It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago July 4th Weekend Insanity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
We all know about the constant shootings happening in Chicago.

Well this 4th of July long weekend has brought more focus on Chicago and their shootings.

60 shootings and 8 dead (so far) !*!

The hysteria continues .........

Violence leaves about 60 shot, 8 of them dead, for July 4th weekend

Dozens of people were struck by gunfire in Chicago, some of them fatally, during the traditionally violent Fourth of July weekend, mostly in parts of the South and West sides that have long been plagued by gang crime and gun violence.

From Friday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon, about 60 people were shot with eight of them killed, according to data kept by the Tribune.

The toll comes as the Chicago Police Department added roughly 1,300 police officers to work each day since Friday to patrol the violent neighborhoods, the parks, the CTA transit system and the lakefront, where large crowds formed to celebrate the holiday and watch fireworks.

Hey Jackass website

Wife and I were just musing what the body count would be over the holiday... warm/nice weather, bbq's, alcohol, and a ton of hoodrats with nothing to do equals a lot of people shot.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It is all about culture.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yesterday evening, I specifically avoided going through the Austin neighborhood as I knew the shooters would be out...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

According to a friend in Lafayette, they are heading into Indiana by the droves too. When she moved there 8 years ago she moved into a very safe neighborhood, no history of property crimes or home invasions. Last night she was telling me that over the past few months they've had weekly thefts, vandalism and burglaries in her immediate area. She had spotted prowlers in her neighbor's back yard (rather her dog had spotted them) and called the cops. By the time they arrived the suspects had fled, probably as soon as the dog inquired of them what the hell they were doing over there! (He's actually a very sweet dog but he has a REALLY fierce bark.)
While speaking with the cops after they'd searched the area, they told her they had arrested six young hoods in the area over the past month or so, all recent arrivals from Chicago. They all claimed to be living in the local public housing facility where shootings and stabbings are frequent. Two of them were out on bond awaiting trial in Indy for burglary and assorted other crimes. She's now considering supplementing her canine security with some cameras.
It would appear that the rot is spreading out in all directions from that city. Why should the good citizens of Iowa and Indiana have to pay for Chicago's messes?
edit on 4-7-2017 by diggindirt because: correction

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

When does the July 4th "Weekend" end?

Tomorrow at 6am

Thank-you. I guess we'll have a final tally 24 hours after 6am tomorrow. Hospitals try really hard to keep shooting victims from dying, but within the first 24 hours after being shot is when most are lost.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Due to taxes, crime, and overall high prices for everything, Illinois is losing over 1,300 citizens each month. Most are moving to Indiana and Wisconsin.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Listen to the carnage yourself.

/CPD/ - Chicago Police Scanner

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Oh my goodness.. THIS IS GREAT! I've used a handheld Radio Shack portable scanner to listen to the Chicago police since the 1990's. Your link monitors all frequencies, simultaneously! THANKYOU KONDUIT! (Time retire the scanner..)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Most action seems to be in the White neighborhoods tonight. Fights, unruly teenagers, fireworks, vandalism,... minor stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Jaywalk in Chicago and you get a ticket.

But do this, and...police? WHAT POLICE?!
imgur.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

/pol/ posts a nightly thread with discussion. Keep a look out.

/CPD/ - Chicago Police Scanner Thread: Endless July 4th Carnage edition

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
yeah well welcome to the metropolitan areas of the US

where I'm at there is a shooting or stabbing every other day this is just normal behavior for anyone not living in a gated community

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think we have a new location for a 2nd wall.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
July 6, 2017

Over 100 people shot during the July 4th holiday period in Chicago. (15 killed / 87 wounded)

Here is one excuse, but how would a "shot spotter" system enable police to reduce the number of shootings?

"""We're doing a debriefing," said chief police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. "The mood here is frustration."

The review will include an analysis of how "amateur fireworks" might have affected the ShotSpotter system, which captures audio of gunfire and attempts to pinpoint its location for quicker deployment of officers.""

www.chicagotribune.com...

I guess the FEDS didn't arrive in time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join