my thoughts and feelings ... or would you prefer that I ignore those and agree with others viewpoints , just for the sake of false harmony.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Right. And if I'm doing something that would be harmful to myself, I'd like other people to tell me so.

But, not just tell me what I'm doing is wrong.

Give the reason, share the knowledge, so that I too can understand why it's wrong.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Right. And if I'm doing something that would be harmful to myself, I'd like other people to tell me so.

Give the reason, share the knowledge, so that I too can understand why it's wrong.

Now that is called loving your neighbor as yourself. You can correct with concern and love as a motivation.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Don't lump me in with PC. Don't appreciate it, I treat people with respect not a made up moniker. I was speaking generally and now you're literally hypocritically lumping me to form an argument.

My 'argument' was the golden rule. Do you disagree as you act hypocritically, or are you saying Republicans are immune to making mistakes also? I'm the last person here generalizing given the topic. What i said was pretty clear, they will get OVER IT as it's a non-issue like the rest based on steroyotypes. You're the one that translated that fairly positive message into a negative one for a divisionious arguement. Not me.

Otherwise, forgive me for not clarifiying there are always Good Republicabs too, and thank you for specifically being the guy reminding me during their obvious mistakes.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Don't lump me in with PC. Don't appreciate it, I treat people with respect not a made up moniker. I was speaking generally and now you're literally hypocritically lumping me to form an argument.

My 'argument' was the golden rule. Do you disagree as you act hypocritically, or are you saying Republicans are immune to making mistakes also? I'm the last person here generalizing given the topic. What i said was pretty clear, they will get OVER IT as it's a non-issue like the rest based on steroyotypes. You're the one that translated that fairly positive message into a negative one for a divisionious arguement. Not me.

Otherwise, forgive me for not clarifiying there are always Good Republicabs too, and thank you for specifically being the guy reminding me during their obvious mistakes.

I'm not a Republican . I'm just an average citizen with conservative views.
I'm sorry if you felt " lumped in" with PC . I know what it feels like to be "
lumped in " as well ... happens alot on this site . My apologies if I offended you.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I happen to be Republican. I also voted for Trump. My sneaking suspicion is that this means very different things between the two of us, to each of us.

To me part of the entire point of freedom, is things like this, and I'll be the first to kick the racists and fascists out of the way to say it can still be done right in a Republic.

Just because some jerk with his own plagiarized bible thinks himself more divine, doesn't make it so. The whole 'football fan' culture entering politics is disheartening but they have a long way to go if they think they're actually going to change what it means to be Republican.

A patriot dies for his countrymen. Not blood, skin, hair or nails.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I happen to be Republican. I also voted for Trump. My sneaking suspicion is that this means very different things between the two of us, to each of us.

To me part of the entire point of freedom, is things like this, and I'll be the first to kick the racists and fascists out of the way to say it can still be done right in a Republic.

Just because some jerk with his own plagiarized bible thinks himself more divine, doesn't make it so. The whole 'football fan' culture entering politics is disheartening but they have a long way to go if they think they're actually going to change what it means to be Republican.

A patriot dies for his countrymen. Not blood, skin, hair or nails.

Have I ever insinuated I am more divine ?

And what the hell was your last sentence supposed to mean ? Please do explain 😂

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

No, but average citizens with conservative values isn't the person pushing against Transgender.

It's the religious radical, just like every other pocket of society's problems throughout the world. I was informing you, not accusing you.

Last sentence makes sense to me. Can't help much there if that doesn't make sense to you. America is the only nationality that is completely beyond physical descriptors of it's 'People'. In short, if you live here or were legally born here, you are American no matter how you look. This type of moral while legally represented is only spiritually supported in America verses modern national counterparts. The ones(Citizens) who are ignorant should embraces this part of our culture. It's not like you could remove all the Whisky Hicks without any of them being missed either. It couldn't be done. They would be missed. They're American too.

If they can't see how Transgender, gay, black, or whatever else fits into that then they can # off though and get out. Acceptance is part of the description of American if they like it or not. They aren't acting American. And that's sick. America is the future. We didn't fight a war over freeing black slaves to later opress people over simpler things like wanting a vagina. This place is about freedom.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Hilarious. But it actually means what it implies and you should no less sooner not tell me to light my own damned hair on fire than oppress my ability to do so.

What YOU consider harmful is also interpretive, or should I come over to your house and smash your booze and break your smokes for your own good too?

I think you know the answer. Don't be an ass to others. Especially over some condescending # like YOU knowing better than them "what's good for them".

This is the type of attitude the founding fathers wanted to kill and smash teeth in over. How you get off thinking this even holds grounds in the Right is bizarre and I've voted Republican for the last 6 terms. That statement is fringe to begin with and you live in a fantasy if you think that's a rational argument.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

No, but average citizens with conservative values isn't the person pushing against Transgender.

It's the religious radical, just like every other pocket of society's problems throughout the world. I was informing you, not accusing you.

Last sentence makes sense to me. Can't help much there if that doesn't make sense to you. America is the only nationality that is completely beyond physical descriptors of it's 'People'. In short, if you live here or were legally born here, you are American no matter how you look. This type of moral while legally represented is only spiritually supported in America verses modern national counterparts. The ones(Citizens) who are ignorant should embraces this part of our culture. It's not like you could remove all the Whisky Hicks without any of them being missed either. It couldn't be done. They would be missed. They're American too.

If they can't see how Transgender, gay, black, or whatever else fits into that then they can # off though and get out. Acceptance is part of the description of American if they like it or not. They aren't acting American. And that's sick. America is the future. We didn't fight a war over freeing black slaves to later opress people over simpler things like wanting a vagina. This place is about freedom.

There is nothing " simple" about the transgender issue. Black slavery needed to be abolished. Transgender issues don't need to be accepted as a healthy alternative lifestyle , especially concerning children.
edit on 13-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Your opinion as being recognized is the same as becoming some sort of popular medium is delusional.

Only transgender people will become transgender. Propaganda doesn't change this.

Do you have an opinion on people that 'feel transgender' being forced to be 'normal' for the sake of others, or even acknowledge the clear missapropiation of Rights in that situation? Since when do OTHERS get to dictate who YOU are? This thread is simply a bunch of controlling condescending asses. I'll live without your opinion formed mostly from political inception and not real-life experience. If it's truly no big deal keep it to yourself and stop pushing bigoted laws.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Your opinion as being recognized is the same as becoming some sort of popular medium is delusional.

Only transgender people will become transgender. Propaganda doesn't change this.

Do you have an opinion on people that 'feel transgender' being forced to be 'normal' for the sake of others, or even acknowledge the clear missapropiation of Rights in that situation?

My opinion on people that feel transgender is they should grow up and accept the body they were given to enjoy
life with.

Yes they have a right to mutilate their bodies , but I don't think tax payers money should be paying for it , such as the VA

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your opinion is too twisted to even negotiate with.

Tax payer money is a mind blowing concept to even be angry over this.

Something like 60% of trans do not even get any of the treatment they're seeking and accept themselves just like you described.

The idea Tax money is even a key point is a huge step in the wrong direction. The controllers of the conversation have got you where they want you for sure. You've paid for none of my transition. And I pay the highest tax bracket, where the hell am I supposed to sign up to be angry knowing I probably pay more than most of you? This is a childish notion of importance when it comes to actual rights and freedoms, the things that matter. Not to mention price of a transition itself is one of the most exaggerated things ever, ranging amateur guesses between $20,000 and A MILLION dollars each.

You can afford the primary surgery for as cheap as $2,000. Even if Taxes was part of this, it's so negligible you would have to be the most selfish person ever the deny the less-than-probably-a-dollar that goes to 'it' a year from you personally. Hormones cost a whopping $24 a year and that's the primary treatment for most people.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join