It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago July 4th Weekend Insanity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We all know about the constant shootings happening in Chicago.

Well this 4th of July long weekend has brought more focus on Chicago and their shootings.

60 shootings and 8 dead (so far) !*!

The hysteria continues .........

Violence leaves about 60 shot, 8 of them dead, for July 4th weekend

Dozens of people were struck by gunfire in Chicago, some of them fatally, during the traditionally violent Fourth of July weekend, mostly in parts of the South and West sides that have long been plagued by gang crime and gun violence.

From Friday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon, about 60 people were shot with eight of them killed, according to data kept by the Tribune.

The toll comes as the Chicago Police Department added roughly 1,300 police officers to work each day since Friday to patrol the violent neighborhoods, the parks, the CTA transit system and the lakefront, where large crowds formed to celebrate the holiday and watch fireworks.

Hey Jackass website

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are you surprised?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hate to say it but we know where the problem lies in Chicago. Enough with the excuses, jobs, education, gangs. We have choices as humans, even in that middle west city. A good democrat city I might add, for generations!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Seriously they are like cock roaches. Thanks to the wonderful welfare in Cedar Rapids and the (supposedly) billboards telling them to come Cedar Rapids we are now facing a serious problem with more violent crimes. Mainly shootings. Progressively it's getting worse on where these shootings occur. You mainly have them in our low income neighborhoods but just on Sunday we had one during the day in a Walmart parking lot that killed one.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Take off and nuke the site from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

When does the July 4th "Weekend" end? 6 more people have been shot in the hours since that Tuesday afternoon article you linked to.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Take off and nuke the site from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.

Game over man!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

When does the July 4th "Weekend" end?

Tomorrow at 6am

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

These guys using BB guns?
Or they just are bad shots?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Are you surprised?

LOL - I'm as far away from Chicago as is geographically possible (short of leaving the planet for a different home) and even I, as a non-yank, am NOT surprised, in the slightest, by these stats coming from Americas Aleppo.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddantts

These guys using BB guns?
Or they just are bad shots?

They are not using BB guns.
And they are bad shots.
That's why innocent people get shot.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's easy to hide the sound of a gunshot when people are using fireworks.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There is a reason why this is to continue to happen. Its MORE COST EFFECTIVE TO LET THE SCUMS TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN ECONOMIC PRISON. I once used to hop the trains going to Rockford Illinois just to buy coffee and then come back to the Quad Cities. Not bad for a 16 year older. I never once thought about danger.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

DA-AMN!

It's ike a revamped "Devil's Night" sort of thing (in the 80's & 90's in Detroit the night before Halloween they'd burn down like almost literally 1,000 abandoned houses every year.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I have to rephrase this or I'll be called a racist.
Hardly any white people shot in Detroit....
edit on 4-7-2017 by reddantts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

DA-AMN!

It's ike a revamped "Devil's Night" sort of thing (in the 80's & 90's in Detroit the night before Halloween they'd burn down like almost literally 1,000 abandoned houses every year.

Now they go after the homeless with a Bible.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: reddantts

Since its been 90% black for like 50 years not many around to get shot at.
edit on 4-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Since its been 90% black for like 50 years not many around to get shot at.

O.k. understandable then.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am honestly surprised the numbers aren't higher. The night isn't over yet...

Chicago is a cesspool. Once upon a time it was a great city. Then the democrats happened. Sorry to those who hate to make things political. But Chicago is a glowing endorsement for democrat policies in action. You absolutely can not blame republicans for this. No way. This is not Trump's fault. This is not Bush's fault. This is not Reagan's fault. This is not the NRA's fault. This is not the second amendment's fault.

This is black people shooting black people. Not a word from jesse jackass or al sharpton. A white cop shoots a black criminal and its like the world is coming to an end. But black murderers shoot 60, 70, 80, of their own in one weekend and no riots...nothing. Its not about the lives people. Its about the politics.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I have to rephrase this or I'll be called a racist. Hardly any white people shot in Detroit....

detroit.areaconnect.com...

Only 12% are white.

www.mlive.com...

Black male: 78 percent Black female: 10.9 percent White male 10.9 percent Hispanic: 2.8 percent White female: 1 percent Undetermined: 1 percent

Percentages seem about right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join