It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A link found Between Bohemian Grove & Independence Day...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I recently watched a video on you tube by this guy who calls himself Arcanum. He was discussing the origins of independence day, and seemed liked a pretty basic history lesson. However, during the second half he talked about Bohemian Grove and how the mock sacrifices that take place there every July are directly linked to July 4th, when converting the dates of midsummer eve from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar. Is he correct, this was very interesting, but I don't know enough about such subjects feel confident.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yah, whatever.

History is full of dates and times to commemorate historical events. Almost none of them happened on the day or year they claim...

Jesus wasn't born when or where 'they say', killed and buried when or where they say, either. So what.

Observing 'special' days and months and seasons and years

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BStoltman

It's interesting, and the 11 day calculation is unarguable. What is missing from the theory being proposed is information on whether St John's Eve was celebrated with much vigour in the pre-US colonies. If it was, that could (n.b., could) provide an explanation for the 'usurping' of what was already a celebration, in a similar way to that in which the US and UK version of Christmas usurped earlier pagan celebrations held in December.

But against this, we'd also need documentary evidence that the St John's Eve celebrations in the pre-US colonies were moved to July 4 when the Gregorian calendar replaced the Julian calender, which was 25 years before the DoI was enacted.

And John Adams predicted that the DoI would be remembered for the date on which it was passed at vote, which was July 2. Which suggests that he, at least, didn't have July 4 in mind. This cuts against the idea that July 4 was pre-ordained.

TL;DR - it's plausible that Independence Day replaced an existing midsummer festival, but the evidence is thin and scanty, and at least one of the signatories (who was a key force in declaring independence) didn't seem to notice the potential for replacing the old festival. As for them being undercover druids, no way.

edit on 3-7-2017 by audubon because: typo

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I can't watch the video but I used to work the encampments at bohemian grove and there wasn't much going on there that I could see. I worked there every summer for about 4 year.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

That's pretty cool! Im curious, did they have you sign any type of anti-disclosure agreement?
Ive seen shows where people are at the gate and the guards wont say anything about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
there wasn't much going on there that I could see....

right right, you know except the whole sacrificial murder by fire of an infant to a demon god Moloch (the owl) for the release of dull care so that our worlds leading public servants can feel LESS care for those they serve and their issues....

pretty basic stuff really.....
edit on 3-7-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Of course they did! Aside from everything else going on there, it is "The most faggoty goddamn thing you can imagine."

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wernher von Braun (German ROCKET dude) was invited to BOHEMIAN GROVE before he died.

I wonder WHY...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Wernher von Braun (German ROCKET dude) was invited to BOHEMIAN GROVE before he died.

I wonder WHY...

This is completely off-topic but I read every one of your posts in Christoper Walken's voice.

On-topic the whole idea of even a mock sacrifice is just very creepy.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 3-7-2017 by audubon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WHWIV

Bohemian Grove has been accused of "Child Sacrifices"...

And recently NASA has to issue a STATEMENT about not having child slaves on Mars...

MAYBE Wernher von Braun + Bohemian Grove + NASA ...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

No, no non-disclosure agreement, If you are that curious its pretty easy to get a job there and they pay good too, but its only for about 2 weeks of work for most jobs. I did a lot of jobs there and my favorite was valet car parking. Got to drive a lot of expensive cars, like Ferrari's and got lots of 100 dollar tips.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

That's crazy, no, no, no, I even watched the owl ceremony a couple of times, very theatrical and traditional but not satanic. There is a lot of nobody's that are also members so I am sure if there was crazy stuff, I am sure those people would be allowed to be members.

There are no women allowed there and a lot of gay stuff goes on, and then one night they ship in high class hookers from the beach entrance.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

i just talked to a native from the bohiemen grove area and he informed me that were the Bohemian grove currently is, Was kind of like a neutral area were medicine men and shaman would go to gather medicine. Not just one tribes medicine men but multiple tribes(at lest 2).

This was before the white man showed up

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

It's interesting, and the 11 day calculation is unarguable. What is missing from the theory being proposed is information on whether St John's Eve was celebrated with much vigour in the pre-US colonies. If it was, that could (n.b., could) provide an explanation for the 'usurping' of what was already a celebration, in a similar way to that in which the US and UK version of Christmas usurped earlier pagan celebrations held in December.

But against this, we'd also need documentary evidence that the St John's Eve celebrations in the pre-US colonies were moved to July 4 when the Gregorian calendar replaced the Julian calender, which was 25 years before the DoI was enacted.

And John Adams predicted that the DoI would be remembered for the date on which it was passed at vote, which was July 2. Which suggests that he, at least, didn't have July 4 in mind. This cuts against the idea that July 4 was pre-ordained.

TL;DR - it's plausible that Independence Day replaced an existing midsummer festival, but the evidence is thin and scanty, and at least one of the signatories (who was a key force in declaring independence) didn't seem to notice the potential for replacing the old festival. As for them being undercover druids, no way.

Really enjoyed this comment, and found it very interesting. Thank you for your information!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
a reply to: NobodiesNormal
...not satanic.

they have a tradition to perform a ritual every year, of sacrificing an infant to a demon god, for the very purpose that the demon god would take away their empathy and sympathy for the suffering of others, and somehow to you that is not satanic... well ok then thanks for playing....

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: WHWIV

Bohemian Grove has been accused of "Child Sacrifices"...

you seem uninformed on this subject.
the fact that bohemian grove performs ritual sacrifices of infant effigies is not an accusation, it is well established fact, they have never denied it, even after the video of the performance was leaked onto the net.
the only accusation that has been levied by some is that sometimes its not an effigy but rather an actual infant,

new topics

top topics

join