It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Firm believers in a Liberal/Social Democracy ex.( Liberties mentioned in The Bill of Rights etc...) but with a type of Socialist Market Economy;
An alternative political movement that seeks to unite those who feel underrepresented or marginalized by current mainstream political channels, who seek to adhere to left-wing policies while rejecting what they deem the regressive left agenda; "Identity Politics", "Censorship in College campuses","Trigger Warnings", "All whites are racist", "All men are sexist" and other BS narratives.
The Hive Mind - Crowd Psychology - What lies behind collective thought and reason - Why Social Media Failed - the crow, a study of the popular mind - french social psychologist sociologist gustave le bon - crowd herd behaviour - twitter facebook reddit - marina joyce - no man's sky hype anger lies rage - hysterical crowds masses - hypnotized - forums - maniac mob - stock market crash reason - primitive barbaric behaviour in masses groups crowds - Why crowds go crazy fast - Why there is so much anger on the internet web - Witchhunt Witchhunts
Gustave Le Bon - The Crowd - on Amazon: amzn.to...
Central mass psychological theses
Types of materials:
A. Dissimilar materials (foules hétérogènes)
1. nameless masses (as street collections)
2. Not nameless (for example, jury, Parliament)
B. Similar masses (foules homogeneous)
1. sects (political, religious, others)
2. Case (military, priests, workers box, etc.)
3. Classes (citizens, farmers, etc.).
Nature, function and evaluation of the mass:
A mass is basically impulsive, mobile, irritable, suggestible, gullible, obsessed with exaggerated and ingenious ideas, intolerant and dictatorial.
Mass transport mainly ideas and cultural objectives that are only realized by the few who can keep from mass distance.
The individual can only in the mass ascend to heights or sink down into depths (mostly the latter).
Origin of mass is the mass psyche that emerges again from a racial soul than the common, inherited cultural substrate.
Anglo-Saxon masses react differently Romanesque, often show even contradictory ways of reacting.
Modern materials are mainly characterized by a boundless egotism, brings decay and spiritually barren mob rule with him.
The emerging mass age has to be assessed negatively, as here now overpowering masses are no longer bound by ideals, traditions and institutions.
Suggestibility and gullibility:
The members of a mass forfeit the critical faculties of which they have as individuals. Your personality vanishes.
The mass may not differ from factual Personal.
They succumb easily suggestions, their effect of hypnosis is similar, and is hysterical; it is easy to steer.
Therefore, it is also susceptible to legends that deal with most heroic leaders and events.
The opinion in the mass is carried out by mental contagion.
Intelligence, emotion and bias:
The mass is only slightly intelligent.
She thinks one side rough and undifferentiated in both good and evil.
The mass does not think logically but in images, which are often caused by simple voice symbolism.
The mass is easily excitable, gullible and erratic. Your emotion is simple.
Judgments, actions and beliefs of the mass:
The ground is very conservative in general.
The mass can not be convinced by logical arguments, but only emotional.
The mass is sometimes disinterested, possibly also virtuous or heroic, then often in the exuberance.
The mass is intolerant and domineering.
You can be very cruel, far beyond the individuals Possible addition, and is given suitable guidance willing to revolutions.
The core beliefs of the mass change only very slowly.
The moral judgments of a mass independent of the origin or the intellect of its members.
The mass judging by hasty generalization of individual cases.
Your beliefs quickly take on religious overtones and often based on wishful thinking.
Leader of masses:
Guides and ideas are rapidly charismatic properties (Nimbus or "prestige").
Without a guide, the composition is as a flock without a shepherd.
Leaders are not thinkers, but men of action, occasionally one finds among them nervous, irritable and half crazy.
Leaders often act through a great eloquence. Great leaders can awaken a faith and thus control entire nations.
Guide rule is usually violently.
There are two types of leaders: effective short-term and long-term. That depends on the perseverance of her will.
Leaders act primarily through three methods: assertion, repetition and contagion and transmission, whose best-known effect is the imitation.
If a leader does not work, it quickly loses its aura and goes under.
The 7 Stages of an Extremist Hate Group
Stage 1: Grouping
- They feel compelled, almost driven, to entreat others to hate as they do. Peer validation bolsters a sense of self-worth and, at the same time, prevents introspection, which reveals personal insecurities. Further, individuals who are otherwise ineffective become empowered when they join groups, which also provide anonymity and diminished accountability.
Stage 2: Defining
– Hate groups form identities through symbols, rituals, and mythologies, which enhance the members’ status and, at the same time, degrade the object of their hate. For example, skinhead groups may adopt the swastika, the iron cross, the Confederate flag, and other supremacist symbols. Group-specific symbols or clothing often differentiate hate groups. Group rituals, such as hand signals and secret greetings, further fortify members.
Stage 3: Disparaging
– Hate is the glue that binds haters to one another and to a common cause. By verbally debasing the object of their hate, haters enhance their self-image, as well as their group status. In skinhead groups, racist song lyrics and hate literature provide an environment where hate flourishes. In fact, researchers have found that the life span of aggressive impulses increases with ideation. In other words, the more often a person thinks about aggression, the greater the chance for aggressive behavior to occur.
Stage 4: Taunting
– Hate, by its nature, changes incrementally. Time cools the fire of hate, thus forcing the hater to look inward. To avoid introspection, haters use ever-increasing degrees of rhetoric and violence to maintain high levels of agitation. Tauntsand offensive gestures serve this purpose. In this stage, skinheads typically shout racial slurs from moving cars or from afar. Nazi salutes and other hand signals often accompany racial epithets.
Stage 5: Attacking without weapons
– This stage is critical because it differentiates vocally abusive haters from physically abusive ones. In this stage, hate groups become more aggressive, prowling their turf seeking vulnerable targets. Violence coalesces hategroups and further isolates them from mainstream society.
Each successive anger- provoking thought or action builds on residual adrenaline and triggers a more violent response than the one that originally initiated the sequence. Anger builds on anger. The adrenaline high combined with hate becomes a deadly combination.
Stage 6: Attacking with weapons
– Some attackers use firearms to commit hate crimes, but skinheads prefer weapons such as broken bottles, baseball bats, blunt objects,screwdrivers, and belt buckles. These types of weapons require the attacker to be close tothe victim, which further demonstrates the depth of personal anger. Attackers can discharge firearms at a distance, thus precluding personal contact. Close-in onslaughts require the assailants to see their victim eye-to-eye and to become bloodied during the assault. Hands-on violence allows skinheads to express their hate in a way a gun cannot. Personal contact empowers and fulfills a deep-seated need to have dominance over others.
Stage 7: Destroying
– The ultimate goal of haters is to destroy the object of their hate.Mastery over life and death imbues the hater with godlike power and omnipotence,which, in turn, facilitate further acts of violence. With this power comes a great sense of self-worth and value, the very qualities haters lack. However, in reality, hate physically and psychologically destroys both the hater and the hated.
originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
1. Everyone needs to recognize the authority of our group.
2. Our group has all predispositions to influence others.
3. When our group rules the world it will be a much better place.
4. Our group is extraordinary.
5. Our group must be the center of attention.
6. We will never be satisfied until our group gets all that it deserves.
7. We must insist upon our group getting the respect that is due to it.
8. Our group must amount to something in the eyes of the world.
9. Everyone needs to understand that our group is the most important.
10. Our group deserves special rights beyond that of those we deem as opposing it.
originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Deaf Alien
If you're diametrically opposed to identity politics / hyper-tribalism and all of the forms of extremism that result from it, then YES!