It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My list of confimred fake news

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: smurfy
Is Trump suing anybody...he usually does, even those he would cheat

It's well-established in US libel laws that a public figure can only sue for libel if there's enough evidence to prove actual malice by the libeller.

It's a high hurdle to jump, and the risk is that you don't win your case in court. Which would then be open season for everyone to repeat the story, with a new claim attached - i.e., that you sued for libel and lost, implying the original claim was true.

If you're a public figure in the US the sheer hassle of stamping out these brushfires would be never-ending. It's more sensible to just ignore them, and presumably Trump's lawyers have had to break that unwelcome news to him at some stage.

I'm aware of all the pitfalls, but this is Trump I was talking about, totally a different ball game.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I finally did what a bunch of you suggested. I think it got buried on Memo Day...

sourced and active links...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ExVoto

The "Russia hacked power grid" story had actual damages caused by alarmism.

There had to be public statements and corrections made due to the hysteria caused.

People were ready to call for a military intervention since thats a blatant act of war....

Some thought we were already under attack since that type of event is usually the first stage of military assaults on a country.

edit on 2 19 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join