It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are Satans enemies???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

imagine if the real god got so bored with his cosmic nirvana that he became human because a mortal existence was the only way to truly appreciate his own creation. and then he found himself unwilling to go back to the tiresome thankless life of a deity. so he never did. there are tales which say odin eventually retired as a wandering vagrant because it was more rewarding (or less punishing) than being the allfather.
edit on 8-7-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noodle174
Which demons, spirits, gods ect are against Satan?

I'm wondering what to do if I need protection, help or guidance and feel that spirit, demon or god can stand up to him.

Are most gods against him?

Jesus told us the secret to get rid of satan.

let him who possesses power renounce it. -- The Gospel of Thomas #81

Satan only bothers with the people who have power. When you renounce power, he leaves you alone.

But, once you're into "power" over others, that's when he gets involved in your life.

Remember, it's basically Satan's job, to try men and tempt them. The higher up they are, the more the tempting.

When Jesus came, Satan took him up to a high mountain, and promised Jesus the whole world, if he would bow down and serve Satan. [Matthew 4:8-9]

When Jesus told Satan to "get lost", he wasn't interested, then Satan left him alone. [Matthew 4:10-11]

So, that's the secret.

Satan goes the George Bush and says, "Hey, George. You have the right moral character to be President of this great land of America. What say you?" George feels pleased, and says "Ok, what do I have to do..." and so it happened. Then, Satan went to The Donald and tempted him, saying "Hey Donald, look, even Obama can be president, wouldn't you like to have that power to demand to see his real birth certificate? What say you to becoming President? This I offer you."..and so, Trump became president. etc...

So, as long as you're not interested in those "high places", the devil usually leaves you alone.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm wondering what to do if I need protection, help or guidance and feel that spirit, demon or god can stand up to him.

Well if we are talking exclusively satan, it's a biblical book based on Judaism and Christianity
Satans enemy is then Jesus and those who use the power contained in the name of Jesus

So, this planet is satans kingdom according to the bible, Jesus has taken it back. Jesus has all the authority that mankind can use against satan

Even Jesus name is a powerful tool if used with faith

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Noodle174

Magic and Sorcery: Insight, Volume 2

Much of the concept of magic-working sorcery is based on the belief that evil spirits can be induced either to leave or to enter a person, that they can be tricked and deceived, and that they can be captured or trapped in a piece of wood or a clay image. For example, it is claimed that by making magic paths of honey or other agreeable things, the demons can be led around at the will of the magician.

All such notions naturally gave rise to a crafty class of magic-practicing priests, who exercised great power over the lives of the people, extorting large payments from those under their influence on the pretense of possessing supernatural powers over and beyond those of the demons. The people believed that these professional sorcerers could invoke the demons to obey but that the demons had no power over the sorcerers.
Condemned by the Bible. The Bible is singularly different from the writings of other ancient people in that its references to uncanny powers and magical arts are all condemnatory. Nowhere does it recommend “white” magic to cancel spells of “black” magic. Rather, it urges faith, prayer, and trust in Jehovah as the protection against unseen “wicked spirit forces” and all their related activities, including magical influences. (Eph 6:11-18) In the Psalms the righteous pray for deliverance from evil; Jesus taught us to pray for deliverance “from the wicked one.” (Mt 6:13) The Talmud and the Koran, on the other hand, give way to superstition and fear. The Apocryphal book of Tobit contains absurd passages of magic-working sorcery.—Tobit 6:5, 8, 9, 19; 8:2, 3; 11:8-15; 12:3; see APOCRYPHA (Tobit).

Spirit Creatures—How They Affect Us

10. What is spiritism?

10 To mislead people, the demons use spiritism. The practice of spiritism is involvement with the demons, both in a direct way and through a human medium. The Bible condemns spiritism and warns us to keep free from everything connected with it. (Galatians 5:19-21) Spiritism does for the demons what bait does for fishermen. A fisherman uses a variety of baits to catch various kinds of fish. Similarly, wicked spirits use different forms of spiritism to bring all sorts of people under their influence.

11. What is divination, and why should we avoid it?

11 One type of bait used by the demons is divination. What is divination? It is an attempt to find out about the future or about something unknown. Some forms of divination are astrology, the use of tarot cards, crystal gazing, palmistry, and the search for mysterious omens, or signs, in dreams. Although many people think that practicing divination is harmless, the Bible shows that fortune-tellers and wicked spirits work together. For instance, Acts 16:16-18 mentions “a demon of divination” that enabled a girl to practice fortune-telling. But she lost this ability when the demon was cast out of her.
14 The Bible tells us both how to resist wicked spirits and how to break free from them. Consider the example of the first-century Christians in the city of Ephesus. Some of them practiced spiritism before becoming Christians. When they decided to break free from spiritism, what did they do? The Bible says: “Quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody.” (Acts 19:19) By destroying their books on magic, those new Christians set an example for those who wish to resist wicked spirits today. People who want to serve Jehovah need to get rid of everything related to spiritism. That includes books, magazines, movies, posters, and music recordings that encourage the practice of spiritism and make it seem appealing and exciting. Included, too, are amulets or other items worn for protection against evil.—1 Corinthians 10:21.

15. To resist wicked spirit forces, what do we need to do?

15 Some years after the Christians in Ephesus destroyed their books on magic, the apostle Paul wrote them: “We have a struggle . . . against the wicked spirit forces.” (Ephesians 6:12) The demons had not given up. They were still trying to gain an advantage. So, what else did those Christians need to do? “Besides all of this,” said Paul, “take up the large shield of faith, with which you will be able to extinguish all the wicked one’s [Satan’s] burning arrows.” (Ephesians 6:16) The stronger our shield of faith, the greater our resistance to wicked spirit forces will be.—Matthew 17:20.

16. How can we strengthen our faith?

16 How, then, can we strengthen our faith? By studying the Bible. The firmness of a wall depends very much on the strength of its foundation. In the same way, the firmness of our faith depends greatly on the strength of its base, which is accurate knowledge of God’s Word, the Bible. If we read and study the Bible daily, our faith will become strong. Like a strong wall, such faith will shield us from the influence of wicked spirits.—1 John 5:5.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Removed my comment and am going with whereislogic's comment below as I like it far better.

edit on 9-7-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Just don't forget:

The religious identity of Babylon the Great is further confirmed by the statement that she misleads all the nations by means of her “spiritistic practices.” (Revelation 18:23) Since all forms of spiritism are religious and demon-inspired, it is not surprising that the Bible calls Babylon the Great “a dwelling place of demons.” (Revelation 18:2; Deuteronomy 18:10-12)
...this woman named Babylon the Great ... represents the world empire of false religion, which includes all religions that stand in opposition to Jehovah God.

Source: Identifying “Babylon the Great”
Take note of nr. 25 "Spiritism" (starting at 20:27):

Regarding the example given under nr.26:
"you can't use his name!"
edit on 9-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Noodle174's

Who are Satans enemies

The first one mentioned in the bible is....

Jehovah, at Genesis 2:4:

American Standard Version
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.

Darby Bible Translation
These are the histories of the heavens and the earth, when they were created, in the day that Jehovah Elohim made earth and heavens,

Young's Literal Translation
These are births of the heavens and of the earth in their being prepared, in the day of Jehovah God's making earth and heavens;

New World Translation
This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time they were created, in the day that Jehovah* God made earth and heaven.

*: The first occurrence of God’s distinctive personal name, יהוה (YHWH). See App. A4.

Source: biblehub (well, 3 of the 4 translations)

What's also interesting, is the behaviour of Jehovah's enemies and how to recognize them as described at Jeremiah 23:27 and surrounding verses, some highlights:
They intend to make my people forget my name...
...declares Jehovah

Isaiah chapter 45 mentions:
20 Gather together and come.
Approach together, you escapees from the nations.
They know nothing, those who carry around carved images
And pray to a god that cannot save them.

Here's the whole chapter (Jehovah is mentioned 16 times in that chapter alone to counteract the tactics of his enemies described in Jeremiah 23, nearly 7,000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures a.k.a. the Old Testament alone, more than 7000 times in the entire bible, it's safe to conclude that it's a big deal especially when considering what these verses say; or the heartwarming appeal made by Jehovah to all the people of earth below, which becomes much clearer in an honest accurate translation):

edit on 9-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Satan is negative so anything "positive" is opposite him.

I have heard that putting up artwork helps with fighting these demons. Happiness deters them always.

go to a happy place

Christian art work is best.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

YES but whos got names of spirits/demons/gods

a reply to: starwarsisreal

Start with the book of Enoch.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

Dude... if you're serious... you're going about it the wrong way...

Knowing and stating the names just gives the presence more power.

You sound like you have a morbid curiosity about what you feel... no problem with that... but don't screw around with stuff you aren't prepared for.

Believe it or not, you can unintentionally stumble into different spirits and their forces and if you go about it the wrong way or you are unprepared, it can REALLY screw your head up for a while.

If you have a deep desire to meet a spirit..... it will happen and when you least expect it to happen. They know this stuff. They can read our minds...learn how to make your mind blank within an instant and know what to do next as instinct.

White noise (hearing static sounds) nonstop can drive you insane.... a known attack often used under certain legions. The other well known way of attacking is they reach out and grab you. Literally putting their hands on you for the most part these things are Succubus and Succubi ..... rape/sex demons. Often occurs.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
When satan got to hell I bet there are things equally as powerful as him in hell, he had to fight or be given his place in hell.

In the bible it says Satan will be bound for a thousand years.

Who is against him?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Spenta mainyu, the good spirit. Satan= Angra Mainyu, the destructive spirit. Not that I agree with Zoroastriansim, but its an easier lesson, regarding Satan, to de-personify him.

edit on 9-7-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: Stupid ass software jumbling text

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Who is against him?

List here or who is his allies are, who his enemies are and the fallen watchers like Shymhz (Shem-y-haza) or Name of Power.

Note. Shymhz rebelled in 2007 and sided with Yahushua. Azazel had to acknowledge this treachery and launched Operation Iraqi Freedom where 3 fallen watchers turned their backs on Ancient Iraq (Babylon).

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

When satan got to hell I bet there are things equally as powerful as him in hell, he had to fight or be given his place in hell.

Who is against him?

I dont think Satan is appropriate entity to harm you. I think you are more likely disturbed by mischievous spirit. You can call it demon or children of Cain ( The father of murderer and lies ).

In Babylonian mythology, the seven evil deities were known as shedu, or "storm-demons". They were represented in winged bull form.

In Buddhism there is a demon named Mara as chief tempter, "prince of darkness," or "Evil One" in Sanskrit sources.

Hindu demon may consist of a range of demons such as,Vetalas, Rakshasas, Bhutas and Pishachas.

Islam mention different intelligent beings, created out of different material, with different characteristics such as evil Jinn and their chief leader is fallen angel Iblis ( equivalent to Satan or Azazel or Lucifer )

Judaism has two distinctive and often competing mythologies of evil — Adamic and Enochic. From Adamic mythology, we have the serpent. From Enochic perspective, we have the the fallen Watchers led by Azazel, Grigori angels, of Lilith leaving Adam, of demons such as vampires, impure spirits in Jewish folklore such as the dybbuk, and of wicked humans that have become demons as well.

In the Zoroastrian tradition, there is an evil force known as Angra Mainyu or Ahriman.

There are so much varieties of demons, it's difficult to pinpoint which one is troubling you. You need to identify the demon first before you can take any protection step. Because it's highly ineffective for you to fight, for example, a Hindu demon Rakshasa or Khali, with cross, holy water and Bible. The reason why many exorcists fail is because of this.

I hate to talk about this, but I will tell you a secret. You cant fight spirit with physical mean. You can gamble with Faith alone but it's 50/50 chance you're ended with demon possession instead. To fight spirit, you need to become a spirit too. Just make sure you find yourself a good mediator teacher.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

There is no one set of universal beliefs but the so called "fallen angels", the Watchers, were dealt with, imprisoned.

There are demons, according to Enoch they are the souls of the Nephelim who died in the flood.

Islam calls beings made of a "smokeless fire" djinn. This is what Judaism calls Seraphim except they give it a reptilian meaning, "blazing serpents" are what they translate Seraphim as meaning. The word likely comes from "Serapis." Ha-Satan, the Adversary in English, is a Seraph or djinn, in Judaism or Islam.

In Christianity he is "the 'god' of this world (according to Paul)." "Prince of demons", "Lord of the 'powers of the air' "(BaalZebul).

Every demon or beast or 'antichrist' is associated with the Satan, some believe he is a fallen angel with a 1/3 following of all angels, but the reasons are gross misinterpretations of Isaiah 14:12 and Revelation (1/3 of the stars...).

Satan is pretty obscure in the Bible and there aren't many demons so the whole thing is a mystery, the Qur'an doesn't waste too much timevon them except in the case of Solomon where it is said that he wasn't an idolater and that the djinn were teaching sorcery in his time with a warning attached, Solomon traps the djinn and buries the books of sorcery under the Temple.

Some say this is what the Templars were looking for. Some say they are still looking and can't excavate, have been caught excavating underneath the mount too, that's at least true.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I don't remember where I read this but supposedly after Satan and his followers fell to hell, he had to compete with others for the position of the ruler of hell.

Which is 100% BS. Satan does not rule hell. It is put there form punishment.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

I don't remember where I read this but supposedly after Satan and his followers fell to hell, he had to compete with others for the position of the ruler of hell.

That's a theory, technically Satan isn't even IN hell/Gehenna yet.

He appears in the New Testament above ground and is not to be punished until the end of time, Judgement Day.

This is according to Christianity and Islam where his name is Iblis and as in Hebrew shaitan means adversary he is named Samael in Judaism, formerly Mastema.

So what dude says is definitely b.s.

Probably a Christian. They think "Satan" is "God of the world."

Why not hell, too?

Yet the Bible says "God is God of the living, not the dead."

And the ONLY God.

So to have within a book called Holy that Satan is "The God (Tontheon, same word used in John 1 for God) of this world", which is attached to a book that says the exact opposite, is a good reason not to listen to Paul or Christian theologians.

Which is all Paul was, a speculative theologian with no knowledge of the person whose name he misuses.

At least he can claim "Well I never actually met him and the Apostles didn't trust me enough to teach me their Messiah's true teachings, being the egomaniac I am I made one up.

But today's and for 1900 or so years they have had his teachings, most were given a backseat to Paul's if not all.

Paul says "The Law is a curse" "Ordained by angels."

Jesus pbuh says "He who doesn't honor the Father doesn't honor the son" and vice versa.

Says "Obey the Commandments." When asked how to achieve eternal life.

Such an odd thing for one guy who never claimed to have actually met Jesus pbuh and Luke had to claim it for him because he never said anything about the Damascus road trip in his letters.

Braggart that Paul was he would have. Instead he claims "revelations" "from no man", i.e. he calls himself a prophet of God and Christ.

Christ doesn't have Prophets, he IS a Prophet, pbuh.

Who prophecied in Mt 24:23 "Do NOT believe them!"

False prophets who come in his name.

Paul is an enemy, THE wolf (of Benjamin) in sheep (Nazarene) clothing.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Wouldn't the better question are most Gods against God? Is it God against all other gods, where God ends agasint god?
edit on 17-7-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

God can't be against that which doesn't exist, that is, "other gods."

There is a reason for capital letters.

G, God is for THE God, God.

god, little g, is for demons and idols, doesn't literally mean they ARE gods, just worshipped as.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

originally posted by: defiythelie

That's a theory, technically Satan isn't even IN hell/Gehenna yet.

He appears in the New Testament above ground and is not to be punished until the end of time, Judgement Day.

This is according to Christianity and Islam where his name is Iblis and as in Hebrew shaitan means adversary he is named Samael in Judaism, formerly Mastema.

So what dude says is definitely b.s.

Probably a Christian. They think "Satan" is "God of the world."

Why not hell, too?

Yet the Bible says "God is God of the living, not the dead."

And the ONLY God.

So to have within a book called Holy that Satan is "The God (Tontheon, same word used in John 1 for God) of this world", which is attached to a book that says the exact opposite, is a good reason not to listen to Paul or Christian theologians.

Which is all Paul was, a speculative theologian with no knowledge of the person whose name he misuses.

At least he can claim "Well I never actually met him and the Apostles didn't trust me enough to teach me their Messiah's true teachings, being the egomaniac I am I made one up.

But today's and for 1900 or so years they have had his teachings, most were given a backseat to Paul's if not all.

Paul says "The Law is a curse" "Ordained by angels."

Jesus pbuh says "He who doesn't honor the Father doesn't honor the son" and vice versa.

Says "Obey the Commandments." When asked how to achieve eternal life.

Such an odd thing for one guy who never claimed to have actually met Jesus pbuh and Luke had to claim it for him because he never said anything about the Damascus road trip in his letters.

Braggart that Paul was he would have. Instead he claims "revelations" "from no man", i.e. he calls himself a prophet of God and Christ.

Christ doesn't have Prophets, he IS a Prophet, pbuh.

Who prophecied in Mt 24:23 "Do NOT believe them!"

False prophets who come in his name.

Paul is an enemy, THE wolf (of Benjamin) in sheep (Nazarene) clothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join